1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Light Whale Fantasy Baseball League sign up

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by ejyoung, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejyoung

ejyoung Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2005 Arizona

I was part of a light whale fantasy football league this past season and really enjoyed it. Is anyone interested in doing one for baseball? You'd put in 2 bottles of high quality, more limited beer - things like various years of Darklord and Darkness, Kate, Rosso e Marrone, Upland Kiwi, etc were part of the football league. These all get agreed up at the start of the season. They don't have to be too crazy, just stuff that isn't easily bought off the shelf (things even like BCBCS, King Henry, CBS, etc would all be fine). Your beers will go out as a pair so you only ship to one person.

At the end of the season, the designated winners get to pick in a draft style the beers they want. We can determine number of boxes/places when we get a final number of people (shooting for 10).

This will be an auction draft and I'm thinking of doing head to head but can go either way on that. Draft would likely be the last weekend before the season starts (also negotiable). I'd like to use ESPN for it.

Send me a message or post here if you are interested.

2. AReno00

AReno00 Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2009 Massachusetts

I'm interested.

3. Phoptos

Phoptos Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2011 Massachusetts

I'm down.

4. Phoptos

Phoptos Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2011 Massachusetts

I'd also prefer head to head as I'm in another that's not. Like to mix it up.

5. ejyoung

Yeah my other one is going to be roto so I think head to head sounds pretty good. I'd pick daily rosters as well.

6. AReno00

AReno00 Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2009 Massachusetts

Head the head kind of sucks for baseball though.

7. homebrew311

homebrew311 Pooh-Bah (2,070) May 19, 2008 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I'm interested!

8. DrWalterWhite

DrWalterWhite Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Illinois

I'm interested but would rather be clear on the rules from the get-go instead of what has gone on in the other league we're in.

9. ejyoung

Sounds good to me. This will definitely be an auction draft league with regular waiver wire (no bidding on waiver). I think we should just plan on this year and then we'll see at the end of the season if we want to do another year/keepers. I'd also like it to be head to head.

10. osubuckeye99

osubuckeye99 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2009 Illinois

I am interested in this one.

11. DrWalterWhite

As long as we're talking about waivers/free agents, I think it's always best to only process free agent pick ups once a week (Sunday night), as it levels the playing field for everyone that doesn't sit in front of a computer all day. As long as there is a 5 man bench or so it shouldn't be a problem.

12. Duffman929

Duffman929 Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

If you make this an auction/roto, I am in. Weekly moves/transactions even better.

13. ejyoung

I can do roto if that's what it takes to get some more people. I think I counted six people earlier before you. I'd also prefer to use ESPN but could do Yahoo.

14. juhl31

juhl31 Initiate (0) May 19, 2009 California

Let me know what you finally go with and I am probably down

15. ejyoung

Which things would make you go one way or the other?

16. Duffman929

Trader

ESPN is fine with me. I use them for fantasy football. Did most people sound like they wanted a keeper or y2y league?

17. ejyoung

I haven't heard either way. Right now these are who I have interested:

ejyoung
    AReno00
    Phoptos
    homebrew311
    DrWalterWhite
    osubuckeye99
    Duffman929 (maybe)
    juhl31 (maybe)

I'd say we need at least 2 more and the maybes to make it happen.

18. Duffman929

Trader

We can do 8 with just AL only, if you can't get more. NL only will be really tough.

19. ejyoung

I'm down with 8 and AL only if that's all we can get. I'll give it until the end of the week - when do we want to target a draft for?

20. DrWalterWhite

I'm probably out if we do AL only. Don't mean to seem like a poor sport, but I just don't know enough about the AL to do an AL only league. I haven't watched the AL with any regularity since the early 90s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.