Latest Drain Pour?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1fJef, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbler

Hobbler Initiate (0) May 5, 2012 California

I just recently drain poured vaporizer from double mountain. It looked and smelled like piss and though I've never drank piss I can now imagine how it tastes. Before that my only drain pour was scotch silly. Not a horrible beer just to cloying to finish a 750.

2. pakman08

pakman08 Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2011 Illinois

Central Waters Peruvian Morning 2012 vintage. Total infection, truely disappointing.

gcamparone likes this.
  3. landrewg

landrewg Initiate (141) Nov 11, 2008 Michigan
    Trader

I just had to drain pour 2 bottles tonight that I won in a football BIF recently. Both Olde Hickory: Seven Devils that had a best by date of 2/13 was a gusher and had a really weird taste and a Redemption Imperial IPA that just did not taste good to me.

4. JamesBell

JamesBell Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2013 Georgia

The last thing I drain poured was a cider my wife wanted to try Angry Orchard Strawman. It was extremely dry to both of us and neither one could finish a glass.

5. jshusc

jshusc Defender (625) Aug 16, 2013 South Carolina
    Trader

The Game of Thrones Take the Black stout from Ommegang. That beer is pure junk.

6. Immortale25

Immortale25 Poo-Bah (3,347) May 13, 2011 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Dislike

7. Immortale25

Society Trader

Starr Hill Jomo Vienna Lager. Drank half of it and poured the rest down the drain. Usually I at least try to cook with the undrinkable beers I get. I didn't even want to taint my food with this stuff.

8. CummingsK21

CummingsK21 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2011 Illinois

9. Immortale25

Society Trader

These drainpour threads make me realize just how subjective taste really is. It's almost the perfect companion to the "What beer are you drinking now?" thread that just makes me feel jealous. In contrast, I read about all these perfectly good beers being poured down the drain and I'm thinking the unattainable beers I have or haven't ever heard of in the other thread might not be all that...at least that's what I hope.

mcrago likes this.
  10. kell50

kell50 Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2007 North Carolina

I just dumped a Shipyard Chocolate Mint.

Tasted like Crest toothpaste, anise and artificial chocolate.

Horrible.

JakerLou, cestlavie, irv2424 and 2 others like this.
  11. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon

Base camp smore stout. Really didn't like it. Also a hotd doggie claws (never tasted one so bad )

12. chugalug06

chugalug06 Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2008 Colorado

Hall Brewing - Farmhouse Stout; purely awful

13. sf_beer_ed

sf_beer_ed Initiate (0) Aug 18, 2013 California

Prairie The Ale That Saved Christmas - got an infected bottle (it happens) and couldn't choke it down. Straight down the drain.

cestlavie and chugalug06 like this.
  14. atomic

atomic Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 Illinois

2012 Expedition stout

not because I didn't like it, but I savored it too long and had to leave before finishing it, left the glass in the fridge to enjoy at the end of the night and forgot about it. Whoops.

15. ivorycannon

ivorycannon Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2013 Indiana

Really?

16. REDSOXIPAGUY

REDSOXIPAGUY Initiate (135) Sep 16, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

This beer is disgusting.

17. flag8r

flag8r Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2009 Florida

You must be new here.

18. TheAbyss

TheAbyss Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2013 Washington

Noli, imperial ipa

19. ReyG006

ReyG006 Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2009 Texas

Fantome saison.

gcamparone likes this.
  20. xensure

xensure Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2011 Massachusetts

Sam Adams' Cherry Chocolate Bock - Just tastes like corn syrup to me. The winter pack came with two so I am guessing there will be a second drain pour soon. I'll give it a second chance in a month or two and see if time rounds out the flavors, but I do not have high hopes.

21. infuturity83

infuturity83 Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 Massachusetts

Huh?????? Baby Maker was great!

22. Jirin

Jirin Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2013 Massachusetts

Harpoon Winter Warmer

I never thought I'd taste a beer that compares negatively to Shipyard Pumpkinhead.

It's basically Shipyard Pumpkinhead with 20% more water.

gcamparone likes this.
  23. Feel_the_Darkness

Feel_the_Darkness Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2012 Virginia

You guys have craft bars that offer samples?

You have to remember, not everyone has the same options. Sometimes a bomber is all a person can pick up, and in some places, the only way they can get something is by trading/begging/crying/praying. So yes, if I spend a bunch of time finagling a bottle of beer that this site hypes the shit out of and I hate it when I taste it, I'm going to pour it out and bitch about it. Loudly and obnoxiously.

24. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2009 Oklahoma

It spent 8 months in barrels with wild yeast. I should have been more clear on the label.

jmdrpi, TapThat and mxchap like this.
  25. JayAre46

JayAre46 Disciple (326) Sep 27, 2010 Texas

Rahr and sons bbaww remember loving it in 2010 and 2013 got the drain

26. boilermakerbrew

boilermakerbrew Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2010 Indiana

I expected sweet. I did not expect my fillings to attempt to flee my mouth.

27. gcamparone

gcamparone Poo-Bah (1,997) Dec 6, 2011 Rhode Island
    Society

The Alchemist Celia, which I purchased when I went up there almost a year ago for a heady haul. Apparently they sold it off and haven't brewed it in a long time so I saved the bottle because it says "The Alchemist" on it.

28. Shluffy

Shluffy Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2013 Wisconsin

never drain poured a beer. Drained a glass of scotch one time cause it was rancid

mcrago likes this.
  29. BrownAleMale

BrownAleMale Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2011 Wisconsin

Had 2 this weekend which matches the previous 2 years. The lastest was Sam Smith Winter Welcome and New Belgium Lips of Faith Wild2. Both were spiced and didn't taste good with the beer. I'm really losing my faith in the LOF series. The Kriek was pretty terrible too.

30. jae

jae Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2010 Washington

Two Beer's 2013 Switchback. Infected.

31. amp138

amp138 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2011 Rhode Island

Night Shift Snow. Kept it around too long, didn't drink it while fresh. Tasted like total shit.

32. MenardMa

MenardMa Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Connecticut

Kentucky Bourbon Stout. Absolutely awful. There were 5 of us splitting it during a "bourbon barrel beer hour" at Christmas and we still couldnt finish a 12oz bottle.

33. ChicagoNick

ChicagoNick Disciple (349) Nov 16, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Allagash Midnight Brett. Maybe the brett beers just aren't my thing, but I've at least been able to finish the others I've had. I found this undrinkable.

34. kodt

kodt Defender (619) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

2009 Shoreline BA Discombobulation Ale - smelled pretty good, caramely sweet barleywine that was bourbon barrel aged. Tasted alright, some oxidation going on probably. This may have been pretty good a year or two ago.

It wasn't horrible but just not pleasant enough to keep drinking. A little 4oz pour was alright to sample but something was just a bit off that made it less enjoyable. Past its prime.

Tried to pawn this off on some bottle shares before, but no-one ever wanted to open it...

35. fujindemon74

fujindemon74 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2012 Pennsylvania

You hit the nail on the head there.
    Also, you could sit on a bottle for a year or more and it would still taste the way you describe it.
    Watery bourbon all day.
    It may be the worst BA Imperial Stout I've ever had and will never buy again.

36. Hambergler

Hambergler Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2013 Ohio

Bells Expedition stout, had a really strange smell to it and overall tasted like crap. Was really expecting more from it considering the price, oh well at least I only bought 1.

37. kodt

kodt Defender (619) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Agreed. I cracked one at DLD and it was a big disappointment. A number of us were really looking forward to it too. No-one was a big fan.

38. fujindemon74

fujindemon74 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2012 Pennsylvania

I'd so much rather have half a case of BCS instead of one bottle of Black Ops.

39. Kevin-Wieken

Kevin-Wieken Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2013 Minnesota

really... my review is up... just wasn't for me i guess.

40. TdLJg

TdLJg Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2011 Connecticut

A Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Bean. I know it has had some good reviews but I thought it was crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.