Mass Shooting at Molson Coors campus in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by jmdrpi, Feb 26, 2020.

1. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (6,681) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

Reports of 7 fatalities at the Molson Coors campus in Milwaukee
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...lsoncoors-campus-unknown-injuries/4884282002/

No matter what some of us may think about their beer, this sucks.

Update via Molson Coors on Twitter:
    [​IMG]

2. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (7,070) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society Trader

Stop the world, I want to get off.

Horrible.

3. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Aspirant (242) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

Awful. Unclear if it's still an active scene.

FBarber and GreenBayBA like this.
  4. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,931) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families. This is a terrible thing to hear.

5. DcVines

DcVines Initiate (12) Dec 27, 2019

Terrible news. Lived in Milwaukee for many years and worked at lots of smaller brewers not too far from the Miller facility. I know thoughts and prayers don't help anyone in the short term but you really feel for everyone over there.

6. jmdrpi

Society

Tweet from Milwaukee Police:

[​IMG]
    Milwaukee Police @MilwaukeePolice
    18m

Update regarding the critical incident that occurred on the 4100 block of West State Street. There is no active threat; however, this scene is still an active.

FBarber, GreenBayBA and Bitterbill like this.
  7. DcVines

DcVines Initiate (12) Dec 27, 2019

FBarber and GreenBayBA like this.
  8. MNAle

MNAle Poo-Bah (1,728) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

Awful.

With all such things, however, the error content of early reports tends to be quite high.

Give it a few more hours, maybe a day, for the need to hit the interwebs with "breaking" news subsides and actual facts start to prevail.

9. Dan_K

Dan_K Zealot (519) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

What a terrible situation. I'm sad that I live in a world where angry people believe they are justified in murdering people at their place of employment.

10. Beejay

Beejay Poo-Bah (2,723) Dec 29, 2008 Virginia
    Society

Terrible, just terrible.

Bitterbill and AZBeerDude72 like this.
  11. Tilley4

Tilley4 Poo-Bah (2,188) Nov 13, 2007 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Man, this...sucks... thoughts go out to family and friends of those involved.... people suck out loud...

Bitterbill and AZBeerDude72 like this.
  12. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (3,157) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

13. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (7,009) Sep 24, 2007 Liechtenstein
    Society Trader

Disgruntled worker? We live in weird times, and sometimes the stress sends folks off. I hope the collateral damage is minimal.

14. cyclonece09

cyclonece09 Poo-Bah (1,653) Aug 5, 2008 Wisconsin
    Society

I grew up in Milwaukee. My next door neighbors worked for Miller. I recently moved back to Milwaukee. This one really hurts. I know we may belittle Miller and the like for their beer quality, but this really hits close to home, not just for me, but for many from Milwaukee.

Prayers to the victims.

15. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (6,409) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

Prayers for the families and friends of the victims. Just terrible and senseless

AZBeerDude72 likes this.
  16. rgordon

rgordon Meyvn (1,036) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

I know about guns but I hate the damned things. We have a collective sort of madness that rears its ugly head way too often. Man.....

17. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (2,266) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Action not words, from a gun owner myself

18. AccipiterofBeer

AccipiterofBeer Aspirant (250) Nov 28, 2016 New York

insane that this barely scraped the 24 hr news cycle. Just the world we live in these days I guess.

Jaycase, rgordon and beertunes like this.
  19. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,931) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

Sadly the news today is more concerned about clicks and hits and not reporting actual news.
    The old saying that Rock is Dead, I would add in News in Dead.

Greyvtrayn likes this.
  20. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Aspirant (242) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

Yes and sadly opinion and speculation are thriving. Pretty frustrating.

SABERG likes this.
  21. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (2,920) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

22. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Crusader (774) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

23. rgordon

BS. One just needs to know how to source information. News is not dead, a good portion of the public is brain-dead and doing too much time online. Just pay attention.

24. MNAle

Society

Agree, except for the online part. If you mean twitter, facebook, and that ilk, I agree. But I find online to be a tremendous resource for getting multiple sides to an issue. It takes effort, and you have to avoid the echo-chamber of only reading sources you agree with, but it is much easier to get a balanced view on line than with either print or broadcast.

bmugan, AlcahueteJ, Jaycase and 2 others like this.
  25. rgordon

That is what I meant. And as I said I really know how to source real info.My local paper is and always has been quite good. I have had posts disappear for saying "stuff" about FB. But I hate the platform. And Twitter, and Instagram....BBC is almost always my most reliable source of news about points far and wide.

26. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,228) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Jesus that's some nasty allegations. Milwaukee remains one of the most unsettlingly segregated cities I've ever been to (I think a lot is that the wards are split, racially, by the river which makes the transitions sharper) but if half of those claims are true that's just sick

27. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Crusader (774) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

This place makes Founders look like the United Nations...

28. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Initiate (139) Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

It isn't just the river but I would argue more importantly the freeway that physically segregates neighborhoods in this city. Back in the day the I-43 corridor was cut right through the main street of what was once a vibrant Bronzeville. This amounted to a geographic death knell for the neighborhood which has never recovered from the 8 lane wide gash carved into it because it was "the best place" for a highway. Systematic segregation has a long and complicated history in this city and any attempts at a serious discussion always get dragged down into the mires of race-baiting and classist shit-slinging. After some travels out of the region the last couple years I've come to realize how shameful and continually swept under the rug of an issue it is for Milwaukee. Expect a lot of cantankerous debating and bickering about it when the DNC arrives this summer. I'm hoping the light cast on it can do some good but remain pessimistic.

The article is paywalled for me on my mobile browser. Anyone care to sum up the allegations?

29. jmdrpi

Society

A summary of the specific incidents mentioned, most with named quotes:

30. MNAle

Society

If all of that is true, it would seem that at least first level supervision (and probably higher) turns a blind eye, and it would also seem that people either don't know how or are afraid to file a complaint with the EEOC.

People have been fired where I work for MUCH less!

beertunes likes this.
  31. jmdrpi

Society

Seems like it was both:

beertunes, scream and AlcahueteJ like this.
  32. BeerDrinkinGuy

BeerDrinkinGuy Initiate (53) Nov 2, 2018 Minnesota

I posted something on one of the Miller..er Molson Coors social media posts in terms of management should not allow that type of behavior in the workplace and they deleted it.