Massachusetts watch - Parabola 2017

Discussion in 'New England' started by jageraholic, Mar 28, 2017.

1. jageraholic

jageraholic Disciple (376) Sep 16, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Yeah, berkshires got it late last week. Sure it's gone already. Usually the stores only get a case so at least 12 bottles this year.

2. BeerHere978

BeerHere978 Initiate (116) Apr 29, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Acton Wine & Spirit has some as of noon today. They did a 'release' with a FW rep on Saturday. Claimed to have received more cases than anywhere else in MA.

3. Larueminati

Larueminati Aspirant (203) Sep 3, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Well I think I missed out, I called around like a madman the past two weeks and based on firestones website only two places near me got it. One place that was telling me they'd have it this week actually got it last week on the same day I called and they sold two cases in a few hours supposidly. Oh well

4. jageraholic

Beer Trader

Where in mass are you?

5. Capt_Quint

Capt_Quint Initiate (174) May 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Total Wine in Natick had 6 left when I left earlier tonight. Had to ask, its behind no the beer counter in the back. 1 pp, $9.99

6. Larueminati

Beer Trader

Springfield area

7. jageraholic

Beer Trader

Id think table and vine would get the most in the area but probably sell out fast.

8. Larueminati

Beer Trader

I called a few times last week and they said they wernt getting it until this week. Today Firestone's website listed them having it so I went and they told me they got two cases last week and it all sold in 4 hours.

9. nathanb47

nathanb47 Initiate (192) Dec 14, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

kappys in medford as well as total wine in Everett still had parabola today, no clue on pricing tho sorry!

dmd2210 likes this.
  10. joberlander

joberlander Disciple (345) May 30, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Jut tasted 1 of the 2 bottles I managed to get. So I recently had a 2015 parabola like 2 weeks ago and honestly it was one of the best beers ive ever had. With that bar set, this years was subpar IMO but still good. Its amazing how well they hide the alcohol because I got none. Tons of caramel and toasted oats. Good chocolate in the taste but there is something in the aftertaste that hangs around that isn't pleasant. I can't put my finger on it but its not good. Anyways, overall this years is still better than 90% of the BA stouts out there but no where near the 2015. I'll let the other bottle age and for those sitting on 2015s....Drink them now!

11. TheBirdSanc

TheBirdSanc Aspirant (211) May 23, 2012 Massachusetts

TW Danvers soft opening today, they have some

JoeK89 likes this.
  12. chrisfromboston

chrisfromboston Aspirant (262) Feb 20, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Happy to find a bottle on the shelf at Gordon's DTX last Thursday.

bostonwolf likes this.
  13. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk Devotee (459) Jun 5, 2014 Massachusetts

On the shelf near me. Passing it up at these prices. I like the smaller bottle, but $10 is ridiculous.

14. jageraholic

Beer Trader

Yeah, it's a tough call. It's one of my top 5 beers though, so I bought it and would do it again if I see it again

15. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (219) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Found it on tap at Burro Bar in Brookline last night. $14 for 12 oz. pour. Easy decision compared to Lunch at $15.

16. jageraholic

Beer Trader

Wow, that is thr most I've ever seen charged for Lunch.

17. MyIronLung

MyIronLung Aspirant (259) Oct 28, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Fifth Ave in Millis has it on the shelf, and no limit.

18. braineater

braineater Initiate (156) Dec 24, 2005 Massachusetts

That must have been a mis-print on their menu or someone misremembering the price they saw. I was there on Sunday evening and it was $9 for a 12oz Lunch, which is roughly in line with what I see it for around the city.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe