Mixed up ball lock valves on korny kegs - HELP!

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by MannyMcDanny, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MannyMcDanny

MannyMcDanny Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2012

So I mixed up my ball lock valves on a korny keg like a complete noob in a rush getting ready for a party and now as you can imagine they are stuck. I have read on here that people have used pliers to get them off when they are stuck like this but I can't understand how pliers would help me at all right now. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

2. Jahsteve

Jahsteve Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2012 Connecticut

a spark plug socket might work...

3. mikehartigan

mikehartigan Aspirant (294) Apr 9, 2007 Illinois

Not sure how a wrench might be employed. My one experience with this issue ended by simply wrestling it off. In my case, nothing broke. I understand many have not been as lucky.

organicbrewer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.