Mass Only(OnceMade)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by benbking, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benbking

benbking Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2009 Rhode Island

I just got an email about this and I haven't seen it discussed so I'm starting this thread.
    https://www.oncemadebeer.com/about/

I'm not buying any but I figured some of you might. I am encouraged about the distro for it. You order online and can pick a location to get the beers. Looking forward to see what else they will do.
    Thoughts?

2. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2010 Massachusetts

I think it's ridiculously priced. Just my opinion though. Paying over 20 bucks a bottle for 2 750s that nobody's ever had before is, um, kinda not up my alley.

Pahn likes this.
  3. Richard33

Richard33 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2012 Massachusetts

There was a long thread here about this a few weeks ago and the consensus seemed to be... meh? or... "Who do these guys think they are"? I don't think I'll be dropping the bucks for it.

4. jbertsch

jbertsch Poo-Bah (1,596) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

yeah I was in the "Who-do-these-guys-think-they-are"? boat.

5. benbking

ah, my apologies for being late to the party. Yeah more interested in the commerce idea than the price/beer/a signed letter.

6. Eriktheipaman

Eriktheipaman Savant (972) Sep 4, 2010 California

I think the idea isn't half bad because the price really isn't that bad. It looks like it would be a pretty cool and thoughtful gift to give or receive.

dennho and Stormfield like this.
  7. dennho

dennho Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2006 New York

Yup a nice gift for a beer geek.

8. JaredKent

JaredKent Initiate (0) May 11, 2011 Rhode Island

I caved and bought it as a birthday gift to myself.... then in addition to the first impulse buy I caved and bought a second...

Here's hoping it's good. Cheers!

9. emannths

emannths Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2007 Massachusetts

10. benbking

thanks for linking my lazy self to the thread. like I said I was late to the party and didn't do my dilligence in searching. If i could, I'd close this thread. Once again, sorry for the duplication.

11. cbeer88

cbeer88 Crusader (716) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

Well - it's been 6 weeks, so we may as well bust out the dead horse beating stick...

I think it is pretty telling that this hasn't sold out yet. Also nice, because if it is good, I will happily buy it. Which is how beer is supposed to work...

12. dbexpert

dbexpert Aspirant (222) Sep 27, 2008 Maine

Over-priced for sure! $3-4 worth of liquid for $45. Another marketing ploy taking advantage of the 'craft' boom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.