Michigan Beer Releases

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Fargrow, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fargrow

Fargrow Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Michigan

I'm new to the area and I want to try every Michigan beer that I can. I've noticed, though, that a lot of beers are released at a certain time and gone soon thereafter.

Which beers do I need to buy the day they're released, the week they're released, or just sometime that month? For example, right now I'm looking at the Devil Dancer in June... how fast will those go? Thanks!

2. patol8

patol8 Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2010 Michigan

Devil Dancer should be around for a week or so I would think, but if you really want it, try to buy it the day it hits the shelves, just to be safe. What area of Michigan are you living in? That could affect the availability of these beers for you, some get more than others.

Day - KBS, Oracle, BCBS, any Founders Backstage Series beer, maybe Shorts Key Lime Pie, beers like Beard of Zeus from Shorts, one would be wise to pick up the day of as well
    Week/Month - Hopslam, Double Trouble, most seasonal releases from Bells, Founders, Shorts.

Runninmixz likes this.
  3. Fargrow

Fargrow Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Michigan

Awesome, thanks. I'm in Kalamazoo. I haven't had any Shorts yet but I'm hearing some good things... definitely will have to check that out.

4. cetherid

cetherid Devotee (429) Aug 23, 2010 Indiana

If you do Facebook, check out the Drake Party Center FB page. They post on their page a lot and will let you know when certain beers hit their store.

TheGoof and Fargrow like this.
  5. TheGoof

TheGoof Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2013 Michigan

This is probably the best advice one can give/get in Kalamazoo. Drake has a phenomenal selection, and their customer service and social media usage are second to none.

For draft beers, Shakespeare's Pub is as good as it gets in Kalamazoo in these areas too, although Ted's been slipping a bit in the now-on-draft announcements on facebook lately (probably for good reason though).

Also, bottles that used to be on the shelves in Kalamazoo for a good month or two (e.g. Short's Freedom of 78 and Anniversary Ale) are starting to be one-day-and-gone beers, so it's very hard to tell any more. I got a case of Freedom three days after it hit shelves, two days after that I couldn't find another bottle.

6. Runninmixz

Runninmixz Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2012 Michigan

I will be waiting at the store for the Truck when Strawberry Short's cake, and Peaches and Creme come out. Key lime is not on the list this year :slight_frown: but yeah that one was a pain for me to find last year.

7. TheGoof

TheGoof Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2013 Michigan

You would actually be better off following Drake on facebook and asking them to hold for you. Sometimes a beer is gone before it hits the shelves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.