Latest WOW beer!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jeffo, Jun 17, 2013.

1. tcblack4d

tcblack4d Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2012 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I had a MILF last month from Mother's. It was fantastic!

2. DrugsDelaney1

DrugsDelaney1 Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2012 Massachusetts

Loved both those...............'That's What She Said' was/is most certainly a wow beer for me. I have a full 750 ML waiting in my fridge.

ChrisChagnon likes this.
  3. chikunwing

chikunwing Initiate (177) Jul 18, 2013 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Breakside BA Aztec really blew me away!

4. mtomlins

mtomlins Savant (959) Mar 12, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Hill Farmstead Nelson Sauvin!

This is my first experience with a Nelson Sauvin single hopped beer. While I preferred Edward (a more 'traditional' pale ale), Nelson was so different and really exciting as it sets itself apart in a market saturated with other pale ales.

5. BadgerBrewer16

BadgerBrewer16 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I had zombie dust and mornin' delight at the great taste of the Midwest this weekend and they were both excellent the mornin' delight especially exceeded any and all expectations

6. xnicknj

xnicknj Initiate (0) May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed was one of the better IPAs I've had in a while. Jack's Abby 2nd Anny Lager was delicious as well.

7. tmrmwel

tmrmwel Initiate (128) Oct 14, 2008 Norway

Block 15 Illusions. An eye opener for me into Black Sours.

8. Beeryurt

Beeryurt Aspirant (205) Mar 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Had a old engine oil last night from Harviestoun Brewery, man was that a good porter, combined with Ola Duba they make two of favorite beers, just wish they didn't cost 12 bucks or more a bottle

keithmurray likes this.
  9. lic217

lic217 Champion (885) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Took a trip to Vermont this past Saturday with my dad and brother in law.

I had heady for the second time, but it was fresh this time (last time I had it at about 6 weeks old). That wowed me. Best thing I have ever tasted. We had it at the brewery.

1 hour later I had HF Edward on draft at the reservoir in Waterbury. Best APA I have ever had. However, I am sad not to take any HF home.

Then walked across the street and had double sunshine, which wowed me again.

3 best hoppy beers I have ever had. All brewed in a close vicinity and all served at bars in the same area. It was Saturday so HF was closed due to the festival. Cannot wait to make the journey again so I can get to see HF brewery.

Great place.

My mind and palate are blown. I don't think I will drink another hoppy beer the same again.

HopHealth and Bizoneill like this.
  10. Hdredfern

Hdredfern Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Texas

I guess I plead ignorance on this but I was wowed by the sourness that hit me on the Dogfish Head Peche. I wasn't expecting that at all. But now I can say that I do love a sour beer, just took me a couple of bottles to wrap me head (and tongue i guess) around it.

Momar42 likes this.
  11. Stewmeister91

Stewmeister91 Initiate (174) Apr 7, 2008 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

A couple in the past few weeks have been Double Sunshine and NG Wild Sour.

12. BFF21231

BFF21231 Initiate (175) Aug 12, 2013 Maryland
    Beer Trader

I had Brewery Vivant Contemplation over the weekend. Nice Belgian crispness, nice hops and the honey really comes through. Wish I could get it locally.

13. Dabeel

Dabeel Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2010 California

Just tapped Port Brewing's Santa's Little Helper yesterday at our Pub & I might kill this keg myself :slight_smile:

14. Utley12

Utley12 Aspirant (257) Jun 10, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Does Troegs come up your way? I'd keep an eye out- their Scratch series is starting to travel a bit

15. KalH

KalH Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 North Carolina

You in Wilmington as well?

16. hellhammermario

hellhammermario Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2012 North Carolina

Yup! I frequent Cape Fear and Front Street a lot! Get up with me if you ever wanna grab a beer!

17. Jameswoody

Jameswoody Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2012 Montana

Bale Breaker Top Cutter IPA

18. Schwantz

Schwantz Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2012 Florida

[​IMG]
    Wow. Cute girls. Shitty beer. :wink:

19. Schwantz

Schwantz Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2012 Florida

Uuuuuugh? (Scooby Doo Voice). It's awesome!
    [​IMG]
    Cheers

Denver_Beer_Guy and keithmurray like this.
  20. mfrigon

mfrigon Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2011 New Hampshire

Allagash interlude 2011 was fantastic.

21. spitshaded

spitshaded Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2012 Virginia

I split a bottle of The Bruery Smoking Wood with a friend of mine a few nights ago & it really took us by surprise. Neither of us were really into smoked beers & weren't expecting too much after our latest encounter with the style (Oak Smoked Old Guardian was a drainpour for us). There was just the perfect amount of Rye barrel, & just the right amount of smoke to accent the other flavors in the beer. I seriously never thought I'd be floored by a smoked beer, but both of us kept commenting about how great & enjoyable it was.

22. Troville1990

Troville1990 Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2012 Illinois

Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Wild. Just arrived on our shelves in six-packs, and wow does the funk and the spice from the Belgian yeast really complement the hoppy bitterness.

23. manutdfan

manutdfan Initiate (0) May 25, 2012 Florida

Mango magnifico was pretty fantastic. Didn't expect it to be as amazing as it was.

24. JasonLovesBeer

JasonLovesBeer Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

Cantillon Rose - I usually don't go crazy for the berry-flavoured beers but holy crap.

SGToliver and Momar42 like this.
  25. Christopper

Christopper Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2012 New York

We get a few things from them. I will keep my eye out for sure. Thanks!

26. ERRL710

ERRL710 Aspirant (242) May 6, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Locally, Pipeworks- Coffee Abduction Stout. Think Ive bought about 9 bombers...I RARELY buy local beer a second time before trying new stuff.

27. ColForbinBC

ColForbinBC Poo-Bah (2,013) Sep 9, 2005 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Forest & Main Lunaire and Paloluna.

28. dgherm

dgherm Devotee (489) May 29, 2005 Pennsylvania

Down here in WDW, had my first Saison DuPont and first Tucher Kristel Weizen. Both excellent.

29. Bizoneill

Bizoneill Aspirant (282) Apr 19, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Saint Somewhere - Serge

It really impressed me... I didnt expect it to taste more like a sour stout rather then a dark saison :rolling_eyes: Check it out if you can grab some by you its a good one!

30. infiniteloop

infiniteloop Initiate (141) Dec 13, 2012 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

Firestone Walker's Sticky Monkey.

31. closisinthehouse

closisinthehouse Devotee (457) Jun 10, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

I finally got to open up a 2012 Black Tuesday that I traded for a few months ago and WOW. I expected it to be great, but it just blew my mind.

32. hopsputin

hopsputin Meyvn (1,218) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey

J.W. Lees 2010 Harvest Sherry Cask. Just wow - 5/5 blew my mind

Troegs Pale Ale - had the same reaction when I had Mirror Pond for the first time. idk what it is about these two, but I love em

33. Hendry

Hendry Crusader (774) Mar 8, 2013 Vermont

"Get Ready For A Heady!"

34. Denver_Beer_Guy

Denver_Beer_Guy Initiate (46) Jun 4, 2013 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Black Albert is like a beer milkshake. So freaking good.

Schwantz likes this.
  35. manutdfan

manutdfan Initiate (0) May 25, 2012 Florida

High Water Campfire Stout, fantastic smores!

36. JorSince88

JorSince88 Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2013 California

Marin brewing white knuckle dipa

37. McStagger

McStagger Crusader (780) Jun 2, 2005 California

Lil Sumpin' Sumpin'. Was scared off by the fact that it's a wheat beer. Silly me!

38. Ericness

Ericness Initiate (186) Nov 21, 2012 Massachusetts

Wormtown Hopulence. I went into it expecting an average DIPA and had something that was so much more.

NickDrista likes this.
  39. lupercmda

lupercmda Meyvn (1,358) Jul 21, 2012 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

A new brewery opened in Trenton, NC called Beer Army and are starting to distribute around NC. Started brewing in April. They make a great IPA called Heroes Never Die. Here is the link to the brewery beer page. http://beerarmy.com/page/beer-army-combat-brewery-beer-info
    They won a bronze medal in the mild ale category at the recent U. S. Open Championships.
    They currently are kegging only but hop to move into cans soon.
    You can find their beer in New Bern, NC and lots of places in Raleigh, NC.

40. king75

king75 Devotee (404) Jul 27, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Just visited Odd Side Ales brewery and was able to get Bean Flicker on tap. This beer blow my mind every time I try it. It is a coffee blonde ale that is crisp, light and full of flavor it hits the palate with just a hint of vanilla and a full flavor profile of a fresh french roast. I usually hate blonde ales due to their bland flavors and lack of complexity, but this beer is both complex and full of flavor. Love this beer

Boverhof3, Quickicks and core42 like this.