Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Midwest Charm

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Zealot (595) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

I picked up a can of this as part of a mixed sixer a while back and was pleasantly surprised. Not a mind-blowing Farmhouse/Saison, but better than average I'd say (though it may have the worst label I've ever seen on a beer). It is the only beer I've had from Okoboji Brewing Co and I was honestly expecting it to be bad. What are others thoughts on this beer? Are other the OBC beers worth trying?

2. jera1350

jera1350 Poo-Bah (2,095) Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota

I actually really liked this beer quite a bit.

The only other one I've had from them was their Winter Games Stout which I thought was quite tasty. Had a nice black licorice component.

3. jjohnston884

jjohnston884 Initiate (145) Feb 22, 2007 Iowa
    Beer Trader

We tried all of their beers last week. First time since they started actually brewing themselves. All had prominent lacto infections, oxidation, and the cans were all short fills. Hopefully they will fix these problems.

4. jera1350

jera1350 Poo-Bah (2,095) Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota

The ones I had were prior to this. Done by Great River I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.