Looking for upscale restaurant in or east of Rochester NY

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Lucular, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucular

Lucular Jun 20, 2014 Maryland
    Society Trader

My wife and I are taking her parents out for dinner and have $250 to spend, tip included. I'd like to find an upscale restaurant in or preferably east of Rochester (they live 45 minutes to the east of Rochester in Marion - so really, I'm looking for a location within 45 minutes from Marion). Somewhere with entrees in the $25-40 range where we can get a bottle of wine and most importantly, with a good tap or bottle list so I can be happy too.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. chefduff2

chefduff2 Feb 17, 2008 New York

If you don't mind driving to the east side of Rochester Revelry could be a good option. Usually have some good taps along with awesome cocktails. TRATA is not too far from that and they usually have some neat beers on tap. A little less formal then Reverly, but had good food the last time I was there. Most fine dining with good beer is going to be more downtown then the suburbs. They are nice pubs and such on the east side with good beer, but probably not the food you are looking for.

Lucular likes this.
  3. GreesyFizeek

GreesyFizeek Mar 6, 2013 New York
    Society Trader

Good Luck, in the Village Gate, is great, awesome cocktails, pretty solid taplist, seemed like a good wine-list, and some of the best food I've ever had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.