Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Comment Listing Beers as Having Been Bottled On Brewery Page

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gillagorilla, Jun 29, 2013.

1. gillagorilla

Beer Trader

A lot of breweries brew specialty, draft only beers (i.e. DFH brewpub exclusive brews). I mean there are a lot of beers that were bottled just once, but can be hard to find among the hundreds of beers from big places (SN, Boston, DFH, Stone, GI). I think it would be great if there was a nice easy way to see if a beer was available in bottle. All that you would need is a header that says either Bottled, Bottle or just B (if you could set it as having a hover feature that gave an explanation). You could either fit it between Name and Style or After Revs, if you move the columns over. It would be on seen on these pages. Then, you would just have a non-clickable Y/N for the column, you might be able to include G for growler, but I think that would get confusing. This would be useful not just for trading (as in seeking out current or old/retired bottles) but also just for people that are looking into a brewery if they are traveling or just curious about one in their state. It makes it a lot easier to see if you can trade for something without opening a bunch of tabs and then looking at either gots or review/hads from (tap, bottle, can, etc.). I think this would be quite useful.

cparles likes this.
  2. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor
    Staff Member Subscriber Beer Trader

You can always just click on a beer, looks at the reviews for it and see the type reviewed (tap, bottle, can, etc.).

I kind of think it would just clutter the view on the page personally and there are too many different types to have a single letter column view.

Duff27 likes this.
  3. gillagorilla

Beer Trader

It would either be a Y/N. If it wasn't bottled (that includes canned) and it is archived, then it isn't available to get (usually). Also, this helps for current stuff, because you would immediately know what they bottle/can. I mean you could have Y, N, C (can), and G.

4. TMoney2591

If you want to trade or travel bad enough, you can take the extra few minutes (max) involved in clicking on the beers' pages.

I swear, most of the "suggestions" that pop up here are just expressions of user laziness, rather than ideas for truly useful and helpful features/information...

drtth, dbrauneis and sliverX like this.
  5. UCLABrewN84

6. otispdriftwood

Beer Trader

Expressions of laziness? Not us beer lovers. [sarcasm intended].

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe