Little Cottage Brewery (2021)

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Affinity, Jan 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Affinity

Affinity (503) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Trader

It's been a while since there was a thread dedicated to Little Cottage.

I know a lot of people are looking forward to Jon opening the doors to the brewery. Until then I hope this thread brings some deserved publicity to these excellent beers.

odcardinal likes this.
  2. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist (355) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

3. Affinity

Trader

Over the past 2 months I have opened up several LC beers that were phenomenal.

War Beast Cinnamon may be one of the top 10 beers I have ever had. From any brewery. Ever. The cinnamon was so perfectly integrated into the thick chewy base stout, but not in a sweet pastry way. The closest beer I have had to War Beast Cinnamon was Derivation 9 from Side Project. This beer was absolutely phenomenal and I hope I am lucky enough to try it again.

War Beast was amazing as well. Thick, chewy stout with tons of bakers chocolate, tobacco, and leather. One of the best BA non-adjunct stouts out there. As a St.Louis guy I think it's better than Maman. Almost like a thicker chewier version of Appervation.

I also had BA touch of death, which was good, but not on the same level as the other two. Still a great beer. And Death isn't what it used to be was not my cup of tea, but still a solid non-adjunct stout.

AlexIrigoyen likes this.
  4. jeffdupree2020

jeffdupree2020 (0) Sep 18, 2020 Oklahoma
    Trader

Heard some great things about LC. Wish I could get my hands on some bottles to try! Small "up and coming" breweries usually have unique takes on stouts and I love to try something different.

Thirst_trappist and Affinity like this.
  5. Ckgibu

Ckgibu (299) Jun 3, 2020 Hawaii
    Trader

Must.Have.

Affinity likes this.
  6. not2quick

not2quick (919) Dec 1, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

Had a trade partner from Georgia that hooked me up a couple years ago. It was solid. May have to send out a PM.

Affinity likes this.
  7. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Yeah tried getting some but no dice.

8. Affinity

Trader

Low production numbers, excellent, quality, and local demand have made them very hard to come by. I hope as production increases that more people will gain access to these beers.

9. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Yeah I know they sent beers to friends and influences but hopefully now more reg people can get some

10. Affinity

Trader

I have not heard that influencers get LC beer. If that was the case I would assume more people would know about them. I could be wrong, but thought it was friends and investors.

11. Resuin

Resuin (980) Jun 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

Is there a way to get beer from these guys? I'll be in the area soon.

Affinity and Thirst_trappist like this.
  12. GameFreac

GameFreac (0) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

pm sent

Pereza987 likes this.
  13. jts211

jts211 (388) Aug 5, 2018 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Any BA'ers attending the Grand Opening this weekend? Looking past this weekend, has Little Cottage provided any further information on to-go beer sales, hours of operation, etc.?

14. jrob21

jrob21 (310) May 4, 2006 Georgia
    Trader

The grand opening was smooth. It was ticketed to control the crowds a bit I imagine. Tickets sold out quick. All the beers were spot on. The ipa game was strong which was a surprise considering they are known for ba stouts and big beers. Will be sweet to have some more everyday drinkable beers as well. Couple of crowlers to go. Opening to gen pop on Thursday. Their website and socials are pretty up to date so keep an eye there. All in all a super smooth first weekend with more access and regular availability at the brewery to come next week.

AlexIrigoyen and jts211 like this.
  15. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Still looking for the ability to get bottles

16. oldmankoch

oldmankoch (0) Jan 1, 2014 Tennessee

Wow! That is some high praise...It's been a while since I've visited SP but last time there I got a few sips of Derivation from a kindly and generous group of patrons and it was an incredible experience. Also split a BA Barleywine (name escapes me) with another customer and it too was top notch.

I tried searching for Little Cottage on the site with no success. Am I a bad "searcher" and they have been listed on here? Or No. I want to keep them top of mind for next time I'm in the greater ATL area.

17. AlexIrigoyen

AlexIrigoyen (297) Jun 3, 2016 Georgia
    Trader

First LC bottle release since I moved to Atlanta this summer is happening on Sunday. Anyone else going?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.