MG - Before The dawn

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by heygeebee, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heygeebee

heygeebee Poo-Bah (1,557) Aug 6, 2010 Australia

Folks,

I see that Mountain Goat have released another Black IPA - Before the Dawn.

Interesting - I wonder if this means that the Thornbridge collab will not be re-released? - always one I had wanted to try - fresh of course, not now. Or indeed, if the MG rotation on limited releases (as per Web) is just a looooooonger rotate on their most well-received beer.

Cheers,

2. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Champion (893) Dec 29, 2006 Australia
    Beer Trader

Not sure on Thorny Goat, will see what i can find.

I see Before the Dawn has been well received in Melbourne, going off what i have seen on Twitter

3. Lukie

Lukie Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2007 Australia

Not doing the collab again. They slightly change the recipes each year, and they won't keep them the same.

4. joecast

joecast Meyvn (1,115) Jun 30, 2003 Australia

Ah, I see they have adopted my philosophy on (home) brewing. Change it up a bit even when it's good. :astonished:

heygeebee likes this.
  5. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Champion (893) Dec 29, 2006 Australia
    Beer Trader

Heard back from Mountain Goat and they said on Thorny Goat:

"not anytime soon. Doing a brew with them today in the UK tho'. Might come to Aus..."

6. heygeebee

heygeebee Poo-Bah (1,557) Aug 6, 2010 Australia

thanx for the info!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.