Lost Abbey Duck Duck Gooze 2016 Presale

Discussion in 'US - West' started by Yabu, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aViewFromTheHOP

aViewFromTheHOP Jan 26, 2015 California
    Trader

some of the 12:59's did not get it is what I am realizing now. =(

2. KANE3

KANE3 Jul 31, 2012 California

You were unfortunately #901

OtisCampbell and mhksuccess like this.
  3. Destral

Destral Oct 20, 2009 Nevada

I got my email for 5 bottles, though it doesn't look like the options for the new weekend dates were added to the system.

4. fondyball20

fondyball20 Feb 14, 2015 Wisconsin

I have a feeling that you can sign up for either date and just show up for any of the 6 dates to get your bottles. The email doesn't say you need to pick a session, "Pickup Sessions will begin...."

EyePeeAyBryan likes this.
  5. vitaminvert

vitaminvert Oct 12, 2014 Colorado
    Trader

Make sure you reply to the e-mail quickly guys, I heard only the first 300 to reply get bottles.

[tagged based on the order they read them, not the order sent]

6. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

nothing would make me happier than LA sending out too many emails and screwing this up once again.

7. SanDiegoBeerLove

SanDiegoBeerLove Sep 20, 2009 California

I received my email and went on to purchase my 5 and received the confirmation email about 5 min later.

8. walterfredo

walterfredo Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

I'm gonna be so sad when this thread dies.

brentusaurus, NDogg44, Tgilly and 5 others like this.
  9. OCJeff

OCJeff Mar 14, 2015 California

I just posted my preferred pick up date in the notes section of the purchase. Just to make sure.

10. dcbullet

dcbullet Dec 18, 2013 California

My email was in my spam folder...so make sure you check there.

nsheehan likes this.
  11. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California

Guess I was 902 since I had a 12:59 time stamp.

Or maybe Event Brite is just a minute ahead on their clocks. Oh well.

aViewFromTheHOP, TTC and KANE3 like this.
  12. Mike_Amps

Mike_Amps Jan 8, 2015 California

I had a 12:59 time stamp and received the email. They may still be sending it out.

13. DrinkNoH2O

DrinkNoH2O Oct 17, 2009 California

@thelostabbey

I'm confused.

I have a friend who had a 12:57 time stamp and order number of 53691371x and another friend who had a time stamp of 1:00 and an order number of 53691446x - both received emails for 5 bottles.

I received nothing and I fell in between them: timestamp of 12:58 and order number of 53691415x.

Any ideas?

14. Beerooster

Beerooster Jan 24, 2015 California

1:00 time stamp and no email.

15. IPA_Lush

IPA_Lush May 28, 2015 California

1:01 time stamp and nada.

I didn't expect it based on all of the other posts but still had a small glimmer of hope.

ClippersSD likes this.
  16. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California

Had a buddy who had a 12:58 time stamp for his email and nothing either.

Can't say I'm really surprised at this point. Though it probably wasn't the best idea to state that all those orders came before 1pm and have folks be left out. :shrug: I guess there's the whole lotto thing.

17. Beerooster

Beerooster Jan 24, 2015 California

Oh yeah! Can't friggin wait to waste another 90 minutes for another chance to win the opportunity to buy half the beers I already bought. Yeah lotto.....

Phobicsquirrel likes this.
  18. dddddddd

dddddddd Apr 13, 2015 Washington

On the ticket PDFs, at the end of the line in the Order Info field.

19. Beerbom

Beerbom Dec 20, 2014 California
    Trader

thank you...I deleted my post to avoid looking like a complete ass.

20. dddddddd

And where does that leave me? ...

Own up to the fact that you couldn't find the time stamp on your ticket.

21. Beerbom

Beerbom Dec 20, 2014 California
    Trader

Ok I had no idea where to find the time stamp on my ticket and deleted the post after you answered my question to avoid looking like a dumbass. Thank you

bungletrpg likes this.
  22. jow_42

jow_42 Jun 22, 2014 California

Lucked out and got my 5 bottles. I'm probably one of the few who will be drinking/sharing all of them, ha. We did a '09/'13 side by side last year, and 2013 is probably my fav AWA ever. I've got one '13 bottle left, and will pop it at some point with a '16. My wife loves DDG, too. It was great getting that email last night. I cant wait to drink all of these.

I'm also curious as to what will be at the brewery for the Duck Duck Days Of Summer. Any guesses?

ewwiccc likes this.
  23. OCJeff

OCJeff Mar 14, 2015 California

My EB refund hit on Monday, but did not clear until Tuesday evening. Today (Wednesday) it's balanced out to $0.00. That's really about as fast as it can happen. I don't think they could have done it any faster with the way credits hit your credit card. Debit cards may be a little more tricky. I wouldn't use a debit card on-line though....

Most every card you have used on-line has already been compromised. So it's just a matter of time before it gets sold/used. I wouldn't want my "ATM/Debit" card floating around out there to be sold off.

nsheehan likes this.
  24. ewwiccc

ewwiccc Jan 12, 2016 California
    Trader

Considering a card that is in my sock drawer that's exclusively used for paying my Comcast bill only (chase card) just got used in Brazil a few days ago, i'm inclined to believe you. :grinning:

25. lincolnbeard

lincolnbeard Dec 12, 2010 California

how's Brazil this time of year :stuck_out_tongue:

26. ewwiccc

Trader

Apparently I bought $23 worth of gas. Wasn't worth it.

27. lincolnbeard

lincolnbeard Dec 12, 2010 California

That Brazilian Gas though...

SammyJaxxxx and WPZY like this.
  28. skunkpuddle

skunkpuddle Feb 14, 2011 California

You are indirectly helping somebody's Olympic dream. Don't think of it as stealing, think of it as being a good, no great American

29. Destral

Destral Oct 20, 2009 Nevada

That is not what they said. They said the first 900 all had time stamps before 1, but not ALL orders before 1pm were in. There could have been 900 that were before 9:58 and another 1000 from 9:58 to 1:00.

UHCougar12, dddddddd, PBRandJ and 2 others like this.
  30. beer_buddah

beer_buddah Jul 31, 2016 California

What are the odds emails are still going out? I haven't gotten mine either. :slight_frown:

31. SDReaper

SDReaper Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Can't tell if serious or not.

No email, not a 5er
    Emails for lottery I would expect to go out roughly the same time tonight so 5pm-ish.

Destral likes this.
  32. SDReaper

SDReaper Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

For the non-social media ppl

"
    Hi All,
    Quick update, the "900" emails went out yesterday around 5pm or so and we'll be shooting out the lottery emails this afternoon around 1pm. Again, if you receive an email, you have a week to purchase your bottles (till 8/9 @ 5pm PDT for 5 bottles, 8/10 @ 1pm for 3 bottle allocations), they are secured but will be added back to the pool if you choose not to purchase.

Saw the questions regarding pickup dates, because of the issues we had with the Friday onsale, we did extend them to include the weekend before and after the initial dates of August 27th and 28th. So, as someone put it earlier, you're free to show up during any of the three weekends (while we're open) and we'll take care of you. Once sales are complete, we'll be emailing everyone a reminder of this extended pickup session. There will be no need to email us and ask us to switch sessions, we got you on this.

Also seeing a few posts asking why they didn't get an email even though they got a timestamp under 1pm. After speaking with Eventbrite, they were processing 6 orders per second with orders starting to come in at 12:56. So just getting under 1pm didn’t guarantee bottles. We only stated that all 900 came before 1pm, not everyone under 1pm is in. There were many more than 900 orders processed before 1pm.

Also, the "Duck Days of Summer" will be somewhat similar to our 10th Anniversary Party (if any of you made it to that), we’ll be extending our license to the parking lot, having some games and we’ll all be able to drink outside, which is always awesome!

Since there are so many avenues you can take to ask us questions, it would help if you directed them all to ddg2016@lostabbey.com. This will help us streamline things. Thank you!
    "

33. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

This made me laugh out loud.
    Don't worry folks, Lost Abbey won't let you down (a 4th time)

KBS, nsheehan, Tgilly and 5 others like this.
  34. skunkpuddle

skunkpuddle Feb 14, 2011 California

I think the sale went pretty much perfect. I will get my five bottles of beer and I'm pretty happy about that. I have one complaint though. I'm not really sure it's fair for the people in the lottery to be able to purchase 3 beers. I completed my order at 1258 and 43 seconds then why should somebody who's order completed at 1158 and 44 seconds have the ability to arbitrarily enter a lottery and only get two less bottles than I ordered. My order came a full second (maybe) before yours. I think I should be able to get not only my full allotment of 6 but I also should be able to enter the lottery to procure at the very least two more. What you may or may not understand is that 40 seconds after my initial order last Friday I made non refundable plane ticket reservations, non refundable hotel reservations and I wasn't able to go to Sioux City Iowa for the weekend because my credit card was in event brite limbo because I bought some beer. I hope you lottery people are happy basically stealing food out of my child's mouth.

35. dddddddd

36. ewwiccc

Trader

Where did you a buy a plane ticket that was non-refundable within 24 hours? Pretty sure that's illegal in the US (to not offer a full refund back to the original payment method for 24 hours).

https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/notice-24hour-reservation

37. Rotero24

Rotero24 Aug 6, 2013 California

3 bottle allocation showed up on my account just now...didn't receive any email.

38. J-loco

J-loco Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

It's getting hard to distinguish the sarcastic and serious replies in here.

39. homer281

homer281 Nov 21, 2013 California

That's all well and good, but what about his trip to Sioux City?!

40. David9

David9 Mar 25, 2015 California

Emails out -"
    If you've received this email, then you were selected in the Duck Duck Gooze lottery. Again, apologies for making you take an extra step to get you bottles of Duck Duck Gooze.

You are secured up to 3 bottles of Duck Duck Gooze, but you are more than welcome to purchase less if you so choose. Each bottle is $41 and we'll be taking care of the taxes. ....... "

You can also view them in your account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.