Lawsons 7th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Lamnic, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Aspirant (204) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

that's happened to me twice and I've refreshed that page so if that's the case I'm about to get heavily deleted for accidental duplicates

2. SouthOrangeJuice

SouthOrangeJuice Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2014 Connecticut

wehaveamap: I was worried about that too - but given the clusterF this morning, they better be waiving that clause.

3. elvisdoc

elvisdoc Aspirant (255) Jul 16, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Had one then it would not let me check out. What a bunch of shit.

eb1610 likes this.
  4. wehaveamap

Trader

alright that's the first time I've made it to the second click (agree to freshtix terms) so in fear of duplication I may be done until I don't have an email at 8 am

5. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

They have to reset the sale for another day or go back to the old system. This is ridiculous

6. GreenMtnMike

GreenMtnMike Initiate (0) May 30, 2013 Pennsylvania

I just got tickets for both times I made it through when I received application errors. I really hope they just let me cancel one.

7. mancallede

mancallede Devotee (442) Mar 1, 2010 Virginia
    Society Trader

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the duplication thing as well. I got mine eventually after one refresh on the second page and got an e-mail confirmation but my wife's attempt took multiple refreshes after the purchase page and when she finally got a confirmation number she did not get an e-mail. Ughhh. I would have much rather waited in line for 3 hours in the cold then deal with the stress of these ticket sites. Other than BPT, every single one i've ever tried has been a mess.

MachIPA and eb1610 like this.
  8. wehaveamap

Trader

Fwiw it's worth my account page is showing nothing so I have to assume that just click submit on the second page does not actually mean you're a lock that it went through.

https://www.freshtix.com/users/account if you want to check yourself

9. ILOVESTOUTS

ILOVESTOUTS Initiate (89) Apr 13, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

I just got tickets to the Garden Lights: Holiday Nights @ The Atlanta Botanical Garden. Not how I was expecting my morning to start.

10. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Vermont
    Deactivated

The whole reason that this method was chosen was to eliminate lines (that were becoming a burden to the adjoining businesses), eliminate the need for folks traveling a great distance to depart at crazy times and if the weather is bad, minimize peoples exposure to inclement weather. Plain & Simple

Believe me, no one is more upset by this than Sean. Please be patient and stay tuned to all of your social media spots for updates.

11. wehaveamap

Trader

As someone who wouldn't have been able to do the Mad Taco line this Saturday, I'm still glad the switch was made. Hopefully it gets worked out.

sandman3479 likes this.
  12. elvisdoc

Trader

What a joke. Will let you order but not check out.

13. wehaveamap

Trader

Just got a confirmation number for the first time. Here's what it looks like to me:

If you get to the second page where you put in your name and agree to freshtix terms, then click submit...if it times out to a white screen, you're probably not good. However, if you refresh that tab, you may get it (I just did on my second refresh). Probably only useful for a few minutes as I imagine at that point you're requesting a specific ticket and after a certain point it releases it back to the fold.

14. Sqratch

Sqratch Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2014 Massachusetts

So more than likely you going to this release relies on luck....

15. elvisdoc

Trader

Just cuz you make good beer, doesn't mean you are good at business. Worst ticket experience in a long time. Forget it.

apatrick17 likes this.
  16. jweave16

jweave16 Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2013 New York

Just finally got through.

17. wehaveamap

Trader

Yes, the failures of an independent ticketing service are all Sean's fault:wink:

I kid, I kid, I get it's frustrating. And my friends aren't through yet so I can't even say my calmness is from confirmation that I'll be there, because if the car doesn't get one I certainly will not.

18. 4DAloveofSTOUT

4DAloveofSTOUT Poo-Bah (3,299) Nov 28, 2008 Illinois
    Society Trader

Yes this happens all the time. Welcome to craft beer event with ticket sales involved.

19. eb1610

Trader

Still haven't gotten through...

20. Sqratch

I blame this 100% on freshtix. I think Sean had the right idea. Who would of know freshtix was ran out of some kids basement on old 386 machines.

sandman3479 and youbrewidrink like this.
  21. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Vermont
    Deactivated

Positive input to build a better mousetrap always welcomed. A lot of time and effort was expended to improve the customer experience and I am sure it will continue.

sandman3479 and iwantmorehops like this.
  22. WILSON_forbin

WILSON_forbin Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2012 Vermont

Just got mine, keep trying people

23. ArkyVaughan

ArkyVaughan Meyvn (1,063) Nov 1, 2013 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Definitely keep trying. I was trying since 7:00 a.m. and just got through for Group 3.

24. JuliusTheCat

JuliusTheCat Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Maine

This. 100%. Sean's idea was great and I hope he isn't disauded by the freshtix's servers. IMHO this is the best way to do this.

I knew at 6:58 the servers were in trouble. Hopefully if there are duplicate orders they will not shut you out completely. That said I refreshed the 'confirm and receive tickets’ button page peobably 100 times before it went through and I only got one conf # and email. So, I'm not sure how many duplicates got through. And I see people on twitter saying they got tickets but no cofirmation number. Unless they got emails I'm not sure how they know they really got tickets.

sandman3479 likes this.
  25. Shwilly_Vanilli

Shwilly_Vanilli Initiate (154) Dec 20, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Just got group 3 after 90 painful minutes. Keep trying!

26. jweave16

jweave16 Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2013 New York

No confirmation email but shows my ticket in my history

27. WILSON_forbin

WILSON_forbin Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2012 Vermont

Yea no email here yet but I got a confirmation number on the site, and an email about joining their mailing list. Not sure what to make of that

28. BoldRulerVT

BoldRulerVT Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2013 Vermont

I'll chime in also, no ticket emails being sent out. But confirmation is in my account. I dunno.

29. wehaveamap

Trader

In your account page you can force it to resend the email which got me it pretty quick

30. BoldRulerVT

BoldRulerVT Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2013 Vermont

Ive tried that but still nothing in email. huh.

31. eb1610

Trader

Almost 2 hours on freshtix refreshing only to get shut out

32. jeffgott

jeffgott Zealot (540) Feb 15, 2015 New Jersey

If u have a confirm #, regardless of whether u received an email. its a record in your freshtix account and u can resend the email and print out a receipt. just log into ur freshtix account. Does anyone know how many people per session? It seemed to go quick, considering 98% of the time the site was unaccessible.

BoldRulerVT likes this.
  33. Sqratch

There is going to be a ton freeing up. I have 3 confirmation numbers associated with my account.

34. Sqratch

"@FRESHTIX server went down due hackers and bots - they are to blame not @LawsonsFinest or FreshTix."

FreshTix cop out right here..... I call BS..

35. stearns16

stearns16 Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2010 Connecticut

The real victim with the new system is Sombero man, who no longer has to get up at dawn to pass out tickets and direct traffic.

36. OrangeAmps

OrangeAmps Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2010 Massachusetts

37. lalancette7

lalancette7 Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2015 Vermont

This is why I liked the lottery system the Alchemist used for their last release, there was no rush to sign up and it made it fair for everyone.

Jmonah3 and eb1610 like this.
  38. Jacob007

Jacob007 Aspirant (231) Sep 18, 2012 New Hampshire

39. Jbrews

Jbrews Disciple (347) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

Shit shows like this have been turning many people I know(and to an extent myselft) from this whole craft beer "scene" if you can call it that. It's making me want to just go into the store and buy a 6'r of Backseat Berner or something readily available. The more the breweries can dial in bottles IPA's and other good beer the less people will need to flock for growler only fills. The more myself and my group start to feel this way and skip on the events, releases, hype, etc the more others have to be doing the same thing. This is the shit that makes is crach once again. Not S.Lawsons fault, just the masses ruining it once again.

40. NickDrista

NickDrista Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2013 Massachusetts

Freshtix said they were hacked...not the masses fault if thats the case. Its some dork wanting to screw it up for everyone else....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.