Latest Drain Pour?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1fJef, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyJ815

TonyJ815 Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2013 Florida

Agreed. Anyone who drain pours Dogfish Head 60 and 90 minute IPAs are either A) retarded, B) begging for attention, or C) not a fan of IPAs and shouldn't have bought it and ultimately wasted it in the first place.

2. TonyJ815

This is just silliness.

3. Biff_Tannen

Biff_Tannen Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2013 Missouri

This was pretty bad. So glad I opened my bottle with about 6 people to share it with so didn't have to drink too much of it.

brockdidntslide likes this.
  4. thegiantc

thegiantc Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 California

I would try one again. This is one of the best Oatmeal Stouts I have had.
    [​IMG]

5. ZionNation

ZionNation Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2013 Arizona

as more great beers become available almost everywhere, I find my tolerance level getting lower and lower. thus, my threshold for a drain pour is pretty low, and with that said I bought a four pack of Mission Carrack Imperial Red Ale where the first two bottles were dumped within a sip or two. it's not awful, but it's just not good. ill advised. two bottles remain in my refrigerator and it is doubtful I will ever drink them. have yet to meet a Mission beer I like, yet they are flooding the store shelves in AZ.

6. BubalooBrewMaster

BubalooBrewMaster Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2013 Nevada

I might do that,,we all deserve a second chance :slight_smile:

7. target88

target88 Devotee (435) Dec 3, 2013 Kentucky

Schlafly Scotch ale/aged in scotch barrels. 3 of us couldn't choke it down, met someone else who liked it ...maybe a bad bottle ?? only the 2nd drain pour of my life !

Tilley4 and 1424IpA like this.
  8. poobaca

poobaca Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2013 New York

ommegang wild at heart..nothing wild about that at all.

MgoJohnStamos likes this.
  9. TWStandley

TWStandley Crusader (762) Jan 15, 2008 Massachusetts

Not really a true drain-pour as I did enjoy it (for a few sips), but no way in hell was I able to split a 750 of Monomoy Kriek with just one other person....we both did our best to finish it but this one was so sour it hurt.

10. ChrisMyhre

ChrisMyhre Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2013 Massachusetts

That's funny. I'm an IPA lover and I'm also not a huge fan. I find it to be cloyingly sweet.

Robtobfest likes this.
  11. CSQ1111

CSQ1111 Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2010 Kentucky

It was Christmas Day...Pickled Santa English Winter Warmer. Got it as a Christmas gift. I guess it's the thought that counts.

beerophilia likes this.
  12. boilermakerbrew

boilermakerbrew Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2010 Indiana

Creme Brulee of course. So damn sweet.

13. cherche

cherche Meyvn (1,155) Mar 27, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Green Flash Le Freak...just didnt taste right. Might have been because I had already had a 22oz of Double Jack and a 22oz of Widmers Imperial IPA though...

chippo33 likes this.
  14. FLBeerGuy

FLBeerGuy Meyvn (1,270) Feb 6, 2007 Florida
    Trader

Leinenkugel's Orange Shandy... couldn't even finish the 4 oz free sample.

paganbrew and TonyJ815 like this.
  15. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,161) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

Alpine Duet, flat as a pancake, no hoppiness at all. World class beer with very substandard bottling practices.

16. sisterthelonious

sisterthelonious Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2013 Wisconsin

Milwaukee Brewing Co. (MKE) Hop Happy IPA. Not sure how so many small breweries around Milwaukee get away with making such terrible IPA's. Drain-poured a Chameleon Hop on Top earlier this summer. Lots of vegetal flavors in both these beers, and not in a good way. Terrifying hop flavors (old hops/cheap hops) and oxidation. Likely not stored properly, either at the brewery or by the distributor.

mfnmbvp likes this.
  17. sisterthelonious

sisterthelonious Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2013 Wisconsin

That truly sucks. I'm sorry, my friend. I'm not exactly sure how this problem keeps creeping up, but they get 2-3 batches a year that just aren't bottled properly. I think they bottle by hand, never saw a bottling machine on the premises.

They're not overly friendly about complaints, either. Rest assured that they could care less about someone on the East Coast getting a flat Duet.

jrnyc likes this.
  18. Mark000

Mark000 Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2011 Michigan

Baby Maker...3 of us hated it right off the bat.

19. RandyV

RandyV Initiate (146) Aug 8, 2010 Arizona

Tried them all, and I prefer the original (Arrogant Bastard) hands down.

Robtobfest likes this.
  20. Juliuspcamacho

Juliuspcamacho Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2012 California

Justin blaeber

markgugs likes this.
  21. Averwo

Averwo Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2013 Iowa

You are assuming everyone has a "craft beer bar" around them. I have to drive 20 min to find a grocery store that sells more than bud light. And the stores with the best selection are 45 min away. We don't all live in a metropolitan area.

22. MisterClean

MisterClean Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2008 California

Strand ito weisse, tasted like a baby diaper. Not sure how this batch made it out of qc and I generally like berlinerweisses.
    Dave's chili creek beer - serrano pepper and vinegar with carbonation. I like spicy beers, but this was an abomination.

23. JayORear

JayORear Meyvn (1,303) Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

BradT, BeerLover99, Neary and 7 others like this.
  24. pinyin

pinyin Disciple (357) Sep 19, 2013 New York

I've tried the entire lineup of DFH. Positive Contact was above average and Bitches Brew was very good, but every single one of their offerings was too sweet and had too much sugar. Higher sugar content is used to mask the taste of alcohol and makes for a less time consuming brew process. DFH hops and yeast are pretty standard fare.

I'm a big fan of IPA's (Heady Topper, Ballast Point, Stone Enjoy By, Bear Racer, Hopslam), but come on now. DFH 60 and 90 Minutes aren't even in the same category as the aforementioned.

Maybe I'm being a douche, or perhaps your palate isn't as refined.

25. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Ohio
    Deactivated

Ya maybe you're being a douche...drink a White Rajah and figure your shit out!

Robtobfest and TonyJ815 like this.
  26. elchicodelgado

elchicodelgado Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Texas

We should all have such a refined palate. Did you read your own words? Seriously, say those words out loud into a mirror and pretend the person you see is a stranger saying those words to your face. If you don't detect subtle notes of summers eve from the person looking back at you then your palate isn't refined.

27. CopperMtnPlowboy

CopperMtnPlowboy Aspirant (254) Oct 3, 2010 Ohio

That caused a spit take here in Painesville...

Tilley4, -Andrew-, Pug and 1 other person like this.
  28. TonyJ815

Weeeeeeeeeell aren't you special? Mr. King Shit over here w/ his refined palate :slight_smile:

29. DerrickW

DerrickW Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2013 Georgia

Infected Leinenkugel Big Eddy Wee Heavy Scotch Ale--tasted like the smell of rubber cement

30. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2012 California

Crime

I love hot peppers and I've liked some pepper beers I've had. It was not a matter of "too spicy" or "too hot". It was just so overpoweringly peppery ghat it was disgusting. The aroma smelled like gasoline

Dreading Punishment.

Looking forward to Southern Charred though

Had a reg Double Bastard to remind myself how good it is, on its own

31. DooshBagalow

DooshBagalow Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2012 Illinois

Latest Drain Pour(s)?

[​IMG]

A sad lot of leftover IPAs from the summer and beyond, that I finally decided to pull.

kerry4porters likes this.
  32. gspeicher

gspeicher Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2013 Kentucky

This makes me cry.

33. ChuckHardslab

ChuckHardslab Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Texas

Wow... talk about money down the drain...

mfnmbvp and TonyJ815 like this.
  34. sixerofelixir

sixerofelixir Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2009 Ohio

I'm not drain pouring, but good god does my bottle display massive acetaldehyde - 90% of the taste/aroma is green apple and cider. I'm glad this stuff is cheap(er)..

cestlavie likes this.
  35. corazon

corazon Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2008 Texas
    Deactivated

Mole Stout - ska brewing. Never poured a beer down the drain before, but literally did so after about three determined pulls on this. Big fan of Rogue's chipotle too, so it ain't the chile. Bad six maybe ?

36. GennyCreamAle

GennyCreamAle Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2009 New York

What do you mean of course? It's a really nice stout. No shit its sweet, it's called Creme Brûlée. What the hell do people want it to be a f-ing hop bomb? I can't look at this thread anymore...

BradT, Furlinator, Rhf9120 and 6 others like this.
  37. JAYAR1

JAYAR1 Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2011 Illinois

"Hell on High" by Rinkuskiai, a Lithuanian brewery. I was intrigued by a red and white tag it had that touted a 14% ABV. Silly me...what was I thinking? This crap takes sweet to a whole new level of disgusting

38. mrovelli

mrovelli Aspirant (239) Oct 12, 2004 Massachusetts

Recently, Porch Rocker for sure. Just didn't work for me. Years ago, drained a bunch of Magic Hat Wacko. Robitussin w/hops.

Ericness likes this.
  39. Davelicious

Davelicious Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2013 Illinois

I think the only beer I've ever drain poured was creme brûlée and that was simply because I wasn't totally in the mood to drink it at the time. I see a lot of hate for mango magnifico (one of my FAVORITES) and am really looking forward to sharing crime and punishment with a lot of people -just in case-

There's no good reason to pour a beer unless it is actually "bad"

And 60/90 minute drain pours? Crazy talk. I'm totally pouring my next heady topper just so I can hop on here and say I poured it. Troll..

Aaron_Ramson and andyhonig like this.
  40. greg1973

greg1973 Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2010 California

Fantastic Voyage. Big Let Down! Totally infected. Contacted brewery, and no response! Guess they don't care because they already have my $$. I read many other posts w the same problem. Even a sorry about that would be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.