Latest Drain Pour?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1fJef, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mybeercanbeatupyourbeer

Mybeercanbeatupyourbeer Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2013 Ohio

I'm probably going to get beat for this. 3F - Zombie Dust. I just couldn't do it. It smelt amazing, and the first couple sips were amazing. I could tell this beer was king, but it just wasn't my style.

1424IpA and HRamz3 like this.
  2. chippo33

chippo33 Meyvn (1,231) Feb 29, 2012 Vermont
    Trader

You know this is a gluten free beer right? I've been selling beer for years in VT and even the gluten free beer drinkers hate celia. +1 Alchemist, -1 Ipswitch.

3. Spikester

Spikester Poo-Bah (2,791) Jul 14, 2007 Oregon
    Society

Useless and long lasting thread.

4. Mybeercanbeatupyourbeer

Useless and un-needed reply. If you don't like the thread why come inside and comment?

5. HRamz3

HRamz3 Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2010 Pitcairn
    Deactivated

Whoa! Thanks for the heads-up. I am DPing my 6pk of Zombie Dust right now. Man can't be too carefull.

andyhonig, jrnyc, mcrago and 2 others like this.
  6. plutoniumpete

plutoniumpete Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2008 New Jersey

Stone Crime (well, used it in the crockpot instead, waste of $18)
    4 Calling Birds - completely horrible and funky in a bad way

DerrickW and SeanBond like this.
  7. RangnaR

RangnaR Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2012 California

I liked where you were going with this, but I think you used the wrong tone.. Oh wait, nevermind...

thewrongtone likes this.
  8. GodlessWatermelon

GodlessWatermelon Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2012 Maryland

Had my first drain pour last night... Stone Punishment. I love spicy stuff but this was just awful.

DerrickW and Ilovelampandbeer like this.
  9. Mybeercanbeatupyourbeer

I wish I could warn people about 4 calling birds. There really should be a hotline so nobody has to make that mistake

Strohsbeforehoes likes this.
  10. firemanmike109

firemanmike109 Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2013 Texas

was it just the one bottle of 4 calling birds you tried? i had it around Christmas and it was pretty good. your bottle might have been bad.

11. mcrago

mcrago Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2012 Indiana

Clown Shoes Porcine Unidragon. I LOVE bourbon barrell aged stouts, but this thing was HORRIBLE!

SomethingClever and NYR_Rob like this.
  12. mcrago

Not to mention the amazing amounts of "infected" beers.

jmdrpi and HRamz3 like this.
  13. GeorgiaBeerGuy

GeorgiaBeerGuy Initiate (0) May 31, 2013 Georgia

same thing with our group of 10….

14. mcrago

The Beatles really do suck...

15. kudos

kudos Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2013 Florida

Big Storm Ryse and Shine

I left my beer on the table at a local craft bar. It wasn't even worth the calories to finish.

bstyle likes this.
  16. Mybeercanbeatupyourbeer

I don't understand why someone would come into this thread to bash others. It's not your money, and I don't think anyone is whining about a drain pour. People have different tastes, and may not even have purchased the bottle for themselves. Some beer can't be sampled anywhere locally and you just have to go with it. Finding out a beer you've been interested in trying, is someone else drain pour, helps others create a full picture.

Just because someone posts about a drain pout doesn't make it whining. Now if someone made a specific thread about a specific brewery/beer and specifically whined about it, then yea I would call it dumb. But the only thing I see here that's dumb is your comment and your entire outlook on someone elses experience.

sternamagrapha7x likes this.
  17. NYR_Rob

NYR_Rob Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2012 Pennsylvania

Goose Island Sixth Day. Didn't care for it, twice.

18. Mounty4Life

Mounty4Life Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2012 Pennsylvania

Cigar city Black ash lager was only a couple weeks ago that it got the drain. Drank 16 of 22 oz and the last 8 oz was forced because I paid over 13$ for bottle! Leave it ON n the shelf unless you like a terrible burnt marshmallow that was dipped in more ash

19. Columbus-sandman

Columbus-sandman Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2014 Ohio

I have one in the fridge now, thought it was really good, I put it up against Great Lakes Blackout Stout and the Great Lakes was just a bit better though.

20. Columbus-sandman

Columbus-sandman Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2014 Ohio

Wexford Irish style creme ale, disgusting, in my fridge now 6 months only because I can't bear to pour beer down the drain.

21. SanFranJake

SanFranJake Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2012 California
    Deactivated

This:
    [​IMG]

My most expensive one yet...
    Blah!

22. rgb03

rgb03 Initiate (123) Oct 16, 2013 Pennsylvania

Bud lite or miller lite. Had a party last night. Somebody thought it would be funny to put that junk in my glass. Didn't even have to taste it. Knew as soon as I picked up my glass.

stooge likes this.
  23. PorterLambic

PorterLambic Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2003 Florida

As much as I love CCB, and they are only an hour from my front door, they don't do lightweights (except saisons) well, IMO. Lagers, Wits, Helles, all a pass for me. They need to stick to the ales they do so well on. And maybe turn that time, money and effort into more Zhukov & Hunahpu.

24. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Ohio
    Deactivated

Well, you have been here for two months and posted that you drain poured a Zombie Dust...but ya, you are totally right. Let us all know when you waste a Pliny and Heady Topper...might wanna just stick to steak and not telling off everyone that disagrees with you on online forums.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with not liking IPAs and IIPAs...knowing so, taking a few sips and dumping the beer without giving yourself a chance to let it grow on you seems irresponsible.

markgugs and HRamz3 like this.
  25. thewrongtone

thewrongtone Initiate (121) Oct 15, 2006 Arkansas

Maybe the songs you heard were infected.

26. Danny1217

Danny1217 Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2011 Florida

Calm down. It's their money and time that's being wasted. I know it's frustrating, but there's nothing you can do.

I do totally understand your point though. I don't get how someone can acquire a beer that requires you to actively seek it out in order to obtain it (Heady, Zombie Dust, etc.) when it's not even a style they like. It makes no goddamn sense. Also, I find it amazing that so many people are drinking these beers and can not find someone else to help them finish a beer they don't care for. Maybe we underestimate the amount of money some people on here have, but last night I drank a really shitty IPA from Trader Joe's and still didn't drain pour. Anyway, I think you just need to laugh when you see ridiculous things in this thread. It's not directly affecting you.

Ericness likes this.
  27. GrizXTKEX519

GrizXTKEX519 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2010 Michigan

Trout River - Hoppin' Mad Trout

chippo33 likes this.
  28. Danny_le_grand

Danny_le_grand Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2013 California

Had to throw out the rest of my palate wrecker from green flash last night. Just wasn't as good as I remembered it last year, or maybe I've just tried much better beer since then and have higher standards

chippo33 likes this.
  29. monkeysort

monkeysort Initiate (0) May 18, 2009 Minnesota

Surly Pentagram. Among the three of us, no one wanted any more. Down the drain it went.

When Surly strikes, they strike gold. When they fail, they fail spectacularly. IMO.

30. Gaffattack

Gaffattack Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2013 Washington

You're a good man.

Thickfreakness likes this.
  31. Gaffattack

Gaffattack Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2013 Washington

Double Bastard Ale...

32. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Ohio
    Deactivated

Calmed down again...no one is pouring out my Zombie Dust from my fridge...wait, gotta go double check my fridge!

33. TheBrouMaster

TheBrouMaster Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2013 Mississippi

I picked up the Blue Moon Tongue Thai-Ed just the other day, opened it up poured it in a pint glass, took a sip and shook my head.... down the drain it went.

34. SeanBond

SeanBond Meyvn (1,133) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Yup, sadly Stone's Crime was my last one as well. I almost NEVER pour a beer down the drain, but that one was like drinking jalapeño juice with a hint of beer. I love spicy food, and I love Stone, but sadly, the consensus was right on that one.

DerrickW likes this.
  35. eandersen

eandersen Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2012 New York

Allagash Midnight Brett...generally I like brett beers but this one just came across as an insanely dry, roasty mess. Maybe some age could help it come together, but I won't be picking it up again to experiment.

ChicagoNick likes this.
  36. b_sid

b_sid Initiate (0) Jun 29, 2012 Illinois

There have been very few I've ended up dumping, but had to dump out Pipeworks Date Sugar Yeast Magik. Had absolutely no carbonation and just tasted like soured wort. Almost considered dumping this yrs White Chocolate from the Bruery as it was blatantly infected, but forced myself to drink it based on how much it cost.

37. Knee_Deep_Fan

Knee_Deep_Fan Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2013 California

OUCH! I'm enjoying the heck out of PW this year. I'm taking each glass very slow, letting it warm up a bit. Actually taking close to 45 minutes last night to drink a 12 oz glass, it was wonderful, even at room temp.

I had my first drain pour during Christmas. Costco had some local bombers and one looked interesting. Perception is not always reality. Hoppy Clause Holiday Ale by Hoppy Brewing Co. I never thought I could actually follow through with a drain pour until I tasted this liquified turd with spices and carbonation. Bad thing is I bought TWO of them, one still in the fridge, maybe for a guest who might like it, or maybe I can give to the homeless?

38. dsmil

dsmil Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2009 Maryland

A growler of an unidentified beer from Cortland Brewing Co. My wife's uncle picked up a growler and was excited for me to taste and rate it. I tasted it and my only guess was that it was a sour style. Unfortunately I checked BA and saw that Cortland Brewing Co. doesn't make any sours. It was then realized that he had the growler for a couple of months, not knowing the limited shelf life of a growler.

TheGator321 and lakeylake like this.
  39. BeerFMAndy

BeerFMAndy Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2009 Wisconsin

Zywiec Porter. Not absolutely awful for a Baltic but I find I'm pretty sensitive to the cold metallic taste/feel and this one was over the top.

40. Carlin

Carlin Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2013 Maryland

Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout. It's such a watery stout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.