Monkish Brewing (2020)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by dcgunman, Jan 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NWH83

NWH83 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2009 California

Same here

m34josh likes this.
  2. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

Struck out too.

m34josh likes this.
  3. _pat_

_pat_ Devotee (364) Apr 26, 2016 Washington

Yep no dice, at least I got lucky last time.

m34josh likes this.
  4. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

The problem I encountered was that they use a different ecommerce platform for their shipping sales so I couldn't populate the fields with information from their standard site. Over it.

5. thetastywort

thetastywort Zealot (519) Jun 2, 2011 California
    Trader

400 cases.....selling out in less than 5 min. Amazing. Sucks for me and others who missed out. Happy for Moniksh that they sound as though they are still maintaining operations with limited (hopefully) impact to their bottom line.

6. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

Also struck out, tried to just use apple pay and that didn't work either. I feel like there are about 20 cases going out so its like the lotto.

m34josh likes this.
  7. hikanteki

hikanteki Crusader (405) Oct 11, 2013 California
    Trader

Constantly reloaded, prepopulated my address/CC info into my web browser, added mixed pack + checkout within 30 seconds...all gone. :-\

However the California Reality pack was still available to add to my cart for a hot second afterwards, but that too disappeared within another 30 seconds.

Ah well.

m34josh likes this.
  8. Miruguy

Miruguy Zealot (631) Nov 22, 2010 California

If anyone is interested in splitting a case of California Reality, let me know. I am in South OC (Laguna Beach). I went for the mixed case and it sold out so I pivoted to the other case, but don't really want a full one. I'm not going to ship it or drive anywhere, so if you are local and want to pick it up let me know.

9. hoppedout

hoppedout Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2018 California

Would love to, DM'd.

10. Miruguy

Miruguy Zealot (631) Nov 22, 2010 California

Looks like this one is done.

11. jacincm

jacincm Crusader (450) Mar 29, 2018 Pennsylvania

The problem is that they release on Shopify which is a very exploitable platform, especially in the sneaker community.

You really need a bot to even have a chance

m34josh and IQBlue like this.
  12. J-loco

J-loco Savant (1,018) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

people spending their stimulus checks already

13. bret27

bret27 Pooh-Bah (2,900) Mar 10, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Ya mine showed up today.
    Also people should pass on the word to not support these secondary sellers that are hogging up all the beers.

14. Space_Cowboy85

Space_Cowboy85 Devotee (330) Dec 24, 2018 Texas
    Trader

It makes me happy when people who trip over themselves to buy Monkish cans get their feathers ruffled.

m34josh, beronberon and BeerBaron666 like this.
  15. jnance88

jnance88 Zealot (548) Jun 10, 2014 California
    Trader

I just refreshed at 9:59 and had no issues getting two 4 packs. *Shrugs*
    Now let's see how the pick up goes. Heading there about 3.

16. MonkeyBread

MonkeyBread Maven (1,308) Apr 26, 2014 Nevada
    Trader

Why don’t they just raise their prices. Clearly the demand is monumentally higher than the supply. Instead they are letting resellers make a profit by marking up 100% - 200%. Just raise your prices and make more money. It’s better than giving these secondary sellers a business. Took a quick glance a EBay just to see. All kinds of people selling the beers released just yesterday for $50 - $60 per four pack.

17. Rbarnes4381

Trader

I just checked my email and somehow my order went through even though it said sold out. Not sure how that happened but I have a confirmation for mixed case.

thuey likes this.
  18. Rbarnes4381

Trader

If they did that I wouldn't buy them, I'm sure they could still sell-out without me though. I honestly don't know who pays secondary, I have sold some stuff in the past but I have never paid it. It baffles my mind that people do pay it though.

19. StonedRaider

StonedRaider Zealot (722) Oct 25, 2007 California
    Trader

While I understand your point, you’d likely alienate many of the casual customers. Many people are oblivious to the secondary market and would not take kindly to Monkish “capitalizing” on it. This would be a perfect example of a small minority of shitlords profiteering on someone else’s product and ruining it for everyone else.

pinballplayer likes this.
  20. MonkeyBread

MonkeyBread Maven (1,308) Apr 26, 2014 Nevada
    Trader

To clarify, I’m not saying raise them to same level as secondary market. But if they’re selling out in 10 seconds at $20 - $25 per 4 pack, consider increasing to say $30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.