Monkish Brewing Co.

Discussion in 'US - West' started by HopHead89, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HopHead89

HopHead89 Oct 20, 2016 California

well whats the scoop then bro!?

2. tokimedo

tokimedo Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

Not my place to discuss and I'm sure when they are ready they will give out info, but what that dude said about them doing an IPA is true

micahburns, R1c0rtez and HopHead89 like this.
  3. HopHead89

why wouldn't this be the place to dicusss broskies!? its the perfect place to discuss. come on spill the beans!?

4. da_beer_badboy

da_beer_badboy Feb 9, 2017 California

A little birdie just told me about the IPA they're cooking up with De Garde.

Yowza.

This is going to change the game 100%. Beer won't be the same after it.

So hype. Can't believe someone is actually going to try to do this... long thought to be the holy grail...wow...

5. ScottWoerner

ScottWoerner Jan 5, 2017 California
    Trader

I heard about it too, earth shattering. The TH and OH line sitters are already booking flights to get in line. Getting Monkish will be much harder from here on out.

R1c0rtez likes this.
  6. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

I'd expect something akin to HPB Feed the Cats then? Or perhaps that one cloud IPA that was messed up they threw into barrels for laughs?

They already did F.A.I.L. and The Frais which were shorter lifespan (maybe) beers.

7. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Apr 27, 2017 California
    Trader

Henry posted a photo on Instagram earlier today and you see can a coolship in use in the photo. If rumors are true about an IPA, then it's definitely a wild fermented one.

R1c0rtez and HopHead89 like this.
  8. ElijahSF

ElijahSF Aug 30, 2013 California

Which isn't exactly a game changer, but I'm sure it will be good.

9. HopHead89

Monkish is going for 1-2 Releases this week. Hold on tight...:astonished:

Ponzu4u likes this.
  10. J-loco

J-loco Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

11. HopHead89

sorry bro, i'll try to contain my self, last time they had 2 releases they released Socrates

12. tokimedo

tokimedo Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

they could just be using the vessel for open fermentation instead wild fermentation, so i wouldnt totally count on it being a wild IPA.

13. Frosty11161

Trader

Not that I'd buy it, but what ever happened to that Bahn Mi beer they were making?

14. corgistout

corgistout May 8, 2014 California

I actually asked Henry about this at Extreme Beer Fest. Sadly, I got too drunk to remember what his answer was.

RaulMondesi and AyeDogg like this.
  15. J-loco

J-loco Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

Only way to remember is to get drunk again. Drunk memory ftw.

16. SDReaper

SDReaper Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

17. crowlcrowlcrowl

crowlcrowlcrowl Jun 13, 2014 New York
    Trader

[Heavy Breathing]

18. HopHead89

WTH never got the notification...
    :flushed:

19. SovereignGood

SovereignGood Jan 11, 2016 California

You mean you're not on the pre-pre-pre list? :sunglasses:

R1c0rtez likes this.
  20. SDReaper

SDReaper Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

You are still new'ish to the beer game, you still have a lot to learn.

HopHead89 likes this.
  21. HopHead89

does that ever happen to ya on the monkish IG notifications?

22. Frosty11161

Trader

Great Scott!

That's borderline time travel level of pre's now...

SovereignGood likes this.
  23. crowlcrowlcrowl

crowlcrowlcrowl Jun 13, 2014 New York
    Trader

24. HopHead89

You know these Friday Releases get jam packed. I can only imagine how it's going to be @ Monkish today, especially with the EB Growler Fills. Glad I went to the GHOST release.

25. pro100

pro100 Oct 12, 2014 California

Got off work at 2pm today.. drove down there and the line was not bad at all. Got my two four packs and was back on the 405 North in no time. But after work hours might be crazy though.

26. R1c0rtez

R1c0rtez Oct 5, 2012 California

Probably wasn't bad because they started selling at 1. All the parking lot flies got in and out. Had a constant flow instead up an initial line of 200+ people

OTB likes this.
  27. OTB

OTB Sep 2, 2011 California

Yea, the Friday early can releases are great for us that have lives, I can drop in on my way home and grab a growler without the lot lizards roaming like hungry lemmings.

Cheers,

28. OTB

Met some friends for after work drinks tonight at Monkish, super chill, all the day traders were long gone, really liked the Battle Scarred Shogun, my sweet spot with Monkish is their DDH beers and this one is as fantastic as they've done, The crew gave me a " holiday pour " of the "I Wish I Was A Kid Again",massive beer, incredibly hopped but a bit to boozy for my palate, fun but I couldn't drink a lot of this styled beer. Finished with a Relax Your Mind, IMHO the best beer on the board tonight.

Cheers,

#108 OTB, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  29. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

I had never been on a release day until today, and I was only there to get my spectacle bottle and maybe a growler, but if cans are being released,why not grab some!
    I must say, these things are crazy, I never understood what a haze bro is but now I understand. I also never understood the people bringing mules. I am glad I experienced it, but I hope I never show up on a release date again.

30. OTB

Sounds like you walked into the inevitable, once is more than enough, IMHO its a pretty pathetic aspect of beer culture. At Monkish its the same 20% buying 80% of can releases, as much as I like Monkish beers I cannot stand the can release culture, hopefully soon it will all go away.

Cheers,

TrojanRB, elproducer, jrnyc and 2 others like this.
  31. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Feb 8, 2017 California

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT MONKISH SELLING RAINBOW TEKUS WAS THE NEWEST FAD AND COULDN'T GET ANY BETTER , WELL NOW WE HAVE... REUSABLE GLASSES WITH MONKISH CAN LABELS OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGWTFBBQ!1 FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :dizzy_face::scream::crazy_face::dizzy_face:

P. S. CAPS lock is srs bsns

Frosty11161, HopHead89 and R1c0rtez like this.
  32. dcgunman

dcgunman Jul 1, 2009 California
    Society Trader

Want...NOT!

Hype_Train likes this.
  33. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

$35? I mean, I wouldn't pay $10, but $35 is crazy. I have some of those glasses in my cupboard, can I slap a monish label on it and sell it? If so ISO: Monkish labels FT: 1 empty budweiser tall boy

Hype_Train and swanfungus like this.
  34. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California

I mean.. goddamn, henry literally printing money now.

this is just... kinda sad.

maltznhopz, R1c0rtez and OTB like this.
  35. AlexM

AlexM Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

FUGLY AS F*CK

ScottWoerner, Hype_Train and OTB like this.
  36. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

This was always the inevitable result of haze lines becoming the status quo. Just be glad Henry's not going the Abnormal route and bundling his IPAs with some dumb shit like some limited edition fedoras or cargo shorts.

ElijahSF and elemenohpee1 like this.
  37. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California

I could potentially think "Okay, that's a neat design" if it was actually screen printed labels from their more loved labels. Like the backpack full of cans or jfk to lax. But it looks like they just took the remaining label stickers and slapped them on the surplus of glassware that the dudes probably took out back to their dumpster.

R1c0rtez likes this.
  38. OTB

I would hope that these are not left over labels, they would not make it through one dishwasher cycle, and it does say re-usable doesn't it ? I could care less, they're all going to the same 35-40 lot lizards that consume 80% of all things Monkish. Are we getting close to jumping the shark ? Dayum, I do love their beer though.

Cheers,

39. jnance88

jnance88 Jun 10, 2014 California
    Trader

BBA Magnificat in house only? Damn...

UnknownKoger likes this.
  40. OTB

Surprised ?

R1c0rtez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.