Latest Drain Pour?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1fJef, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cliftoncr

cliftoncr Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2013 North Carolina

Never understood how anyone can pour anything that they paid money for down the drain.

2. tbaker397

tbaker397 Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2013 West Virginia

Simply put, why waste the discomfort, for lack of a better word, and also the calories if your watching what you eat, if something just isnt good. Not even an infection, just is bad or you don't like? Same idea if u make something to eat and it turns out bad, your burnt it or whatever the case, why would you eat it even though you paid money to buy the things you used to make it?

Drew26 likes this.
  3. tobelerone

tobelerone Poo-Bah (2,864) Dec 1, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I rarely drain pour. But this falls into the category of "sunk cost." You already spent the money and aren't getting it back whether you drink the beer or not, so why consume something you don't enjoy?

somenerd and Drew26 like this.
  4. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Fuller's Vintage Ale 2012. Oxidized and just not what the brewer had in mind I'm sure. =(

5. Acropora

Acropora Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 California

[​IMG]

Amazing on the left, utter shit on the right. Was definitely tough to drink but we didn't pour it until the end.

East coast hype to the max

6. RichardMNixon

RichardMNixon Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2012 Pennsylvania

2011 JW Lee's Harvest Ale. Were older vintages better than the more recent stuff? I can't image this getting the reputation it has.

7. BT_Bobandy

BT_Bobandy Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2011 Ohio

Black Diamond Grand Cru (Bourbon Barrel Aged)

The bourbon just didn't work with what was otherwise a decent base beer.

8. zagduck

zagduck Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2010 Washington

I've been especially unlucky this week. Opened up an Alpha Dog Double IPA from Laughing Dog that promptly shot foam everywhere. It must have been a bad batch because it looked, smelled, and tasted nothing like it should have. That one was a shame. It's a great beer, but something went wrong with that batch. I also had to pour out a Rayon Vert from Green Flash, but it was pretty old.

9. RyFikes

RyFikes Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2013 New York

Southern Tier Creme Brulee. Absolutely disgusting. I cannot believe that such a good brewery puts their name on such a terrible beer.

10. BJSmit

BJSmit Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2014 Netherlands

A bottle of Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel. Not sure if there was someting wrong with the bottle, but after one sip I had enough.

11. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2013 Florida

I'm halfway to the sink with my second drain pour... This Belle's Cherry Stout absolutely sucks.

12. DerrickW

DerrickW Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2013 Georgia

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout--forgot that I was drinking it because it was a pretty poor example of the style. After about 2 hours, drained poured the remaining few ounces.

13. A55HAT

A55HAT Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2013 New York

I've only dp'd 3 beers to date:
    He'Brew Funky Jewbelation, tasted like a night of drinking different styles of beers...regurgitated.
    Yeastie Boys' Rex Attitude, a smoked beer that tasted more like Chloroseptic, also had the same mouth numbing effects.
    Founders Sweet Repute, ...It was just horrible.

tkdchampxi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.