Latest Drain Pour?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1fJef, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krl2112

krl2112 Crusader (743) Nov 10, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Ommegang Take the Black Stout. Very thin and not tasty at all.

dawg1969 likes this.
  2. dillon_1005

dillon_1005 Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2013 Wyoming

It was this past summer, while golfing. Hot Odell IPA. A fantastic beer, but not when it's hot. If I was a better golfer I'd have more time drinking while driving to my ball I blasted 400 yards. Instead there it sits in the cart warming up, as I search for my d@*# ball.

3. RayUF07

RayUF07 Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2012 Florida

Cadillac Mountain Stout.

chippo33 likes this.
  4. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Aspirant (204) May 31, 2011 Colorado

Sun King Sunlight Cream Ale. I was really looking forward to drinking this, after hearing them talk about it on the sunday session. Then I poured it, and it kind of smelled like B.O. Then I tasted it, and it kind of tasted like B.O. I really hope there was just something wrong with the 4-pack I got.

5. MickJ0nes

MickJ0nes Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2012 Pennsylvania

Warlock.. very bitter in a bad way and disappointed.

6. Ryan_Graham

Ryan_Graham Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2013 Iowa

Jalapeno Pepper Ale- Bent River Brewing Company. After two sips, it was like "yeah this isn't happening." Honestly, who's idea was it to make Jalapeno beer? "Hey, let's take a perfectly good beer, and make it completely undrinkable!"

It probably didn't help that I was using it to wash down a Chicago-style Italian Beef sandwich with giardiniera...

7. MickJ0nes

MickJ0nes Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2012 Pennsylvania

Waste of good giardiniera.

Ryan_Graham likes this.
  8. Brandywine

Brandywine Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2012 Washington

The Beast. Tasted like boozy cherry cough syrup.

9. Charlemagne7

Charlemagne7 Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2013 Florida

Peaches & Cream from Shorts... what a disgusting sweet mess. Split the bottle with my girlfriend and a buddy and we all poured it out. Sad thing is the Bros gave it a 100.... I'm a bit worried about their grading scale lol

10. Halluxone

Halluxone Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2012 Georgia

Ditto on the pumpkin trend here...couldn't get through Southern Tier Imperial Pumking last night and it was used to water some plants. Even the plants hated it. So damn sweet and a malty mess. Eff all these shitty Pumpkin brews already.

Modernrickk and radium like this.
  11. brewman1993

brewman1993 Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2013 Ohio

ommengang game of thrones. too much anise in that stout..Yuck!

dawg1969 and KevinGordon like this.
  12. LeperJim

LeperJim Meyvn (1,058) Feb 10, 2008 Ohio
    Society

Pumpkinphobia!!!

: )

DP update: In a post awhile back I reported DPing a Mikkeller Black Hole ~ the caged & corked edition. Had the opportunity to share another one recently and it was quite tasty. The one I DPed was definitely dead. Closed the circle on that and I feel better.

13. KevinGordon

KevinGordon Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2012 North Carolina

Red Brick Black Eye Rye. Terrible mess.

14. BeerAssassin

BeerAssassin Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2012 Antarctica

They're still making that abomination?

Tidesox28 likes this.
  15. kaseydad

kaseydad Meyvn (1,173) Nov 23, 2008 California
    Trader

This "DOUBLE I.P.A." Terrible.

[​IMG]

16. LancetherealLeader

LancetherealLeader Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013 South Carolina

I bought one of these from Trader Joe's this past summer and it was nasty!!

17. kaseydad

kaseydad Meyvn (1,173) Nov 23, 2008 California
    Trader

Yup....TJ purchase. Kept sipping it to find something worthwhile in it....then said f*ck it and my drain almost declined it as well. Worst few bucks I've spent in awhile.

18. threephase

threephase Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 Connecticut

Had one of Relic's Fieldhand Saison's the other week. I didn't pour it down but boy did I have to choke it down. It tasted like a wet band-aid.... I was so disappointed. I had waited quite some time to try some of their beer (never had a chance to make it up to their brewery and always miss it at bars by a day or two it seems) and was so let down.

19. Travcofarms

Travcofarms Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2012 Pennsylvania

American Beauty followed by Hopnotch in a can.

darthvohn and Hendry like this.
  20. masterofsparks

masterofsparks Zealot (571) Nov 15, 2009 Ohio

Stone Suede. It had a weird medicinal taste that was very offputting. I don't think it was infected or anything, just not my thing at all.

21. garland

garland Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2012 South Carolina

mango magnifico...

22. 77black_ships

77black_ships Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2012 Belgium

In their defence that is one of the sugar-free beers they make for the interested segment plus it has some other dietary requirements. A lot of those beers do taste terrible indeed but at least there is a reason.
    The new labels were not clear about this which is just retarded but the new ones do state this info very clearly.

23. HRamz3

HRamz3 Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2010 Pitcairn
    Deactivated

How about "I Drain Pour More Than I Drink!"

24. ironchefmiyagi13

ironchefmiyagi13 Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2013 Tennessee

Drank half of my Velvet Merkin, then down the drain she went.

Thin, weak and not much barrel presence. I'd blame it on being already drunk but I'd had 11 beers before poppin the cap off, so I know it wasn't that. Oh well, just a disappointing 'hyped' beer.

25. RangnaR

RangnaR Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2012 California

I should have learned my lesson with my last 22oz bottle of Port Brewing High Tide IPA, but the first time I had it, I loved it.. Anyway, opened one last night (bottled 10/11/13), and ran into another bad one. I didn't notice when I first poured it, but after a few sips of bitter metallic flavors, I realized the beer in the glass was really cloudy, and I couldn't discern any hops, just that overwhelming bitter metal flavor. I tried drinking half of it, but eventually had to drain pour the rest. I don't know why I'm running into these bad bottles. I wonder what could have happened to the beer between mid-October and now to create such a dastardly concoction...

26. EyePeeAyBryan

EyePeeAyBryan Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2011 Arizona

Saison Rue with about 1.5 years on it. Just awful.

chippo33 likes this.
  27. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (8,309) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

Fall Hornin' by Anderson Valley. Drank about 4oz and gave the pint back across the bar. Just a horrible, terrible spice mess.

28. Vega406

Vega406 Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2009 Indiana

Hoppin' Frog Sweet Evil Barleywine. After reading a bunch of reviews, I put off drinking it for awhile, but saw it laying back in the cellar last week. I decided that may as well try it now. Bad mistake. Let me preface this by saying that I love Barleywines and like quite a few sweet beers, but this one was way over the top for me. I tried to have a few other people "help" me with it, but after they tried it, no dice, and they are craft beer drinkers as well. Normally I will just struggle through a beer, but this was too much. Oh well, on to the next one...

29. J3KGT

J3KGT Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2013 Illinois

When I don't like a beer I normally try to use it for cooking somehow. Rather slow-cooker pour than drain pour. With that being said, I drain poured the shit out of some Harpoon Imperial Pumpkin on Halloween. It was too gross to even put in with some brats.

burgerpaw likes this.
  30. Hendrick24

Hendrick24 Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2013 Wisconsin

So 11 beers doesn't get you drunk?

Hophead21 likes this.
  31. eagles7251

eagles7251 Initiate (70) Sep 29, 2009 New Jersey

Victory Winter Cheers. I love Dirt Wolf though!

ScotNH likes this.
  32. BeerGreg

BeerGreg Disciple (350) May 17, 2013 Illinois

I've bought a few of their Boatswain beers. Had one that was actually pretty good. Forgot which one though, since it's been over a year.

My most recent drain pour was Upslope IPA. Maybe it was an old can or something. It was my first time having it. Just an awful beer.

33. BeerGreg

BeerGreg Disciple (350) May 17, 2013 Illinois

My garbage disposal is buzzed on the reg, yo.

34. ironchefmiyagi13

ironchefmiyagi13 Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2013 Tennessee

I was making a WEE little joke ;-)
    Just disappointed that no matter if I was drunk or sober, that shit would still have tasted like a cup of coffee with a little soda water and a shot of Jim Beam

35. SHerninko

SHerninko Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2012 Pennsylvania

NOOOOOOOOO! ;-)

mcrago likes this.
  36. prdrums77

prdrums77 Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2013 Ohio

*You're.

markgugs and dmeadows like this.
  37. wvdfh120fan

wvdfh120fan Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2013 West Virginia

only ever poured 1 beer, Rogue Voodoo doughnut -

Will_Edgar and VanillaHeat like this.
  38. Mbpike

Mbpike Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2013 Arkansas

Last one I dumped was either the Bruery Bois or Prestige De Nuits (I probably killed the spelling but I don't care lol)
    I can't remember which one because they were with in days of each other.

39. fernz18

fernz18 Initiate (123) Feb 6, 2009 California

I recently drain-poured a bunch of half full bottles XX, Pacifico, Coors and SNPA the day after a party I hosted. :grinning:

40. fernz18

fernz18 Initiate (123) Feb 6, 2009 California

Funny how the Iron Throne flew off shelves because most thought it was a one time thing so it would be a rare-collectors item (I'm guessing). Today, TtBS has been sitting on shelves well over a month and I think they'll stay there for a while. They're just not very good...

dawg1969, Ristaccia and MWilt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.