Midwest Charm

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Feb 21, 2013.

1. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Jan 12, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

I picked up a can of this as part of a mixed sixer a while back and was pleasantly surprised. Not a mind-blowing Farmhouse/Saison, but better than average I'd say (though it may have the worst label I've ever seen on a beer). It is the only beer I've had from Okoboji Brewing Co and I was honestly expecting it to be bad. What are others thoughts on this beer? Are other the OBC beers worth trying?

2. jera1350

jera1350 Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota

I actually really liked this beer quite a bit.

The only other one I've had from them was their Winter Games Stout which I thought was quite tasty. Had a nice black licorice component.

3. jjohnston884

jjohnston884 Feb 22, 2007 Iowa
    Beer Trader

We tried all of their beers last week. First time since they started actually brewing themselves. All had prominent lacto infections, oxidation, and the cans were all short fills. Hopefully they will fix these problems.

4. jera1350

jera1350 Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota

The ones I had were prior to this. Done by Great River I believe.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe