Make me an offer! ISO: beers in top 50 FT: Founders collection

Discussion in 'ISO: Top 250 Rated Beers' started by NateMIbeer, Mar 24, 2021.

1. NateMIbeer

NateMIbeer Initiate (15) Mar 24, 2021 Michigan
    Trader

Make me an offer! I'm only interested in beers ranked in the top 50. The higher ranked, the better.

Here's what I can trade for the best offer I receive (an epic collection of most of the barrel aged beers Founders has released, including many no longer produced and some ranked #1 in their category):

* CBS 2019 (currently ranked #11 on top 250 list)
    * KBS 2018 (ranked #27 on top 250 list)
    * Breakfast Stout 2017 (#91 on top 250 list)
    * KBS Espresso 2019 (#373 overall)
    * Backwoods Bastard 2017 (#1 scotch ale)
    * Underground Mountain Brown 2019 (#1 brown ale)
    * Better Half 2018 (#5 old ale)
    * Blushing Monk 2018 (#6 fruit and field)
    * Dank Wood 2018 (#9 imperial red ale)
    * Barrel Runner 2018
    * Mas Agave 2019
    * Double Trouble 2019
    * Lizard of Koz (retired a few years ago)

I can offer these together as a 12 pack, plus the Lizard of Koz (750ml).

Variety interests me more than multiple of the same beer, but I'm open to all offers!

Best,
    Nate from Grand Rapids

#1 NateMIbeer, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  2. Hopelessly0

Hopelessly0 Aspirant (286) May 13, 2019 California
    Trader

Hey man, just some feedback to help you with your first trade, Founders doesn't trade well at all. It's widely distributed everywhere in the US, I can find most of those bottles on shelves right now. You'd have much better luck by trading some HOMES or Transient.

3. NateMIbeer

Trader

Thanks for the feedback man! Very good to know. To sweeten the deal, I added a bottle of Lizard of Koz from my cellar, which was retired a few years ago. So several of the beers I'm offering aren't, and might never be on shelves again.

Rustytacos likes this.
  4. sjguglielmo

sjguglielmo Initiate (77) Aug 26, 2009 Minnesota
    Trader

Welcome to BA! To echo @Hopelessly0, you're going to have a tough time trading Founders, especially if you're after beers in the top 50 (many of which are exceptionally difficult to trade for). You'd probably be able to trade your bottles for some good out-of-market IPAs, but likely not from HF or Tree House, and not for any of the big stouts you're looking for.

Junior and maximum12 like this.
  5. Affinity

Affinity Initiate (123) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Trader

Interesting, I thought members needed 50 or more beer karma points to be able to trade. @Todd has this rule been updated?

6. TurkeysDrinkBeer

TurkeysDrinkBeer Initiate (106) Sep 8, 2018 Virginia
    Trader

Have been wondering the same thing. I have seen several trades posted by people with much less than the required 50 points

7. carlso_aw

carlso_aw Aspirant (202) Jan 10, 2016 Indiana
    Trader

Nate, you gotta read the room, man. You're waaaaaaay off here, and the attitude of "best offer or bust" combined with what you're offering is gonna turn a lot of people off.

I can't think of the last time someone posted an ISO for anything Founders that wasn't taproom exclusive. There's just no interest, especially not for some of the Top 50.

8. NateMIbeer

Trader

Lol! I just checked back in here and can see I've made a novice mistake. Thanks everyone for the advice - I'm still learning my way around here. :slight_smile:

Let's close this thread! Cheers everyone

bret27 and carlso_aw like this.