Monkish (2022)

Discussion in 'US - West' started by dcgunman, Jan 4, 2022.

1. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Initiate (125) Apr 27, 2017 California
    Trader

This is definitely the biggest collab Monkish has ever done. Reminds me of when Sierra Nevada dropped that Tree House collab IPA a couple years back.

2. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (2,110) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Wait. What?

3. G_Z_a

G_Z_a Initiate (148) Feb 2, 2015 Oregon

It was some sort of east vs west thing. SN tried to make an east coast ipa with a west coast twist I think and paired with a few other breweries. I might not be remembering that entirely correct.

unlikelyspiderperson likes this.
  4. skelliott

skelliott Initiate (77) Jul 2, 2013 California

East Meets West IPA from the Beer Camp Across the World box

unlikelyspiderperson likes this.
  5. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (2,110) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Ah, I actually remember that beer. I loved those boxes. But somehow I didn't register it was a collaboration with tree house. Probably because I had no idea who tree house was at that time.

It's probably pretty fun for the brewers from these smaller places to get to mess around with the serious industrial scale set ups at these larger breweries.

6. G_Z_a

G_Z_a Initiate (148) Feb 2, 2015 Oregon

Picked up a 4 pack of Be Like Bamboo last weekend in Anaheim. Good stuff. Also enjoyed the other 2 I tried there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Initiate (125) Apr 27, 2017 California
    Trader

Looks like non-BA Little Twin Stars made its return (after 3 years since the last batch) at the Firestone Walker Invitational. What’s the over/under on Henry actually bottling it this time? Batch 1 is legitimately the best non-BA stout I’ve ever had and it always felt like such a tease that aside from some festival appearances I couldn’t take it home in a bottle. Stuff is liquid gold.

8. SoCalBeerIdiot

SoCalBeerIdiot Crusader (708) Mar 10, 2013 California
    Trader

My favorite beer of the entire year that year :fire:

310gts and Fippy_Darkpaw like this.
  9. R1c0rtez

R1c0rtez Initiate (35) Oct 5, 2012 California

Haven’t been to Monkish in quite a while, haven’t even stepped foot in the Anaheim location. Henry still brewing during operation hours or is he ghost? Used to be able to chat him up a bit but that’s been years

10. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Defender (625) Jul 9, 2010 California

I rarely see him or Adriana

R1c0rtez likes this.
  11. Craft_Drinks

Craft_Drinks Initiate (27) Oct 4, 2017 California

Henry and his wife were in Anaheim during opening weekend and I haven’t seen them since. The staff in anaheim are amazing tho!

AlmostDeadly777 and R1c0rtez like this.
  12. asong_net

asong_net Initiate (97) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

He’s been at Torrance location the past few times I’ve visited

13. R1c0rtez

R1c0rtez Initiate (35) Oct 5, 2012 California

So I ended up at Torrance today and I just asked Chelsea (who actually remembered my face) who said “it’s been a while” , which it totally has definitely 2+ years. I asked how often Henry or Adriana are here ; she said typically Monday’s/Tuesdays. So I’ll be aiming for one of those days to pop open a 8+ year old Lavender Stout Henry brewed ages ago to celebrate my BS in Electrical Engineering. Not exactly sure if it held up well, but we’ll find out haha

14. D09daryl

D09daryl Initiate (140) Mar 11, 2017 California
    Trader

Have a can of coffee carl that's going on 5 years, maybe I'll pop by too haha

UnknownKoger likes this.
  15. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151 Aspirant (268) Jul 25, 2010 California
    Trader

While on one hand I enjoy getting a variety of Monkish delivered to my gate/door with the click of a button......

I do miss the BA weekly/daily posts about line updates, lot lizards, resellers, paying your rent, line shares, lawn chairs and all the other events that accompanied a can release.......haha...

Still great. Foggy Window DIPA.

[​IMG]

jrnyc, J-loco, jamesar and 4 others like this.
  16. dcgunman

dcgunman Meyvn (1,348) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Society Trader

What a day to have a 4 can release at MonksA. All 4 collab with OH. 2 hazy’s & 2 west coast. Must be a hundred outside. H2O on the side.

jamesar likes this.
  17. annakarina

annakarina Aspirant (221) Jul 29, 2016 California

Aw damn, I missed the IG post and two of the four releases are already sold out. I’ve been waiting for some new beers to pop up before building a case too.

lucius10 and dcgunman like this.
  18. dcgunman

Society Trader

No IG here. Saw it on Untappd. Got all 4. 4pk ea

19. annakarina

annakarina Aspirant (221) Jul 29, 2016 California

The TIPA and DDH DIPA are both sold out on their shipping page. Probably because they were up for four hours before I saw your post.

I grabbed the other two along with Going Timeless, Flip Fly Flows, Galactic Rhythms, and Still TIPA'in.

20. dcgunman

Society Trader

I didn’t bother with Monks cans. Only the OH collabs. I haven’t been feeling the love lately from most Monk releases. I’m down to a 4pk or 2 per month. I have been feeling the love from Cheeky lately. Monk releases are still good, but nothing like the old original recipes. Plus Cheeky is getting ready to open its new location very soon. Only a 2 1/2 mile walk there and hitchhike back. Or uBer. I hope it’s not another pizza joint.

jamesar and lucius10 like this.
  21. atomicpunk5151

Trader

I don't know... This new batch of Rinse in Riffs DDH DIPA is pretty good. Galaxy and Citra.

[​IMG]

J-loco, LocestLXCX and dcgunman like this.
  22. atomicpunk5151

Trader

When the temperature is 110 to 115 degrees out... that calls for a Triple IPA right...... ??? What??

STILL TIPA'IN - 10 % - Strata, Citra, and Riwaka. Excellent.

Very drinkable. Dangerous.....

[​IMG]

jamesar likes this.
  23. dcgunman

Society Trader

I’ll have to agree with you on this one. Foggy Windows has and still is one of my favorites from these monks. This one is available bout every month.

atomicpunk5151 and J-loco like this.
  24. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,850) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Condolences on the passing of Jean-Luc Godard.

annakarina likes this.