Libertine Pub and Brewery

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by abelapophis, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t0rin0

t0rin0 Poo-Bah (2,315) Dec 30, 2006 California

Oh crap, are last years bottles still available for pickup? I haven't been since before the Morrow Rock Saison. I kind of forgot about the club since I never got another email from them after the brown paper tickets link for the saison.

2. walterfredo

walterfredo Aspirant (267) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

communication has been total crap this year for wild registry. I really hope this changes for 2016.

Coldstorage likes this.
  3. PG2G

PG2G Zealot (501) Dec 26, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

From what I remember, we had until February or something. I'm kinda hoping I can just have last years shipped since they are allowing shipping for 2016

4. fussychicken

fussychicken Initiate (130) Feb 3, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Thanks you IggyWH! Okay so it doesn't feel like I have missed out then. There apparently just wasn't hardly any BPT releases anyway.

5. fussychicken

fussychicken Initiate (130) Feb 3, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I asked them this question already. And they said no. :slight_frown: They still won't ship 2015 releases, but will for 2016+ releases.

PG2G likes this.
  6. thome50

thome50 Initiate (61) Dec 10, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

Yeah, they are still available for pick up until the end of February. Just in SLO instead of Morro Bay and with limited hours.

7. walterfredo

Beer Trader

I hate when breweries try to do package deals with less desirable beers to buy a more desirable beer. Poor form. I'd love to try to the lost in a shuffle, but thought the wild ipa was no bueno. So I have to buy a package deal for $50 just to try the only one I actually want? Pass.

Coldstorage likes this.
  8. SUBER

SUBER Aspirant (254) Jan 26, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

And it gives you a option option ship these beers too....

9. Vivified

Vivified Initiate (175) Jul 9, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Not sure I understand this post, typos?

10. IggyWH

IggyWH Aspirant (214) Aug 19, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

He's referring to this:

Lost in the Shuffle....
    You know when you're moving and you find things you forgot you had, like a whole barrel of beer? Well that was the case when we moved to our new San Luis Obispo facility. We uncovered several treasures in the cellar, one of which we now call Lost in the Shuffle.

Lost in the Shuffle is a white wine French oak barrel filled with our golden ale and a touch of tart cherry juice, then aged for a year and a half. Very tart and funky, this brite golden ale was too amazing to blend with other beers so we decided to make it a single barrel special release!

Lost in the Shuffle will only be sold in a gift set along with one bottle of Saison and one bottle of our Wild IPA, all for just $50. 2015 Wild Registry members have the first chance at purchasing this very limited release, so be sure to pick yourself up a set (or perhaps even start your holiday shopping early!) before it sells out. Bottles are on sale now will be available for pick-up or shipping in the beginning of December.

11. Vivified

Beer Trader

That is really lame. Members have to buy a gift set to get a special bottle? Isn't that what we paid memberships for? Kinda absurd.

12. VegasHopHead

VegasHopHead Aspirant (238) Jun 21, 2012 Nevada
    Beer Trader

This program is getting worse and worse. First the complete lack of communication and organization for 2015. Then summer breeze mango not even being offered to members, only if you were at an event, then this. They are packaging those 2 beers in with lost in shuffle because the saison and wild ipa have not done well and they need to move them. So what better way then package these 2 bottles with a bottle that everyone wants, but charge $50 for it. Complete horse shit.

Vivified, Coldstorage and SUBER like this.
  13. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Disciple (351) Oct 1, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Wow, that's awful.

Stopped at libertine on a trip down the coast this weekend but left empty handed. The saison and wild IPA were both terrible... The stuff I had tried on tap before was pretty nice and I had only heard great things but I'm a little shaken up about my 2016 WR membership at the moment.

14. Vivified

Beer Trader

We paid a membership for special bottles just like this, I really don't understand how making us pay $50 to get that bottle seems reasonable.

15. VegasHopHead

Beer Trader

Sorry, I was under the impression it was.

16. walterfredo

Beer Trader

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it like this. Just poor form altogether. I really want to support these guys as they're somewhat local to me, and I'm in the area several times a year. On my second year of the wild registry, but unless something changes drastically, will probably pass moving forward. That wild IPA was just gross, doing this gift pack only stuff is BS.

17. kbenson

kbenson Initiate (105) Aug 15, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

I haven't had any of these beers yet, so I'm happy to get this gift pack.

18. IggyWH

IggyWH Aspirant (214) Aug 19, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

An unofficial reply from someone was that there's not many bottles of this beer, and not enough for each member to get one. That's why it's being sold as a package. I'm skipping it.

19. VegasHopHead

Beer Trader

I emailed Tyler, and his response basically that they have no issues selling the Wild IPA. Its his favorite beer that they made this year, etc, the main reason for selling these in a gift pack is because they ship in quantities of 3. They Pre-Packaged it.

The whole thing is frustrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.