MLB '17 stadium beer selection thread

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BBThunderbolt, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socon67

socon67 Poo-Bah (2,587) Jun 18, 2010 New York
    Society

Went to the Angels home opener. There were some solid options on the 100 level. Saint Archer, Firestone Walker, and the Ballast Point area in the food court.

2. JayORear

JayORear Meyvn (1,471) Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I've walked from the top deck to Public House for 20oz of Blind Pig more times than I can count.

ElijahSF likes this.
  3. RBassSFHOPit2ME

RBassSFHOPit2ME Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2009 California
    Deactivated

How many innings do you miss on average from leaving your seat to returning?

4. JayORear

JayORear Meyvn (1,471) Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Depends. I get my first one when entering the park, the second about fourth inning, and, if a third, before the seventh-inning stretch. After the opening of the game, the line's not as awful as beforehand. Somewhere around 1/2 to a full inning, I guess. My main point is that 20 oz. pours of BP are worth it!

ElijahSF likes this.
  5. strohme2

strohme2 Meyvn (1,063) Nov 3, 2007 Michigan
    Trader

Went to Comerica Park today, first game of the year. Free tickets from work let's me explore the beer selection. The Craft Beer Corner along the right baseline is usually pretty solid with lighter, drinkable session beers. Popped in here on my way to right field:
    [​IMG]
    Got myself a KBS. It was a nice surprise and I think CoPa has great beer selection but no where near other parks in the country.

DrewSnyc667, bbtkd and HardyA like this.
  6. Redrover

Redrover Poo-Bah (3,629) Jan 18, 2003 Wisconsin
    Society

Went to Miller park last weekend. Happy with the beer selection and the Cubs win.

Now if only Wrigley would add more good beers to mirror the product on the field...

7. ChittyChambers

ChittyChambers Aspirant (277) Jan 12, 2016 Maryland
    Trader

Manor Hill IPA in cans are now available at the park too along with some Union Products(Duckpin, Steady Eddie). It is slowly getting better. Love the firkin fridays too.

8. erichxedge

erichxedge Initiate (126) Nov 29, 2009 California

I live 3 miles from Dodger stadium ... Usually Ill just stick with XX Lager 24oz cans there. Cheapest option. There are some El Segundo beers floating around, along with Golden Road. Angel Stadium seems to do better than the Dodgers. Ballast Point and Firestone almost everywhere and Saint Archer has their own right field bar now.

In my opinion, no one touches PetCo in SD ... By far the best options and prices across MLB

http://www.petcoparkinsider.com/petco-park-beer-guide

PS - Go Red Sox

9. HardyA

HardyA Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2013 Michigan
    Deactivated

Surprised they still have KBS on tap from opening day. They didn't have the Dragonsmilk Coconut on opening day which I like more than KBS.

10. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (4,163) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I had a Hop Devil and a Sunshine Pils there last night. The "Brewerytown" concessions, of which there are a bunch, had both.

JackHorzempa likes this.
  11. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (5,617) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

My wife and I went to the game last Sunday. Troegs Sunshine Pils was on tap at The Alley Brewing biergarten and I saw Hop Devil on tap at several Brewerytown kiosks. It looks like it will be a good season - for beer.

Cheers!

thebeers likes this.
  12. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (4,163) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Yeah, the Sunshine Pils was great. The weather was great. The 14 - 4 loss, not as great.

JackHorzempa likes this.
  13. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (5,617) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

More reason to continue drinking tasty beer!?!:rolling_eyes:

Cheers!

P.S. If the Phillies continue to perform like this they should permit beer sales after the 7th inning.:wink:

BBThunderbolt and thebeers like this.
  14. sefus12

sefus12 Aspirant (238) Sep 7, 2006 Massachusetts

On top of that my buddy's brewery, Pollyanna Brewing out of Lemont, is on draft and in cans at the White Sox stadium. Great stuff if you haven't tried them. Cheers!

(and Go Cubs Go!)

15. Socalfan21

Socalfan21 Aspirant (231) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Does anyone really need to watch all 9 innings anyways?

JayORear likes this.
  16. socon67

Society

Made it to the Mets game last night. The Empire Craft concessions (sections 416 & field level around 132) are the best bet. LIC Beer Project Dutch Kills and two Mikkeller offerings specific to Citi Field are all in tall cans for $10.50. Loved that they don't pour it into a plastic cup as well.

At Yankee Stadium it is still a barren wasteland for craft. The Bronx Summer ale was the best option I found, though I did hear that in the Jim Beam bar there are decent beers on draft.

nickfern likes this.
  17. nickfern

nickfern Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2015 New Jersey

Any intel on what's available at SunTrust Park?

18. socon67

Society

The only thing I'm aware of at Suntrust is the Terrapin pub. Chopsecutioner sounds like a fun beer to enjoy at the new digs.

nickfern likes this.
  19. not2quick

not2quick Savant (964) Dec 1, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but when I go to the ball game I go for the cheapest domestic. At Busch the best deal would be domestic draft 20oz for $9.50(BL, Bud, Select) They brought back the 25oz tall boys this year. I believe it is $11 or $12 for the ones I already listed plus Coors Light, Busch and PBR.

20. Sorithin

Sorithin Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2016 Ohio

Surprised no one's mentioned Progressive Field in Cleveland yet. So many local breweries have their own stands with food, too. Fat Heads, Great Lakes, Market Garden, Brew Kettle, etc. with roughly 4+ of their beers on tap. Then there's a bar in the upper level that's pour-yourself and it has local stuff from Jackie O's, Thirsty Dog, Willoughby Brewing, Platform, Butcher & the Brewer and bigger breweries like Bell's, Yuengling, Stone, Dogfish Head and more. It's definitely solid. Even have a bar called "You Dad's Beer" and it has PBR, Miller Lite and such :wink:

Domestic beer is only $4 for 12 oz.

22 oz. of Fat Head Head Hunter and those craft ones are $10.75, if I remember correctly.

ohiobrew likes this.
  21. dlcarst

dlcarst Initiate (155) Aug 21, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

Yes you're in the minority. This is a craft beer forum. We gladly pay triple (or much more) the price of cheap domestic beer for craft in a liquor store, so I don't think we're going to worry much about the extra 25 cents that craft beer costs at Busch stadium.

22. not2quick

not2quick Savant (964) Dec 1, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

Yes I like craft too. I've got more than a mortgage payment of beer in my basement. It's just personally when I go to a sporting event I opt for the lowest $ per oz available. I'm cheap and I enjoy the challenge of the ultimate bargain. It's quite the thrill.

23. BasterdInABasket

BasterdInABasket Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2010 Wisconsin

Reef likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.