Latest Drain Pour?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1fJef, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baconman91

baconman91 Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2009 Ohio

I like a good stiff brew, that said.. I cldn't (or actually didn't Want to) make it through a whole bttl of the "famed" Founders Doom. Was hoping for the best, considering I'm generally an IPA fella, and all the Praise & hype its got. Thought it was *ucking Terrible! Sorry, Let the hatin' begin'.

I'm one of those guys who doesn't think just 'cuz something's in a barrel ..its the bomb. Because some of them flat out Suck. Want an Awesome Barrel brew? - Try Revolution's Deth's Tar Imp. Stout.
    (My opinion)
    - Cheers all
    Happy Holidays

Robtobfest and cestlavie like this.
  2. VanillaHeat

VanillaHeat Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2012 Arizona

Dogfish Head 120. I like the 60, 75, and 90 but I didn't like the 120. I took a few sips and couldn't do it. Even though I used to love drinking whiskey in my younger days I can't do it now and this was too much like that. I paid $16 for a 12 oz bottle and because of that I thought about drinking it but I decided it wasn't worth it because I wouldn't enjoy it.

krl2112 and irv2424 like this.
  3. VanillaHeat

VanillaHeat Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2012 Arizona

I had that once and wow, it was strong. I drank it, went home, and slept for about 3 hours.

Jerome1929 likes this.
  4. trentbrown89

trentbrown89 Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2013 California

Autumn maple

chippo33, dave10mm and tkdchampxi like this.
  5. revbdub5446

revbdub5446 Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2009 Illinois

Momi hiwa....i didnt taste barrel, didnt taste coconut,didnt taste mounds bar.....i tasted another syrupy avery mess

6. BeerTwigs

BeerTwigs Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2009 New York

Ghost Face Killah - Had to try it, but holy hell that beer is hot.

fredmugs likes this.
  7. purecarver

purecarver Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2010 California

I got a 12 pack sampler of Shock Top Belgian? White, Raspberry Wheat and Wheat IPA for my birthday from an unknown guest and had saved it in the closet for almost a year (1st mistake). I just moved to a new house and put a refrigerator in the garage and decided to chill these fake crafties for possibly consumption (2nd mistake). I was stacking firewood and decided to have a cold one - holy crap! I guzzled down almost half a bottle before I noticed there was enough floating yeast that it looked like a snow globe plus it's still just Budweiser in disguise (3rd mistake). I immediately pulled all the bottles out and headed straight to the sink for a massive execution. On a sadder note, I purchased numerous bottles of Ballast Sculpin IPA, one of my favs, from Costco thinking the reduced price was quite a score but failed to notice the bottling date. Noooo! This stuff was waaay past it's fresh date and left a terrible taste from an outstanding beer. I made it through one and half and then had to grudgingly pour the next three down the drain. Moving to the East Coast section, I really like DFH Aprihop and I like peaches so I thought that the DFH Festina Peche was going to be a hit, but not to be. It was watery, bland and barely had any peach flavor at all. This is pretty standard for most fruit beers except for the Lindeman's fruit beers - always tasty!

8. Flibber

Flibber Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2013 England

I had a bottle of Thwaites Nutty Black. This is bottle conditioned and unfortunately the one I had was sour, which is not how it's meant to be.

9. fredmugs

fredmugs Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2012 Indiana
    Deactivated

The three people who tried Take The Black stout all drain poured it.

cestlavie and krl2112 like this.
  10. DrewSnyc667

DrewSnyc667 Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2011 Massachusetts

That's one of my fav's but try youngs double choc stout as well

JohnF51, ChipMurray and utopiajane like this.
  11. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

Why the SNPA?
    That is borderline sacreliguos

ivorycannon likes this.
  12. threeviews

threeviews Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2011 Florida

Although ashamed to admit, Stone Double Bastard (Bottled on 9-6-13) was nothing what I remember from last year's batch...and so down the drain it went. I'll forever stick with Oaked Arrogant Bastard and Lucky Bastrad (when available).

13. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

I liked that one.

Squidly likes this.
  14. smogfood

smogfood Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2010 Wisconsin

I made it through a minute of this. There's no way I could take 22 minutes of the freak in the black t shirt. I guess this is my latest drain pour.

15. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2011 Texas

Seconded.

Squidly likes this.
  16. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2011 Texas

Also, just drain poured Millstream's Imperial Pumpkin Stout last night, they were closer to brewing a liquid version of a cherry flavored chocolate than a pumpkin beer. The beer was bad and they should feel bad.

17. watermelon

watermelon Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2013 North Carolina

Woke up this morning with a warm, half empty PBR on the nightstand. I poured that down the drain.

djl9701 likes this.
  18. BrownAleMale

BrownAleMale Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2011 Wisconsin

People willl think im nuts but kiwi rising. It was so herbal and grassy. Terrible imo

19. brockdidntslide

brockdidntslide Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2012 Pennsylvania

Mango Magnifico was like drinking cold Dayquil. No wait, that's an insult to Dayquil. It was worse than that.

BradStokley likes this.
  20. basscram

basscram Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2006 Maine
    Deactivated

Fat Cat Lager.

21. Ace_of_Suds

Ace_of_Suds Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2013 New York

Thank you.

22. EJLinneman

EJLinneman Aspirant (237) Mar 2, 2009 New Jersey
    Trader

Why drink beer when it's much easier to pour down the sink. I dont drain pour anything unleas its truly offensive. I cant remember the last time I dumped anything.

JrGtr, Ragnampiza, ChipMurray and 2 others like this.
  23. timmy2b

timmy2b Champion (890) Jan 24, 2007 New York
    Trader

Flying Bison (Buffalo, NY) Holiday Ale (Pale Scotish Ale) First drain pour in a long time, this one was just a mess. Bad smell, weird taste were the English and American hops do not mix well and the English malt does not properly bring out the scotish style to me.

24. RalphArdmoreBeerShoppe

RalphArdmoreBeerShoppe Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2012 Pennsylvania

25. addiwilliams

addiwilliams Devotee (408) Apr 4, 2011 Virginia

Leinenkugel's Big Eddy's Wee Heavy

26. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Meyvn (1,472) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Pretty sure he was saying those were laying around the next morning after a party.

The offense was the party goers not finishing them.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  27. Hophead21

Hophead21 Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2013 Pennsylvania

Dumped Founders All Day IPA, had to have been skunked, that beer is usually great, and I was sad :slight_frown:

28. elchicodelgado

elchicodelgado Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Texas

I'm with you on this one. I don't shy from big ass beers but that one makes me feel like a total wuss. I just don't like it.

29. SammyJaxxxx

You made me weep.

30. SammyJaxxxx

I guess I should read more carefully

31. doner24

doner24 Initiate (85) Apr 16, 2013 Minnesota

Central Waters Brewing - Galcial Trail IPA: Not sure if I got a bad bottle or what, but there was a taste that did not agree with me at all.

32. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,742) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Gentlemens Club Rye, harsh and nasty , unpleasant finish and aftertaste. CCB should be embarrassed , a avoid especially at the price point, not again for $2. High yuck factor.

33. BoomKentucky

BoomKentucky Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2013 Kentucky

I have had Southern Tier Warlock on draft about 5 times and had 2 bottles of it here at my house. The first bottle was great but the 2nd one was just awful. Tasted watered down and had just an awful taste to it. Tasted nothing like the previous ones I had. I could only manage to drink 3 or 4 sips hoping it was going to change.

34. atomic

atomic Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 Illinois

Stone's Crime was completely undrinkable. I had maybe a sip. Opened during a bottle share with 8 other seasoned BAs, and still there was some of the 500ml left over to be drain poured.

35. MNPikey

MNPikey Devotee (443) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Founders Sweet Repute.

cubanbeerguy likes this.
  36. krustster

krustster Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2013 Maine

Atwater Vanilla Java Porter. Too sweet and fake vanilla tasting. So far that's the only one I've thrown out for any reason other than "I shouldn't drink any more." It made me feel like I was going to throw up..

37. king75

king75 Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2010 Michigan

Goose Bumps and Spine Tingler from MacTarnahan's. I don't know if I bought an old bottle of each or if they were infected but they had this awful chemically flavor to them. A friend and I tried to drink them as quick as possible and neither of us could finish our glasses. An absolutely dreadful experience

38. Strohsbeforehoes

Strohsbeforehoes Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2013 Michigan

2007 yellow top east end gratitude had lost all carbonation and was very oxidized. Sad.

39. Thickfreakness

Thickfreakness Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2010 New York

I buy cases of this just to drain pour so that some other unsuspecting bastard doesn't have to drink this liquid throwup in a 12oz bottle.

MRLMedic and TheGator321 like this.
  40. Thickfreakness

Thickfreakness Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2010 New York

Dumped a Perennial Peace Offering. Couldn't even finish a glass with my turkey dinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.