Latest Drain Pour?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1fJef, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blivingston1985

blivingston1985 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2010 North Carolina

Tiny from Weyerbacher is legit.

djsmith1174 and VictorWisc like this.
  2. woodchip

woodchip Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2011 North Carolina

I had a similar experience this past weekend...I had a 10oz pour and the first couple of sips were good. Then it went downhill from there. I choked down another 5oz and gave the rest away. If someone didn't take it from me I would have definitely drain poured it.

3. Hoptopher

Hoptopher Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2013 Tennessee

Henry weinhards IPA. I do apologize to the parking lot at work, there was no drain around.

ccorey likes this.
  4. mightyatom

mightyatom Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2009 Rhode Island

st. somewhere athene. Didn't finish a bottle between 5 of us...

5. smbslt

smbslt Savant (914) Dec 26, 2010 Illinois
    Society

Stiegl Radler -Lemon. I should have known better but it was kinda the only way I could extricate myself from a chance meeting with a neighbor in the beer aisle.

6. koopa

koopa Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2008 New Jersey

Captain Lawrence Imperial Smoke from the Oak (wine barrel aged) that tasted like pure band aid.

chippo33 likes this.
  7. JZ468

JZ468 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2012 New Mexico

Bought some Great Divide Hoss. Didn't see the date. 3 yrs. 5 mos. old. Took the rest back and returned it.....

8. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2011 Kentucky

9. 3sheets2wind

3sheets2wind Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2013 Texas

The Blvd. Coffee is an abortion, as is their Grainstorm. I like Blvd and will not give up on them but I think sometimes they need to let it go if it is not up to snuff. Those should not have been released

10. RobertMarquez

RobertMarquez Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2013 Illinois

What a waste, next time don't buy the closeout... haha

11. hopley

hopley Meyvn (1,396) Feb 24, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

Sam Adams Porch Rocker - I've probably already entered it in this forum, but figured it needed to be said again. It was my first and last shandy - what a horrible combination!

12. charlzm

charlzm Poo-Bah (2,180) Sep 3, 2007 California
    Society

I love that stuff. What a shame...

StraightNoChaser likes this.
  13. ziggyzoggy

ziggyzoggy Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2013 Ohio

Thanks for the link to the review. I guess I was doing it wrong......

VictorWisc likes this.
  14. BruChef

BruChef Initiate (167) Nov 8, 2009 New York

Stone w00t stout.

chippo33 likes this.
  15. RobertMarquez

RobertMarquez Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2013 Illinois

What was wrong with it? It was just released no more than 3 weeks ago? Please explain....

Heidelberg7 likes this.
  16. virinow

virinow Devotee (430) Jun 14, 2009 New York

Triple Exultation - Eel River Brewing Co.

17. TheBerryMan

TheBerryMan Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2013 Arizona

I drainpoured Bell's Two Hearted, didn't really see the hype around that. This was last night too.

Ozzylizard and ccorey like this.
  18. tofuspeedstar

tofuspeedstar Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 Texas

bro, are you srs, 2hearted is the most legit year round beer that Bell's releases, imo.

19. TheBerryMan

Yes "bro", I am serious, I didn't enjoy it. Is it like a staple beer on this forum or something?

Ozzylizard and ccorey like this.
  20. ziggyzoggy

ziggyzoggy Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2013 Ohio

Is it possible that you got a batch that was old or light-struck?

21. Badger72

Badger72 Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2013 Louisiana

chippo33, MickJ0nes and ccorey like this.
  22. Badger72

Badger72 Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2013 Louisiana

Thank you! People love that beer down here in Louisiana and I find it just terrible. It's hard to describe what it tastes like, but it doesn't taste like any IPA I've ever had.

23. AAlchemist

AAlchemist Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2012 Arizona

One of the first Drain Pours i had last year was the Rogue Voodo Donut.

Earlier last month i Drain Pour Boulevard Terra Incognita (to be fair this one didn't taste so bad it was just sooooo over carbonated that i couldn't taste anything plesant from it. I let it sit for about an hour and still had the problem so i gave up...should have saved it for a carbonated palete cleanser)

Just last week i drain poured All 3 Variants of Gentlemens Club (CCB/Widmier collaboration) That was really painful too because they were $20 bottles that tasted like bandaids....$60 was hard to pour down the drain.

24. beerluvr

beerluvr Meyvn (1,221) Jan 2, 2001 Canada (ON)

Crest Super Lager from the UK, makes a great 10% ABV drain unclogger. One sip and it was "Oh HELL no!"

25. Drew26

Drew26 Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2012 Wisconsin

Brown Shugga

chippo33 likes this.
  26. BruChef

BruChef Initiate (167) Nov 8, 2009 New York

The bottle I had tasted a little medicinal, a little heavy on the fusel alcohol, and had an unpleasant, lingering roasty and hoppy aftertaste combo that was akin to what I think burnt hair steeped in beer would taste like. Pecans were pretty much non existent for me and i didnt enjoy the combination of wheat and rye in this Particular beer. I described it to friends as it was if Greg Koch performed oral on a dirty prostitute and then lit his then dirty, soiled beard on fire and put it out in this beer and let it steep for a while. Coulda just been a bad bottle. I was really looking forward to it and really wanted to like it but had to dp it. Believe me, I don't dp that often either.

franklinn and JDizzle like this.
  27. AAlchemist

AAlchemist Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2012 Arizona

Ive noticed that alot of the Two Hearted in AZ is well past its prime. Not sure where you picked it up but i would reccomend giving it another shot. Its shouldn't fall under drainpour generally. Even if you didn't enjoy two hearted as a solid beer i doubt most would drainpour as it doesn't have anything distinctive enough to hate.

28. jivex5k

jivex5k Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2011 Florida

Yup, I've had an old two hearted before I was really into beer and wrote it off as a bad beer. Man, was I wrong! It's great when fresh, after 3 months though it loses so much of what makes it good.

29. DagenhamDavis

DagenhamDavis Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2013 New York

It's been a while, but my only drain pour was Molson XXX. The nastiness wasn't worth the 24 Oz of 7% abv.

30. Lansman

Lansman Aspirant (248) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

Pinot Noir Didactic from Justice Brewing out of Everett, WA. 78 bottles made, avoid with extreme prejudice.

31. TheBerryMan

I'll give it another go, It might have been a bad bottle.

32. claudiusrocha

claudiusrocha Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2013 Massachusetts

Hoptimum by Sierra Nevada. The whole bottle.

chippo33 likes this.
  33. jokemon

jokemon Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2007 Illinois

terra incognita - not so good tasting

34. kodt

kodt Defender (631) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Southern Tier Pumking... that shit is gross.

Ozzylizard likes this.
  35. ablackshear

ablackshear Initiate (123) Sep 17, 2010 Minnesota

dumped a whole bomber of New Belgium/Lost Abbey Brett Beer tonight, it was terrible

36. RobM77

RobM77 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2013 Illinois

I just drain poured 45 minutes ago, and it was a shocker to me. Must've been something wrong with the beer, because I usually LOVE Anti-Hero from Revolution. I was excited when I bought it because it just got wheeled into the Binny's store, and the canned date was 7/30/2013 and I was picking it up on 8/3/2013. Ahhhh.... fresh fresh fresh very good IPA.

It tasted extremely grassy and hard to explain but "raw and unfinished" is what came to mind. Had to have been not right, this is always a great beer. Bummer. I hope it was a fluke and the other 5 cans are good.

37. Lfty357

Lfty357 Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2013 Florida

unintentional drain pour the other day! opened a Fantome' Boo and only got half a pint after it stopped spraying out of the bottle like champagne. kinda funny

38. messanthrope

messanthrope Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2013 California

almanac 4 packs... all 3 {choclate,saison and pale ale}

39. 1fJef

1fJef Initiate (0) May 4, 2013 Maryland

Bruery 5 Golden Rings
    It was a 2011 bottle I believe but thought it would age well
    I thought WRONG!
    It was nasty

40. VictorWisc

VictorWisc Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2013 Massachusetts

Doubt it was the aging...

Speaking of which... any suggestions on how long to age Love Child #3? It seems to be everywhere and in the same price range as most Allagash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.