Met Toronto Ale Brewing Co - Good Luck Gentlemen !

Discussion in 'Canada' started by redgorillabreath, Nov 20, 2016.

1. redgorillabreath

redgorillabreath Initiate (127) Mar 29, 2015 Pennsylvania

While traveling yesterday, I had the good fortune to meet two guys who are working on the launch of a new brewery. If the product makes the same impression and has the same integrity that they seem to have, it's going to be a fine brew.

http://www.torontoalebrewingco.com

Good luck and Cheers!

2. atomeyes

atomeyes Aspirant (292) Jul 13, 2011 Ontario (Canada)

is this Parkdale Brewery v2.0?
    website has nothing. no one's heard of this (generically named) brewery.
    did you have their names?

peensteen and bdemarco like this.
  3. peensteen

peensteen Poo-Bah (1,810) Apr 3, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

You've never heard of Toronto Ale Brewing Co.??!?!!??

Yeah, this sounds like absolute garbage...Parkdale 2.0 for sure

4. bylerteck

bylerteck Poo-Bah (2,823) May 17, 2009 Ontario (Canada)

"Luxury lifestyle beer" owned by an investment banking firm breaking into the Indian beer market. Huh?

5. TeemuWPG

TeemuWPG Initiate (70) Sep 14, 2016 Manitoba (Canada)
    Trader

This looks like it's being marketed as beer for bros who like going to the bar and paying hundreds of dollars for bottle service.

Electros likes this.
  6. bylerteck

"Share in our vision as we shape the future of beer"

"Our job is to make your drinking experience come true and provide you with the euphoria of ecstasy necessary for the ultimate enjoyment"

"Transforming what a beer can be"

"Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members are proud to serve Canada by defending its values, interests and sovereignty at home and abroad."

7. atomeyes

why the hell are we even talking about a fake brewery posting fake articles from fake newspapers?

the website's clearly some (awful) media-related project. there is no brewery.

(unless Paul Dickey was asked to design a lager for them...)

8. redgorillabreath

Yes - one guy's name is Jack Azimi.

Also, India and contract brewing was mentioned.

Being primarily a home brewer and not paying much attention to what's going on in the marketplace, perhaps combined with being in the states, I hadn't heard of these guys before. I am a little surprised about the vigorous response! Perhaps there's more to the back-story?

Cheers!

9. atomeyes

it comes down to one of 3 things:
    1. you're part of the con (which i sincerely doubt)
    2. these guys are liars and have set up a website as a joke or a form of self-entertainment (their take newspaper articles easily give credence to this)
    3. these guys are legit and have a half-baked business plan to export beer to india

was this your Jack Azimi? https://ca.linkedin.com/in/jack-azimi-7b5550b

toronto has a rich history of wingnuts setting up fake breweries and drumming up excitement and carrying the lie on indefinitely. we've been "waiting" 5 years for this nutjob to "open" his brewery. http://parkdalebrewery.com/ he's gone as far as designing cans for non-existent beer, setting up a merch shop that doesn't let you check out and, in the past, having his beer being served at non-existent toronto beer events.

10. redgorillabreath

That's the guy.

I didn't get his colleague's name, although this other guy was asking questions about what shelf life I had on my home brew.

It would be a real drag if it's along the lines of some "enterprises" mentioned above.

11. atomeyes

bottom line:
    no one in toronto knows of them or is talking about them and they likely have zero impact on the local beer scene (if they're even for real).
    we thank you for posting and caring. but this is a gross version of a craft brewery and ontario has more than enough of these.

12. atomeyes

also, their non-existent beer all has the same stupid fake name on their various fake packages. 1793 KROY. which means nothing.
    their beer's "distributed" by Kanoe Impex. google them. an indian company with zero info other than that.
    honestly, the more times i find this thread, the angrier i get :slight_smile:

13. SARVESH

SARVESH Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2017

14. SARVESH

SARVESH Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2017

Beer Business cannot be started overnight and especially if you enter manufacturing. It take year of research, building teams, taking permits and entering manufacturing contract. Sir John from Toronto Ale Brewing is in market from last 6 months in India. 1793 Kroy will be launched soon once excise policy is clear in Asia, Middle East and Africa while Sir John (made from Canadian ingridents) is being enjoyed by Indians and Middle Esterns.

Hope our friends here who were hostile support Canadian Business exploring abroad markets.

https://drinksanddestinations.com/2...rewed-in-india-beer-from-canadian-beer-major/

15. bylerteck

Cool

David_kent likes this.
  16. BakaGaijin

BakaGaijin Aspirant (270) May 20, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

The brewery that is supposedly going to contract brew this beer, Yuksom, has an average rating on Beer Advocate of 2.5 for their products. I'm sure this is gonna be awesome!!!!

David_kent and Electros like this.
  17. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Crusader (714) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

So, if I understand that poorly written article, this is a Canadian company that contract brews beer in India for India and other foreign markets?

Perhaps this should be moved to the Asia forums? Is this beer even available here?

Looking forward to reviews of the “well known” 1793 KROY!

18. BakaGaijin

BakaGaijin Aspirant (270) May 20, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

But........that "poorly written article" is posted on the self-proclaimed:
    Best Beverage Blog Award Winner 2015 & 2016 !!!!!

David_kent, Electros and Coronaeus like this.
  19. Derek

Derek Poo-Bah (3,584) Apr 2, 2005 British Columbia (Canada)

So is it 7.2% like the pic, or 6.2% like it says in the article (which also mentions 5, 8 and 12%)?

They should do an IPA, but ship it this way as a historic twist. Though now that I think about it, we get so much imported stuff... what’s going back on those ships? Grain and lumber?

#19 Derek, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Electros likes this.