Mixed Six-Packs on the South Shore

Discussion in 'New England' started by brewme, Feb 16, 2019.

1. brewme

brewme Crusader (729) Mar 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Anyone know of any places on the South Shore (work in Rockland, live in Plymouth) that allow you to make your own six-packs?

2. Foamykeg

Foamykeg Disciple (318) Jan 24, 2013 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Craft Beer Cellar, Plymouth
    Craft Beer Cellar, Braintree
    Bernier’s Liquors
    Luke Liquors, Rockland

Only ones I can think of right now...

3. brewme

brewme Crusader (729) Mar 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Luke's, like Kappy's in Norwell, only makes available really-old orphans. CBC charges ridirculous prices for mixed six-packs.

4. nathanb47

nathanb47 Initiate (162) Dec 14, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

I work at a store in Kingston and I wish we did but again the pricing is exorbitant and also inventory issues would drive me nuts. CBC you say has ridiculous pricing but its inline with a markup of a single can/bottle price

5. gruffyboy

gruffyboy Initiate (42) Oct 10, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Yeah, Luke's just has a few random singles for purchase. For me, CBC Braintree is the best bet - I don't mind paying a bit extra for a mixed 6

6. CLipsett

CLipsett Initiate (26) Jan 4, 2017 Massachusetts

Muckeys on 44 in Lakeville does also. Easy ride down 44 from Plymouth. Berniers in Bridgewater rocks though, def check them out.

7. LeRose

LeRose Meyvn (1,426) Nov 24, 2011 Massachusetts
    Society

Yankee Spirits does, but kind of a haul from Plymouth. cLosest would be Attleboro and Swansea.

Can confirm that Muckey's in Lakeville does and they have a pretty good selection.

What about WInes and More in Wareham?

8. DrinkingThe413

DrinkingThe413 Initiate (46) Jan 29, 2019 Massachusetts
    Trader

Word of warning though, if Yankee Spirits in Attleboro and Swansea are like Sturbridge, you are not able to break a lot of the local 4 packs into singles unless they're already broken on the singles shelf by the staff.

LeRose likes this.
  9. LeRose

LeRose Meyvn (1,426) Nov 24, 2011 Massachusetts
    Society

Hmmm...good point. If it is an open four/six pack (ie, not a closed box) I have not had any problems with it. When it is a "box", then they won't let you break it open.

DrinkingThe413 likes this.
  10. DrinkingThe413

DrinkingThe413 Initiate (46) Jan 29, 2019 Massachusetts
    Trader

Interesting. I wonder if it's a Sturbridge only policy. They have a section of the more popular local 4 packs (Night Shift, Exhibit 'A' etc.) that have signs saying 'no singles off this shelf'. 90% of what's on the shelves don't have that rule though.

LeRose likes this.