Great Britain London to Dorset

Discussion in 'Europe' started by TheCrowsNest, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCrowsNest

TheCrowsNest Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2010 California

What's up guys! I'm heading to the UK in June and was looking for some suggestions to make sure I get the most out of the beer scene over there. At this point I'm tripping down to Dorset for about 4 days and then headed back up to London - I'm open to anything and everything in, around, and between those two points (I know that's a lot). Specifically though, I'd really like to visit some smaller, local breweries that are making some killer stuff.

I sell Meantime's beer in California and dig it, how is the brewery? Worth spending the time there?

How is Corfe Castle Brewery?

Seriously appreciate the help and if anyone is interested in me getting a few bottles out there from California please let me know, would love to get some kind of in-person trade going!

2. CwrwAmByth

CwrwAmByth Poo-Bah (1,716) Jan 24, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

Not sure about Dorset, Somerset/Bristol is probably a lot better.

3. Aye

Aye Aspirant (239) Jul 21, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

Whereabouts in Dorset are you going?

Meantime Greenwich Union and Meantime Old Brewery are about five minutes walk apart in the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, good range of bottled beers, cask ales and the Old Brewery in the Old Royal Naval Museum grounds is the test brew house and sells beers unlikely to be found elsewhere.

4. TheCrowsNest

TheCrowsNest Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2010 California

We're going to be on the East side of Dorset in Burton.

I'm really excited to checkout Meantime. We only get a handful of their beers out here, but I dig them. Thanks for the info!

5. Aye

Aye Aspirant (239) Jul 21, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.