Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Scandinavia Mikkeller Bar(s)

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Seanniek91, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seanniek91

Seanniek91 Jul 1, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Posted this in the Europe forum instead of the Scandinavian forum. My bad...

I couldn't find a thread about my question, so I figured that this place was the best forum to ask it.

I'm headed to Europe in September with my girlfriend and a couple other friends to ride the eurail. I was wondering what kind of prices the beer at either of the Mikeller Bars in Copenhagen are like. I know that they've had Bourbon Vanilla Dark Lord and Rare DOS and other highly sought after beers, but are the prices so outrageous that it wouldn't be worth my time?

I appreciate any advise on this. Still trying to put together a list of breweries, shops, and bars I need to go to.

2. deeblo

deeblo Dec 17, 2011 Antarctica
    Beer Trader

I'd highly recommend visiting the Mikkeller bars. The prices are on par with every other bar in Copenhagen but the quality and selection are much better. Most beers on draft are 20-40 kroner for a 20cl pour. Don't expect to find BVDL though. It was only on tap for the opening of Mikkeller & Friends.
  3. Seanniek91

Beer Trader

I figured that the BAVBDL was just a special, and I'd most likely not be able to get it. Thanks for the input though!
  4. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

You can see what taps are on at the two bars on the website: http://mikkeller.dk/the-bars/

Prices are on the higher end of Copenhagen with special beers going for 50-60 per 20cl pour, but most Mikkeller and other Danish beers cost, as deeblo said, around 30-35.
  5. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

Got a BCBVS at Mikkeller bar for 30 bucks! Total steal IMO.
  6. HenrikO

HenrikO Jun 19, 2011 Sweden

If you're into sours at all Mikkeller & Friends is a must. Ask to see the _full_ cellar list... They've had things like Lou Pepe Geuze 2003, Framboos and Blabaer in the past, at reasonable (for whales) prices. Think I paid somewhere around 150 DKK for the LPG2003.
  7. Seanniek91

Beer Trader

I'll definantly have to check that out!
  8. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

It also should be noted that the bottle list at Mikkeller Bar Viktoriagade is even better ;)
  9. HoppyKilaMonster

HoppyKilaMonster Feb 7, 2013 Pennsylvania

I was told that some of the HF Civil Disobedience series was sold at mikkeller bars early last year. Is this true, and if so, was it to go, or on site consumption only?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!