Latest Drain Pour?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1fJef, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abkayak

abkayak Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2013 New York

-
    there’s instructions on the 6pak and the bottle as well...sure i ignored them..poured it more on the gentle side so should of been more carbonated i think??..i drink both the stouts plenty and figured to try another of their brews...i think maybe my beer was broken or like capped well??

2. ASak10

ASak10 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2014 Colorado

No, I think if you poor on the gentle side, it doesn't get whatever reaction going to release the nitro and so you get a flat beer. Also possible it was a bad bottle, but I'd give it another try and just turn the bottle completely upside down over the glass.

abkayak likes this.
  3. abkayak

abkayak Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2013 New York

ok than...i got 5 more...so we will see tonight thanks

4. Cboat

Cboat Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2012 California

Yeah, it just wasn't a good batch... It's a little tough to describe the flavor, but there was nothing hoppy, citrusy, or floral about it. No clue what it's supposed to taste like, but this batch just tasted like an old IPA that had sat around for too long which was quite sad... I'll keep my eyes out for another one and try a single bottle before I dip $14 in again.

5. Providence

Providence Crusader (726) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Trader

Hey man, I tried to send you a beermail regarding the Super Bowl MVP BIF, but your mailbox is full. Could you delete a few and then hit me up when there is space?
    Thanks buddy!

6. mrkdwrds

mrkdwrds Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2010 California

Seriously? If you have more and want to trade it away PM me, I love that beer!

kerry4porters likes this.
  7. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Initiate (195) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

seriously.

could have been because we had it last after: hunahpu, cali hunahpu, mexican cake, rwmc, jdmc, abmc, ab grande negro, k13, abraxas, coffee abraxas, ba abraxas, and bomb... but in terms of rum beer... that was completely ruined.

8. lordofstarside

lordofstarside Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2012 Nevada

Full Sail's Top Sail 2012 BA Porter. My god

9. Bluesman2383

Bluesman2383 Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2013 Illinois

Sam Adams Rebel IPA - I thought it tasted like hop-flavored athlete's foot

SomethingClever likes this.
  10. vande

vande Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2007 Illinois

Bottle 476, batch 228 Jackie o's dark apparation.... Came across like it was infected, which was unfortunate as I was looming forward to an enjoyable bottle... What's yours?

11. nesarebad

nesarebad Devotee (492) Feb 4, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

12. gkoz

gkoz Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2013 Arizona

just went 0/2 today haha white chocolate moo hoo and then stone smoked vanilla porter. i think the moo hoo was infected, it was so carbonated and just bad.

13. doppletheGOAT

doppletheGOAT Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2012 Texas

It took place about 6 months ago but yeah, Samuel Adams Summer Ale... what a terrible beer.

14. atun53

atun53 Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2013 California

My Bitter Valentine, malty over carb'd mess.

15. DashFaster

DashFaster Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2014 California

bcbs proprietors totally not worth the hype, oily and boring...

16. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Poo-Bah (2,707) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Society Trader

I'm sad to say it, but the Broncos Offense is today's drain pour.:slight_frown:

17. 2beerdogs

Society Trader

Wow, and I really want to try this one...oily huh?

18. 2beerdogs

Society Trader

DUDE!!! Love the avatar (albeit, it's a tad baffling...)

19. Shamb

Shamb Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2014 California

Only beer i've ever tossed was a Rogue Maple Bacon voodoo donut.. it tasted like inhaling a campfire.. horrible.. just horrible..

ashleylake and 2beerdogs like this.
  20. Uniobrew31

Uniobrew31 Zealot (520) Jan 16, 2012 Pennsylvania

Bells Amber Ale, no fault of the brewery. Damn beer joint sold me a 13 month old six pack! Damn strait I got my money back!

21. 2beerdogs

Society Trader

The original wasn't much better...and I'm being...how does one say, "diplomatic?"

Shamb likes this.
  22. robconoclast

robconoclast Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2012 Ohio

Jobu helps Rob hit the curveball

markdrinksbeer likes this.
  23. markdrinksbeer

markdrinksbeer Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Massachusetts

I think perhaps you are referring to the LH Milk Stout Nitro, whereas he had the LH Sawtooth Ale Nitro (an ESB).

utopiajane likes this.
  24. ncstateplaya

ncstateplaya Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2008 North Carolina

Opa-Opa Red Rock Amber Ale

It was actually my wife's drain pour...neither one of us could finish that beer.

25. markdrinksbeer

markdrinksbeer Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Massachusetts

Curious about that one (seeing as opa-opa is local to me and your location is NC). How did you come across this beer? Were you up in Mass, or was it sent to you? Have it on tap, or in a growler? I have only had it on tap at the brewpub/restaurant and always enjoyed it quite a bit.

26. Monstro

Monstro Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2009 New Jersey

Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12, i just don't get the hype around these Vertical Epic beers.

27. TheGator321

TheGator321 Initiate (0) May 29, 2013 Connecticut

i took a chance at Yankee spirits in Mass. oh boy.

jack's abby BA framinghammer was good. along with hoponius.

kiwi raising was old. I knew it was but I took a chance because I wanted to try it and got burned. drain pour after a couple of sips. I have other, better, fresher beer in the fridge. I don't need to drink old beer.

Brewmaster Jack's single hop series motueka. again I knew this was a little old but I took a chance and got burned. I'm not upset. I rolled the dice. but man does that beer have potential.

I know my local shop very well. I know what's old or bad and I know what's fresh and good.
    when I go to halftime in NY or table and vine, julio's or yankee in MASS i have no idea whats up to snuff. other than bottle dates. which many don't have.

I don't drain pour good beer that I just don't like. I find that wasteful. but, if it's infected or over the hill it goes down the drain. to me it's the same as getting a rotten tomato. i don't use it. i throw it away and get a better one.

28. TooGood

TooGood Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2014 Minnesota

Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, was like drinking the juice of a white onion. I hate onions!

29. SomethingClever

SomethingClever Poo-Bah (3,427) Feb 22, 2013 Ohio
    Society

This has to be one of my favorite threads on here. I like the debate it creates about whether anything should be drain poured at all and seeing what people drain pour. I'm a drain pourer myself. I understand a lot of people do not have money and it feels like a waste to them. However, maybe you shouldn't be drinking expensive beer if you are so worried about cost. I have been fortunate enough in my life to be able to not drink beers I do not like. I believe life is not a dress rehersal and if I die I don't want to look back and say man I crushed every shitty beer I ran across oh whats that I had a heart attack before I drank the King Henry in my cellar but I finished the Rogue Maple Bacon?! Well fuck. So to each their own its definitely a spirited debate.

I just poured Sam Adam's Rebel IPA and Clown Shoe's Tramp Stamp Saturday not because they were god awful but because they were average as shit and I had a a lot better beer in my fridge I could be drinking.

30. Iriepirate21

Iriepirate21 Initiate (0) May 2, 2012 California

Lagunitas Daytime. Terrible batch that tasted like crap.

31. trubeernick

trubeernick Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2010 California

Yeah I tried both. It is so narly. I cannot imagine who can drink these and enjoy them..

32. DNA_craft

DNA_craft Initiate (0) May 10, 2013 California

Just drain poured Prairie Merica this weekend. Very sad because I love this beer, but something was terribly wrong with this bottle for some reason. Not sure how/why, but the normal funkiness with this that I love morphed into skunkiness. pretty upsetting. I will still willingly buy anything from Prairie I can, including Merica.

33. jucifer1818

jucifer1818 Initiate (0) May 15, 2011 Florida

Skullsplitter. That stuff started off okish, but instead of getting better, it got worse. One of the most over-rated beers their is. It earned its place in drainsville.

34. DashFaster

DashFaster Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2014 California

I am guessing from the coconut, I was very much let down. French pressing BCBS with coconut was much better.

35. 19etz55

19etz55 Disciple (305) Aug 12, 2007 New Jersey
    Trader

Weyerbacher Verboten. Not my style of beer. ):

36. markgugs

markgugs Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2006 New Jersey

I've drank somewhere in the vicinity of 3,000+ craft beers in the last 10 years alone (give or take) and I've never - I mean, never - had an infected bottle of beer.

It's amazing the frequency that some of you come across "infected" beers lol

37. SomethingClever

SomethingClever Poo-Bah (3,427) Feb 22, 2013 Ohio
    Society

if I never had the beer I don't know how I would even tell if it was infected. I might not like it but I doubt I would call any beer infected.

HRamz3 likes this.
  38. RBassSFHOPit2ME

RBassSFHOPit2ME Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2009 California
    Deactivated

Melange No 1

Last night.

39. kts

kts Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2013 Maryland

DuClaw Naked Fish.

It smelled and tasted of fake chemical raspberry flavor and felt so thin, almost like it was watered down. A real shame since it sounded like a good idea (chocolate raspberry coffee stout) but the execution of it was just so poorly done.

40. elchicodelgado

elchicodelgado Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Texas

I've had two, Peruvian Morning and White Chocolate. Those are really well documented but I've not once ever been the first to figure out a beer was infected nor do I expect I ever will unless it's my homebrew. People love the "I" word around here when describing beer they didn't like.

markgugs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.