Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Michigan to Denver trip

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by aaronplayford, Jan 22, 2013.

1. aaronplayford

Does anyone know of good brewery's with good barrel aging beers available In Denver? Looking for both sour and bourbon barrel.

2. chicano4craft

You can still find Great Divide BA Ruffian on the shelves. Crooked Stave L'Brett D'or is going fast. There's a few barrel aged beers from River North.

3. aaronplayford

Hey Chicano. It's been a while. You want anything from Michigan?

4. carteravebrew

I haven't been to a liquor store in awhile (trying to cut some costs and stick to homebrew more) but last time I was (around New Year's), there was some Dry Dock Bligh's Barleywine, which is barrel-aged and personally one of the best beers I've ever had.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/12314/73910

5. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

Most of the Bligh's is gone, but they've made some posts on Facebook over the last 2 weeks featuring stores that still have (...or had) some. It's worth keeping an eye on their FB if you're looking to hunt some down.

6. quine

AC Golden Ctayt is still on shelves, I haven't seen BA Old Ruffian but BA Hibernation is on shelves. River North might still have some barrel aged saisons and imperial stout.

7. denver10

Elevation said a while back their Bourbon Barrel Aged Oil Man Imperial Stout should be on the shelves sometime in January. Recommended.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe