Latest Drain Pour?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1fJef, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,354) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Must have been a bad bottle. Last Wednesday I ordered it on a whim (Don't like pils) with dinner and was pleasantly surprised, so much so that I got a second bottle.

2. kerry4porters

kerry4porters Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2012 Arizona

Not an actual beer but bought some bourbon cask aged cider for the lady and we decided to crack it open she took an itty bitty sip made a sour face and passed it to me I drank a sip and rush of over fermented fruit punched my mouth funny thing was thefinish was actually pretty ok overall reminded me of the time we mixed sake with peach iced tea but less drinkable sodown it went

3. kerry4porters

Only time I drain something is when I cant physically bring myself to drink it. If the option is pour it out or chuggit and ralph9/10 ill pour its not very often Im faced with that dilemma though

4. kerry4porters

I wanna try that porter your making! Sounds pretty close to my M.O.A.B. Beer idea

5. HRamz3

HRamz3 Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2010 Pitcairn
    Deactivated

Now that's a DPing...

kerry4porters likes this.
  6. shredder83

shredder83 Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2013 Illinois

I dumped a weyerbacher heresy yesterday, I had high hopes for it but I hated it and I have rarely poured anything out.

7. JDice20

JDice20 Initiate (0) Aug 14, 2013 Louisiana

Ive tried to drink the "world class" Dopplebock, EKU 28 on two separate occasions.
    Admittedly, i am not a fan of DB's, but it pains me to say i couldnt stomach 12 oz of that beer.

#1127 JDice20, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  8. NickRivers

NickRivers Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2010 California

I quite enjoyed the tarty old malt with that hoppy tone on the end? Bottle from SF days after release for reference

9. lewisti

lewisti Initiate (165) Nov 7, 2001 Connecticut

Two Roads Road to Ruin DIPA, the label says "Plenty of Bite" and they're right, very harsh compared to most of the other recent top DIPA's out there, i've tried it cold, a little warmer, it reminds me of one of my homebrews getting infected.

chippo33 likes this.
  10. alucard6679

alucard6679 Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2012 Arizona

Piraat.....tasted like some sort of awful vodka mixed drink, tried to get into it but couldnt

11. cestlavie

cestlavie Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2011 New York

You know what? I think we were all just expecting something different from the beer. It happens. Honestly, I have loved every PRAIRIE I've had thus far, from Pirate and Bomb!, to Gold, Standard, Hop, Ale, etc... This one just wasn't for me (or my 2 buddies).

12. DVMin98

DVMin98 Poo-Bah (3,617) Nov 1, 2010 North Carolina
    Moderator Society Trader

I DP'd the last 1/3 of the Cigar City Ghost Stories Braggot. I enjoyed the first half and then the flavor just didn't do it for me anymore.

13. Gorillahead

Gorillahead Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 Missouri

Had my first drain pour in a long time over the weekend. Magic Hat G-Thing. Supposed to be ale brewed with ginger. Expected it to taste like a gingerbread cookie. It ended up tasting more like Hall's cough medicine. Couldn't choke down the whole 12 ounces, so to the drain it went.

It came in a winter variety pack. The rest of the beers were quite good, but G-Thing is to be avoided.

14. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2011 Maryland

Hair of the Dog Fred batch 88.

15. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2011 Maryland

Bonus points for being involved in a DP.

HRamz3, markgugs and SouthAtholSuds like this.
  16. DVMin98

DVMin98 Poo-Bah (3,617) Nov 1, 2010 North Carolina
    Moderator Society Trader

We all went to college. We all experimented

alucard6679 and fehrminator like this.
  17. ACB

ACB Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2013 California

That is the worst beer I've ever had. Period. Disgusting. I cannot spread the word enough of how truly awful that abomination is.

18. AugustusRex

AugustusRex Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2013 Canada (ON)

Does it count as a drain pour if you just taste beer by swishing it around a bit and spitting it out?

19. hellhammermario

hellhammermario Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2012 North Carolina

My boss ordered a keg of Ballast Point's Indra Kunindra. I'm gonna pour all of it down the drain. :grinning:

alucard6679 likes this.
  20. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (2,055) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

New Planet Beer Company, Brown Ale

21. kennyo

kennyo Devotee (455) Jan 30, 2003 New York
    Trader

Saml Adams Winter Lager

22. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (3,111) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Society Trader

Thought it was really good initially, then things went south quickly -the bottom third got poured

LarryAppleton likes this.
  23. ricecracker420

ricecracker420 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2013 California

Infected Bruery Cacaonut was my last drain pour

bcerv-ca likes this.
  24. TWStandley

TWStandley Crusader (762) Jan 15, 2008 Massachusetts

I'll probably be tarred and feathered for this but I DP'd about half of a 2012 KBS that I opened the other night. I am not sure if it was bad or if I just prefer other BA Stouts to it (though I did have one a few years back and loved it at that time). It tasted exceptionally hoppy for some reason and not in a good way. All of the sweetness had faded. Weird.

chippo33 likes this.
  25. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (8,186) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I need to get a Blichman BeerGun so I can bottle it from the keg, then I'd be happy to send you some if you'd like to try it. I owe utopiajane a bottle also.

utopiajane likes this.
  26. kerry4porters

That would be so amazing! How much do those run?

27. DerrickW

DerrickW Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2013 Georgia

Crime and Punishment. The real crime is the $18/bottle for these two pathetic beers. Isn't the chile supposed to accentuate the beer and not vice versa? What an absolute waste.

alucard6679 likes this.
  28. DerrickW

Tell me you didn't curse your asshole by drinking the entire bottle by yourself.

SouthAtholSuds likes this.
  29. Das_Reh

Das_Reh Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2013 Florida

Olde English 800. Bought as more of a joke really, as ratebeer.com voted it worst beer in America, so I had to see for myself. My particular bottle had 3 days left on the best before date and was the most light-stricken mess I've ever tasted.

30. 3sheets2wind

3sheets2wind Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2013 Texas

I barely finished that one. Did not taste pecan or pecan pie filling at all.

I did pour out Souther Tier 2XMas. It tasted like Stone VE 12.12.12 aged on matchsticks and black licorice whips.

31. surfcaster

surfcaster Zealot (564) Apr 20, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

Saved a vertical of several 12oz Anchor Christmas 2010-2013 to share over the holidays. Opened one from each year to share with a fellow BA in small pours--mostly down the drain. Malty, sugary, and artificial tasting messes. It has really fallen from grace for me.

Instead of drain poring the remaining 12 oz bottles--made a bunch of roofers happy.

32. DerrickW

Interesting how varying our palates can be. I've had this one twice and absolutely loved it.

33. SouthAtholSuds

SouthAtholSuds Initiate (137) Nov 3, 2008 Massachusetts

My toilet is still scared of me.

JasonR1975 likes this.
  34. jopezu

jopezu Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2007 Georgia

north coast brewing's "grand cru". i paid $21 USD for it, tried to muscle half a pour down, then dumped it and the other half of the bottle (500ml). i was completely enamored with great divide's "grand cru" and was hoping north coast would follow suit. no such luck. =(

35. BeerWizard

BeerWizard Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2012 Colorado

Got nostalgic and picked up some Guinness Extra Stout (Canada). Not sure if it was just old or it really did suck that much, but I couldn't finish it.

36. osant37

osant37 Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2014 New York

agreed!..i thought it tasted like crap too. when i had it i took about 4 sips of it and poured it out immediatly. this beer is a big fail for samuel adams.

37. StraightNoChaser

StraightNoChaser Poo-Bah (2,313) Oct 21, 2007 Georgia
    Society Trader

I second this motion! The horror of all these great beers that could have gone to loving homes. Locked yea, but this needs to be kept for posterity. I mean, some of the shit here, like the guy who had to drainpour 90 minute on account of his "refined palate" is pure gold, but yea I think after the KBS entry don't see how much farther this turd can go.

HRamz3, mcrago and SouthAtholSuds like this.
  38. Shagator

Shagator Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2012 Kentucky

first from[​IMG] the brewery

39. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Ohio
    Deactivated

40. spaceman24

spaceman24 Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2008 Texas

Westy 12, BC Proprietors, HopSlam, Breakfast Stout and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. They all just tasted like shit to me. Had to wash the aftertaste down with a King Cobra.

bret717, HRamz3, alucard6679 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.