LCBO Online Ordering ...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by GJKerr, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GJKerr

GJKerr Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2014 Canada (ON)

... is live as of this morning. Some stuff by the bottle, others by the case, but not everything can be ordered. Largely LCBO standards, but have already found a few gems that have not previously been and/or are not currently available in store - you just need to search through the beer categories. Of interest to me was the offerings from Italy's Birrifico Del Ducato.

2. portwood

portwood Aspirant (209) Aug 20, 2015 Canada (ON)

A quick review of the site, # of on-line exclusives (presumably not available in store):
    - whisky, 2
    - Beer, 15
    - wine, > SIX HUNDRED & FIFTY

further proof (as if we needed it) that #KGBO is primarily a wine merchant

3. andrenaline

andrenaline Poo-Bah (2,367) Nov 14, 2009 Canada (ON)
    Society

I'm hopeful that more and more importers with unique portfilios (like Keep 6) will begin to list through the online system... But I will prepare myself to be disappointed. I suspect even though it may open doors for importers who can't gain shelf space, they will also still have to deal with the challenges and red tape of getting a product listed, then you have to somehow attract the customers to your product exclusively on-line, which is also challenging given that your products are mixed in with every other LCBO listing known to man. But maybe I'm wrong...

4. Jerk_Store

Jerk_Store Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2015 Canada (QC)

People still drink wine? :s

5. GJKerr

GJKerr Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2014 Canada (ON)

If anything, the shipping was prompt. I ordered a case of one of the Del Ducato beers on Tuesday morning, and it was delivered yesterday afternoon ... barely 48 hours. Now that most of the online exclusives appear to be sold out, let's hope for some more selection.

portwood likes this.
  6. shephech

shephech Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2016 Canada (ON)

What is the deal with the Credit Card only though, I seen that Visa Debit is not accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.