1. Introducing the Respect BeerĀ® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to add-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Latest Drain Pour?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1fJef, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elchicodelgado

elchicodelgado Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Texas

You are correct but use of the word infected is the common vernacular so you're fighting a losing battle. Just accept it.

2. BlackBelt5112203

BlackBelt5112203 Defender (689) Jan 2, 2012 Michigan

It makes me sad that there are 31 pages of this thread. What happened to just sucking it up and finishing your beer?

3. ricecracker420

ricecracker420 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2013 California

Drain poured the Bruery infection trifecta tonight: Ebony and Oak, BBA Autumn Maple, and Cacaonut

4. DVMin98

DVMin98 Site Editor (2,803) Nov 1, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

where is your shop?

5. JakerLou

JakerLou Meyvn (1,054) Jan 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Society

Agreed. I've only drain poured two beers. One that had gone bad and this one.

cestlavie likes this.
  6. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2012 Florida

Send me your shipping address. I've got a few infected bottles here with your name on it. Oh, and make sure to film yourself drinking all 25.4 ounces and put it on YouTube.

beerslushy and kerry4porters like this.
  7. Alex5

Alex5 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2012 South Carolina

I call it being cheap and ignorant.

8. Alex5

I thought Wale was one of a kind.

9. Alex5

LMAO Yeah, I know...Tell him that.

10. arniepnminne

arniepnminne Aspirant (212) Jun 2, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

Flat 12 Walk About Pale Ale. Butterscotch bomb! Yuk

11. MrWendal

MrWendal Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2013 Louisiana

What happened? Let us see.
    -No longer in college with a need to "man up" and drink something awful.
    -Infected or very old beer
    -Blue moon thai whatever beer, Bud light lime, etc
    -I grew up

VDODSON and beerslushy like this.
  12. proseberry

proseberry Initiate (0) May 2, 2008 Illinois

For me, Hop Ranch is THIS close to DP-ing.

13. HRamz3

HRamz3 Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2010 Pitcairn

It is with deep sadness I must report, after this past weekend, the wife has stated that their will no more DPing. Anyone?

beerslushy and BlackBelt5112203 like this.
  14. BlackBelt5112203

BlackBelt5112203 Defender (689) Jan 2, 2012 Michigan

I agree, but didn't you buy the beer? It's not college where you're at a party and "Natty Light is all they had so I just drank it even though it tastes like piss." It's your own fault if you bought something awful. Suck it up and drink your own mistake. Plus, pouring the beer that most of us buy down the drain is a gigantic waste of money - for which I would argue that "growing up" would cause one to be more apt to drink what they bought. That's my opinion anyway. I understand that other people may think differently.

Petey_the_Quiet likes this.
  15. BorisKarloff

BorisKarloff Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2013 Ohio

Why do you care how I use the goods I've purchased, and why would "growing up" mean finishing drinking something that tastes terrible?

If I buy a beer with obvious off flavors (like the Band-Aid Fantome Printemps I poured out a few weeks ago) that tastes terrible I'm going to pour it out - it seems to me that it's a waste of calories and sobriety to continue drinking something awful just because I purchased it.

beerslushy, ASak10, dcbullet and 2 others like this.
  16. Cboat

Cboat Initiate (83) Jun 6, 2012 California

A week ago I picked up a 4 pack of Victory's Dirt Wolf. Mind you I picked it up in SF, which should've been my first warning.
    Before I get to Dirt Wolf, I'll say this: Victory has always underwhelmed me. They rank up under the "meh sure I'd order it if nothing else is on tap" but I'm not busting down bar stools to get some.
    That led me to DW, of which many BA's here and other places have compared to Pliny, and HT thus generating my initial intrigue.
    Unfortunately, the batch was bad and the beer undrinkable. Plus I paid $14 for it...
    I do believe however, that the beer isn't truly awful (people wouldn't be as crazy about it otherwise), so here's to hopping the next time I see it I stumble upon a fresher, better batch!

cestlavie and Petey_the_Quiet like this.
  17. sjstraub

sjstraub Aspirant (289) Nov 13, 2006 Wisconsin
    Trader

A friend brought over the mixed SA winter sampler. The chocolate cherry bock was was a drain pour for me. Fake, fake tasting cherry.

And to everyone who says drink up/drink you mistake/etc, you've never thrown out food when it was bad? Go ahead and eat that moldy piece of fruit you forgot about. And even if you are making exceptions for infected beer, I don't believe you have eaten every food product you ever purchased that you didn't like.

18. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2012 Florida

Wait a minute. It just dawned on me that those people may have actually been serious? I was under the impression they were trying to be funny.

This explains a lot of what's wrong with the world today. :grimacing:

Kbyfield and BorisKarloff like this.
  19. NW_IPAHEAD

NW_IPAHEAD Initiate (184) Nov 20, 2013 Oregon
    Trader

Stone Ruinten- found some around Christmas time sitting on a store shelf and took a chance knowing it was old. After a couple drinks I had to dump it, was sour beyond recognition.

20. Golden32

Golden32 Aspirant (234) Jan 2, 2014 Alabama

Stone Levitation.. Hops overkill for me. Too bitter.

21. Johnny_Muir

Johnny_Muir Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2014 New Jersey

Sierra Nevada Rye IPA. Love rye whiskey, but apparently, not rye beer.

22. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Initiate (185) Feb 26, 2012 Pennsylvania

It turned sour lol?

23. hellhammermario

hellhammermario Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2012 North Carolina

Fermental in Wilmington. 7250 Market St

24. ilikebeer

ilikebeer Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2003 Pennsylvania

What's the last $30 bottle of wine you drain-poured? Brewers should be ashamed of themselves for packaging infected (I know that's wrong but it's in the vernacular) beer. I'm gonna go open a nice bottle of 2009 Chateau Montelena Cabernet.

25. abkayak

abkayak Disciple (329) Jan 8, 2013 New York

I just poured a sawtooth on nitro ....0 carbonation or would I say nitration??? I thought this think would head up and be pretty and stuff is this wrong?? To expect a bubble or 2??

utopiajane likes this.
  26. Petey_the_Quiet

Petey_the_Quiet Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2014 Florida

Drain Pour? WTF? ... There are no strong beers, only weak men. Chug that shiz people!

BlackBelt5112203 and HRamz3 like this.
  27. Petey_the_Quiet

Petey_the_Quiet Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2014 Florida

I hope you find a better batch, because I just bought a single in a build-your-own 6pack and I'm buying a 4pack as soon as I see it! DirtWolf was insanely delicious. I truly hope and pray that you find a good one, because if you drain poured a good one, may god have mercy on your soul.

cestlavie and HRamz3 like this.
  28. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (6,337) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society

No problem at all, it's the cost of home brewing and Blichmann stuff is over-engineered and will probably outlast me so it's a small investment to save from all the pains of bottling...no more priming sugar, no more waiting (3) weeks or more to carbonate, no more having to bottle every last drop, sanitizing a stupid amount of bottles... etc. = worth the investment!

kerry4porters likes this.
  29. Picodegallo87

Picodegallo87 Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2012 Illinois

Probably because you drank a 5.8% ABV beer that is a seasonal release that was brewed 7-10 months old (it has a 3-5 month shelf life tops.

cestlavie likes this.
  30. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

New Glarus Spiced Ale - absolutely awful

31. jroberts8811

jroberts8811 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2013 Missouri

No, it's pretty bad even when fresh...

32. ASak10

ASak10 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2014 Colorado

Have you poured their nitro beers before? I ask because there's a pretty specific way to pour them...but basically turn it upside down over the glass and pour as hard as possible. I think there's a video online or on their website...but give it a look before you pour the next one. They really do work and are awesome! Milk Stout Nitro is one of my favorites.

33. wsd627

wsd627 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2013 Vermont

Butternuts Moo Thunder Stout. Drank about 3/4's of one and gave the other 5 to my roommate. Had this burnt milk flavor with a taste of aluminum that was just horrid. Never again.

34. Flight317

Flight317 Disciple (327) Aug 10, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

Stone - Crime. I also have punishment same series and it will not be half wasted and will go in chili. Shit is not right.

kerry4porters likes this.
  35. Tdizzle

Tdizzle Zealot (518) Dec 19, 2006 California

Cascade -- Apricot Ale. So excited to try it; very disappointed. I was expecting a clean, fruit-forward sour. The "funk" element was too prominent. Not enough fruit character. Way overrated, IMHO.

36. flayedandskinned

flayedandskinned Initiate (0) Jan 1, 2011 California

Mischief Gone Wild from the Bruery.

A cheesy, wet cardboard oxidation bomb with little to no brett character.

So disappointing.

37. robconoclast

robconoclast Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2012 Ohio

Southern Tier Warlock. Too much nutmeg for my liking.

38. utopiajane

utopiajane Poo-Bah (2,532) Jun 11, 2013 New York

I poured the same one. It's the lactose sweetness that was giving me a bad feeling in my stomach when I drank it. I think the other name for milk stout is sweet stout and boy is it! You are not alone =)

39. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Aspirant (230) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Pirate bomb... couldn't even finish mine =|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.