Misdelivered package help

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Johnnyramirez, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Nov 17, 2012 California

Was expecting a box today, get a ring at the door and there's a box. But it's addressed to someone down the street. I head to their house and give it to them and sure enough they got a package addressed to someone else as well. I check my tracking # and it says delivered, so I'm assuming it was dropped off at the wrong house. What can I do at this point besides calling FedEx?

I'm already prepared to take the loss and ship my box anyways, but it's kind of a bummer honestly. I was looking forward to my KBS and Pentagram

2. kmello69

kmello69 Nov 27, 2011 Texas

Walk up and down the street and check for any boxes. :slight_smile:

Seriously, I did this before when I had a box go missing. I never found it, but I was damn well going to try.

Sounds like your FedEx driver is fantastic at his/her job.......

ET678, bugdoc and Johnnyramirez like this.
  3. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Jun 23, 2009 Washington

Grab a bullhorn and stand in the middle of your neighbourhood yelling:

"HAS ANYONE SEEN MY PACKAGE!?!"

(seriously though, I might take a walk around your 'hood looking for other boxes on doorstep and take a ninja peek at the labels if there are any...)

Good luck!

4. Johnnyramirez

I think Imma do that in a bit. I don't wanna look weird though. But I want my damn KBS

5. kmello69

If anyone asks, just explain. Your story totally makes sense, and SOMEONE has your box.

6. Johnnyramirez

What was the end result? Did someone deliver the box to you?

7. kmello69

Nope, it was never found. Sad day. Someone enjoyed some wonderful beers, but it wasnt me......

8. Johnnyramirez

Hopefully they try one of the beers and return it to me in disgust. Did you file a claim with FedEx?

9. kmello69

I think the shipper did, but I dont know the outcome. I think its common that they just say it was delivered, and assume either you got it and are trying to scam them for insurance $ or someone stole it. If you dont pay for signature service, I think you're basically screwed, unless it just happens to turn up.

Hopefully you have neighbors who will just bring you the box, once they realize the delivery was wrong.

10. Johnnyramirez

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I figure I'm screwed here. I walked around my neighborhood and saw nothing. Gonna drive around more of it in a bit to see if I can see a box. I just want my KBS.

11. bramsdell

bramsdell May 27, 2011 North Carolina

Multiple mis-delivered packages on the same street?

Sounds like your KBS is gone, but at least you have an idea of the culprit.

12. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts

Don't go around looking for it. Call fed-ex and tell them what's going on. They'll contact the driver. This happened to me once and the guy went back to re-deliver it.

Johnnyramirez likes this.
  13. Johnnyramirez

Just got off the phone with them, he's not answering their calls but said that they usually call back quickly.

This is where my beer karma hopefully rewards me.

14. Mjmoser

Mjmoser May 6, 2012 Illinois

Johnny,

I had an issue a few months back where Fed Ex claimed to deliver the box but I never got it. I called and they opened a "chaser" and the FedEx driver swore he dropped it off at my house. They closed the case and I was SOL. A week later I got a call from a random dude who had my box in his lobby. I guess after a week he realized it didn't belong in his building and called the number on it. Hopefully a kind hearted person will drop it off or call and tell you where it is.

If still SOL, hit me up and I can get you a few KBS....

eyeenjoybeer and Johnnyramirez like this.
  15. Johnnyramirez

I appreciate it. I called and they put a trace and are trying to contact the driver. I'm crossing my fingers right now.

I'm also having FedEx hold all my packages at their office now regardless of how busy I am that day

16. mocktm

mocktm Jan 3, 2011 Virginia

Had this happen to me recently. Called FedEx to put a trace on it and they called me back the next day. However, the person who it was mis-delivered to had already brought it to me. She lived 4 streets down...lucky she was honest! Seriously annoying though...

17. Johnnyramirez

A wonderful lady called me and said she has my box. I'm going to pick it up in a bit. Thank god for good citizens!

18. kmello69

Looks like that beer karma worked after all. Enjoy that KBS!

19. sandiego67

sandiego67 Feb 25, 2008 California

He should have his girlfriend follow up with "Someone grabbed my box!".

20. oldp0rt

oldp0rt Feb 24, 2011 Canada (QC)

Lady could have been chugging down that kbs like there's no tomorrow. :grinning: woot woot for karma.

21. ET678

ET678 Mar 10, 2013 Florida

She probably thought it was soy sauce

Johnnyramirez and oldp0rt like this.
  22. oldp0rt

oldp0rt Feb 24, 2011 Canada (QC)

Or the box said (snowglobes) and she hates those damn things

23. evilcatfish

evilcatfish May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

Lots of people have seen my "package"

Thread Status: