Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Memphis Zoo Brew - May 24th

Discussion in 'South' started by Volsdawg10, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volsdawg10

Volsdawg10 Mar 29, 2013 Mississippi

Figured I would start a thread on this for two reasons. One to share the event and two to hopefully get some more information on it.

Has anyone been to Zoo Brew at the Memphis Zoo in the past. It is this Friday and was just trying to get some more information or reviews from previous years. I have heard good things about it but was hoping to get some reviews from BA members.

I haven't been able to find that much information online for it. All it says is beers from around the world. I will probably still go but was hoping to get some more info.

http://memphiszoo.org/zoobrew

2. Mscarpen

Mscarpen Apr 2, 2011 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

Yeah, this event sounded like I had promise... But given that there are no details on the brewers or beers, the lack of news implies that this is going to be a rather basic even representing the local AB-INBEV basics.

Even given a smidge of info, I may have considered going.

3. Volsdawg10

Volsdawg10 Mar 29, 2013 Mississippi

Yea I agree no information did probably hurt their attendance a little. I still went though. Had a good time. They had 34 beer stands throughout the zoo. Most of the stands offered selections from a single brewery but there were a few that had a mixture of different offerings from different breweries. Each stand had a range of three to five beers to choose from. Sierra Nevada, Stone, New Belgium,Green Flash, Rogue, Brooklyn, Victory, Goose Island, Atlanta Brewing, Abita, and Yazoo all had stands so I was pretty happy with the selection. Them there were several German and Belgium stands with different offerings. Overall all I thought it was pretty good.

Mscarpen likes this.
  4. Mscarpen

Mscarpen Apr 2, 2011 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

Well, with the weather yesterday, it sounds like a great event. Might have to put this one on the calendar next year. Hopefully the zoo will be inclined to put some additional detail out in the public domain next time.

Thanks for posting the update!

5. CaptainPiret

CaptainPiret Oct 5, 2009 Luxembourg
    Beer Trader

Zoo Brew runs twice a year — Memorial and Labor Day weekends. So you don't have to wait too long!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe