Maine Beer Co. Dinner availability

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Mike1512, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRBush1974

SRBush1974 Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2015 New Jersey

Yup, meant Night Shift. Maybe it was just me wishing I had some Whirlpool right then!

And for Aeronaut, it would be 'A year with Dr. Nandu'.

rhino88888888 and robNSB like this.
  2. jamvt

jamvt Devotee (400) Aug 5, 2005 Massachusetts
    Trader

Release on 10/24.

Mike1512 likes this.
  3. ricknelson

ricknelson Devotee (445) Feb 20, 2010 Vermont

Lunch is better than Dinner to a lot of us fans of Maine Brewing.

4. paddyfrankie

paddyfrankie Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2015 New York

Dinner really tastes nothing like Lunch. I think Dinner is closer to a bigger version of Another One, which is their best beer IMHO.

5. MCCarrigan

MCCarrigan Initiate (58) May 1, 2015 District of Columbia

I totally agree.

Dinner is quite fantastic IMHO.

6. lic217

lic217 Savant (924) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Trader

King Titus is the best beer they make...

7. Mike1512

Mike1512 Initiate (0) May 21, 2015 Colorado

I tried all 8 that were on tap the day I went (including the adopted bastard), was really impressed with Mo and Another One, thought the lunch was decent but the former two were better. LOVED Mean Old Tom!

8. Jcorn

Jcorn Disciple (393) Jun 17, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Pretty much all are excellent, although I think peeper is overrated. Just had Beer 2, awesome. Have a Beer 3 in the fridge. Lunch is the best I've had, haven't had Dinner. Mo 2nd on my list, but I also haven't had Another One. In short, try them all.

9. jjamilkowski

jjamilkowski Initiate (67) Mar 8, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

I agree, Another One is the best I have had from them. Better than Lunch to me. Though I haven't had Dinner yet.

HeartofMiami likes this.
  10. Mike1512

Mike1512 Initiate (0) May 21, 2015 Colorado

I lucked into Dinner at a bottle share this summer and was truly blown away at how good it was, right up there with Abner from HF as the best IPA I've ever had, they are 1A and 1B for me

DanSails likes this.
  11. MarkJC1018

MarkJC1018 Aspirant (271) Dec 27, 2009 Massachusetts

12. Zbuckley50

Zbuckley50 Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Massachusetts

Anyone from the cape cod area planning to go up?

13. matthartman11

matthartman11 Disciple (335) Jan 8, 2015 Virginia
    Trader

Dinner is perfection. But I do agree that Another One > Lunch.

MCCarrigan and RuralJuror17 like this.
  14. Davl22

Davl22 Disciple (370) Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Trader

What time did Dinner sell out at the last release? Is it possible to not line up at dawn to get a couple of bottles?

15. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Defender (669) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

WtF, all this conversation on a beer that's sold (I refuse to use the beergeek term "release") 2-3x per year? Lots of other good IPAs avail more regularly w/out all the drama.

16. Pwbres

Pwbres Aspirant (240) Mar 25, 2013 Maine

The last 2 releases were extremely drama free.

bostonwolf and MCCarrigan like this.
  17. ryanlefebvre93

ryanlefebvre93 Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2015 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

To answer Davl22's question it sold out in a few hours. There were people who camped out over not. I got there at about 430 in the morning and was roughly 375 in line. People were getting there around 530 and were told they probably weren't going to get any. I don't know about other people but I really think there is a whole lot of unnecessary hype for this one. Dinner was a good DIPA but I honestly don't think it was worth the hassle. Nothing special in my opinion. Can't even imagine how cold it's going to be doing a 7am release in December...

18. BigStein88

BigStein88 Disciple (309) Nov 5, 2007 New Hampshire
    Trader

There are always people who camp out overnight. Happened at the release before this one, yeah, the one where Dinner was still available on Sunday. To each their own, but I just can't agree it is "nothing special". This is a great beer, but of course everyone needs to decide for themselves if it is worth the effort. For me, it always comes down to who among my friends wants to make the trip. I am fine with going or not going, but if I have a few friends who want to do it then it is certainly time well spent.

19. ryanlefebvre93

ryanlefebvre93 Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2015 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

Nothing special was probably a bad wording on my part. It's nothing that really stands out for me. Like Julius and heady have that kind of a kick that I really enjoy. Dinner to me is just a very well crafted DIPA in my opinion. Nothing I would wake up for at 4 in the morning for again haha

20. Davl22

Davl22 Disciple (370) Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Trader

Haha that's exactly why I was asking. I've done some crazy shit for beer, but waking up before the sun comes up is not going to be one of them. If there's still some left after 9-10am I'll shoot over.

21. BigStein88

Trader

See, I'm up early all the time anyway, as I am typically at work by 6:30am, so not an issue for me. Rather get up early and get it bought and have the rest of the day in front of me than spend the daylight hours in line....though I may well go join the Bissell line after!

22. bostonwolf

bostonwolf Initiate (127) Jan 20, 2015 Massachusetts

The last one was very well run. Got their around 5am, was #472 in line. Was at Bissell Brothers by 10 and about 30th in line there.

23. Capt_Quint

Capt_Quint Initiate (158) May 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

5 hours!!

24. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (122) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

any rumors about the next release?

25. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (104) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts

LOL @ waiting in line all night for a case of Dinner. I can't get over how absurd that is

yankeeewine likes this.
  26. WarbyJones

WarbyJones Initiate (111) Jan 11, 2014 New Hampshire

Barely anyone waits overnight. You can just as easily arrive very early in the morning. Any one who stays over night is an idiot, crazy, or both.

27. edallolie

edallolie Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2015 Connecticut

Haters gonna hate. It's an incredible beer and if someone wants to stay overnight, then more power too it. Ive stayed at the hotel next door and got in line at 5 am. It was worth every minute and I'll do it again

Evmo31 likes this.
  28. WarbyJones

Thats totally fine, but there are people who camp out outside the brewery over night.

29. MyThoughtsExactly

MyThoughtsExactly Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2015 Virginia

Only brewed a couple times a year, brewery only, limited quantity, and a well-regarded NE DIPA. Yeah...they'll be droves of people. Wanted to try Dinner for some time, but whenever a release comes I see the chatter about people in line at 5 am and think, "There should be a shorter line at Tree House that day."

DanSails likes this.
  30. paddyfrankie

paddyfrankie Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2015 New York

Not at all worth the trouble. Very very good but nothing is worth waiting in line starting a 5 AM at the latest for. Especially so if it is during the colder months.

Justin42 likes this.
  31. BigStein88

Trader

First off, there are plenty of people who show up later than 5am and get it, second, 5am is not all that concerning for many people. You may not like to get up, but there are plenty that don't mind at all. From what I have seen, most in line seem to have a damn good time.

edallolie likes this.
  32. bostonwolf

bostonwolf Initiate (127) Jan 20, 2015 Massachusetts

For the last release I believe they had cases left after the line cleared.

33. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

Damn good time in line. Hilarious.

Pwbres and LukieBL like this.
  34. Justin42

Justin42 Aspirant (229) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Saturday March 26 per Twitter, have fun y'all.

mainebeercoPaul is brewing Dinner today! It will be ready and released on Saturday, March 26th in our tasting room. Doors will open at 7am. One case per person limit. $8 per bottle. #dinnertime#freshbeer

SRBush1974 likes this.
  35. pgbond

pgbond Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2014 Massachusetts

And the insanity begins....

36. edallolie

edallolie Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2015 Connecticut

Not to be that guy, but did anyone notice a difference in the last batch?

Previous batches have been some of the best beers of my life, but this last one was very thin to me. Maybe Im just another victim of Trillium and Tree House.

37. RKing44

RKing44 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 Massachusetts

Agreed. The beer is a shell of itself. Certainly not worth the hype or praise it has received in past batches.

38. berto714

berto714 Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2014 New York

Can't compare to previous batches, as the last batch was the only one I've had, but it definitely felt thinner than I expected. Taste was solid, but nothing mind blowing. I wasn't overly impressed, and would definitely not wait in line for the beer I had, but it sounds like maybe it was an off batch. I'd be interested in trying again in the future. FWIW, the bottle I had was 5 days old, so freshness wasn't an issue.

39. Capt_Quint

Capt_Quint Initiate (158) May 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

$96 for 192 oz. of Dinner; begin lining up at 4-5 am, out the door at 9-10 am
    $75 for 384 oz. of Heady; begin lining up at 7:50 am, out the door by 8:05 am

Ha.

Pwbres, neophilus, cp45 and 9 others like this.
  40. WarbyJones

Agreed, artificial scarcity by only releasing every 3 months. Live and die by the hype train.

neophilus and Capt_Quint like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.