Modern Times League of Partygoers and Elegant People (2021)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Yabu, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf13

wolf13 Zealot (748) Dec 11, 2014 California
    Trader

From what I've seen, @dcgunman isn't much of a spellchecker on here, so I'm 99.9999999% certain that error was completely accidental.

2. BigC1981

BigC1981 Initiate (79) Mar 3, 2021 California
    Trader

Can someone please post the included btl list for 2021 league?

3. SDReaper

SDReaper Pooh-Bah (2,150) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I got the theory one for ya...

INCLUDED BEERS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
    The included bottles listed below will never be offered for sale to the public, and those labeled as "Theory Exclusive" won't even be offered to League members.
    • (2) 22oz Bottles of Monster Tones — Theory Exclusive
    • (2) 22oz Bottles of Monsters' Park Coconut S'mores Edition — Theory Exclusive
    • (2) 22oz Bottles of Wizard Blend: 3-Year Blend Edition — Theory Exclusive
    • (2) 22oz Bottles of Dragon Mask Aged in Super Luxe Single-Producer Bourbon Barrels w/ Ugandan Vanilla — Theory Exclusive
    • (2) 22oz Bottles of Modem Tones Aged in Bourbon Barrels w/ Vanilla
    • (1) 22oz Bottle of 2021 Wizard Blend
    • (2) 22oz Bottles of Suggestion of Mass Aged in Maple Bourbon Barrels: Affogato Edition
    • (2) 375ml Bottles of New Atlantis: Sangria Sour Edition
    • (2) 375ml Bottles of Lemon Meringue Sour
    • (2) 22oz Bottles of Ice Cream Truck (BA Waffle Cone Variant)
    • (1) 22oz Bottle of MT Coffee Cake: Apple Streusel Edition
    • (2) 22oz Bottles of Beastmonster: Espresso Macaroon Edition

wolf13 likes this.
  4. BigC1981

Trader

Thanks! Does anyone have the league list?

5. NicIsAwesome

NicIsAwesome Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2014 California
    Trader

League list:
    • (2) 22oz Bottles of Modem Tones Aged in Bourbon Barrels w/ Vanilla
    • (1) 22oz Bottle of 2021 Wizard Blend
    • (1) 22oz Bottle of Suggestion of Mass Aged in Maple Bourbon Barrels: Affogato Edition
    • (2) 375ml Bottles of New Atlantis: Sangria Sour Edition
    • (2) 375ml Bottles of Lemon Meringue Sour
    • (2) 22oz Bottles of Ice Cream Truck (BA Waffle Cone Variant)
    • (1) 22oz Bottle of MT Coffee Cake: Apple Streusel Edition
    • (1) 22oz Bottle of Beastmonster: Espresso Macaroon Edition

wolf13 likes this.
  6. Daniel_T

Daniel_T Aspirant (271) Feb 19, 2015 California

Any ideas on what Herb Wheatroom might be?

7. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

Basil Hayden

8. wolf13

Trader

Completely slipped my mind we're getting S'mores bottles again this year. I thought that might've gone to League and been replaced by something new... then I remembered we haven't had a fest in a long time with a special Theory beer that might've otherwise been the replacement. :/

BeerBaron666 and SDReaper like this.
  9. BigC1981

Trader

Do you know if Monster Tones was a theory exclusive in past years, or is this something new for this year?

10. HaveABeerWithErik

HaveABeerWithErik Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2020 California

This is Monster Tones batch 4. According to one of the League admins, that bottle has always been and will always be Theory-only. It's basically the flagship Theory bottle.

11. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Zealot (748) May 13, 2009 California
    Trader

always been theory only

12. Brent212

Brent212 Pundit (890) Jan 13, 2014 California
    Trader

It's the theory exclusive poster child.

13. wolf13

Trader

One caveat, while bottles of Monster Tones have always (and apparently will always) be Theory only, MT does put kegs of Monster Tones on tap at most locations (and at certain festivals), so you can try it then. They have also occasionally had bottles available from time to time for Theory to buy for on-site only consumption here and there, but that is HIGHLY unlikely with this batch and sales changes due to COVID.

I have strong suspicion Monster Tones will be on at least at Leisuretown for start of pick-ups next Wednesday if you're jonseing for a taste. It will probably not last too long once words gets out. League and general public historically CANNOT get crowlers of Monster Tones when it is on tap at MT locations.

14. SDReaper

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

For those that wanted to get ahold of Monster Tones:

"MONSTER TONES & COOKIES. Get stoked, a super limited number of sixtels of our illustrious nectar known as Monster Tones (2021) will be hitting select tasting rooms starting this Wednesday (Lomaland & Anaheim) and Friday (Portland & Oakland). This 13.5% elixir of a dessert stout was born by blending Monsters' Park and Modem Tones, both aged in bourbon barrels that previously housed maple syrup. Once blended, we conditioned the whole glorious shebang on heaps of freshly-roasted coffee beans, toasted coconut, and a luxurious mound of vanilla to create a supremely delectable potation. It's worth mentioning that a pour of this good-good pairs beautifully with our delicious new Mocha Crackle Cookie Sandwiches (Loma/Ana/PDX), and $1 of each cookie sale goes to @roc_united to benefit the incredible folks of the restaurant industry. This week marks a year since lock-down began so we think it's high time you treated yourself to something special, friend—you've earned it."

15. SDReaper

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

^^Small update to that. It is being said in the league FB group that there isn't a lot that got kegged. So I would probably make plans to go the day it goes on...for lunch, or else a really really early dinner.

16. RossM

RossM Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2015 California

Didn’t see Dinosaur World on the presale email today...did something happen or did the League get them all?

17. Dimidiata

Dimidiata Pundit (812) Jul 14, 2017 California
    Trader

It was pretty close to selling out when Theory limits went up today. Might sell out to the League tomorrow, we'll see.

RossM likes this.
  18. 562Brew

562Brew Crusader (477) Mar 5, 2018 California
    Trader

They’re brewing batches for special release cans out of Anaheim and Portland now as opposed to San Diego, so they’re smaller batches.

I think they had a lot of canned offerings from last year, sit around to-go for a long time, so it makes sense.

Dimidiata, RossM and Brent212 like this.
  19. HaveABeerWithErik

HaveABeerWithErik Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2020 California

I think the confusion also comes from the fact that Dino World was announced on their IG as part of the public sale, but not in the email or the caption, and in the comments they told someone it sold out.

*Edit: NVM, the comment strictly mentioned the presale email, but there's confusion on IG as well.*

#160 HaveABeerWithErik, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.