Quebec Montreal Breweries and Bottle Shops

Discussion in 'Canada' started by parkingphi, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parkingphi

parkingphi Initiate (66) Dec 2, 2008 New York
    Beer Trader

I'm going to be taking a vacation up to Montreal at the beginning of July. I was wondering what breweries I should go to other than DDC. I also was hoping to find a bottle shop to stock up on Canadian crafts.

2. papat444

papat444 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2006 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Benelux, l'Amere a boire La Succursale and Cheval Blanc are can't miss brewpubs, after DDC. Vices & Versa is a good beer bar with 30+ taps, all Quebec micros. Peluso and Veux-tu une biere are my favorite bottle shops. You won't find selections from other provinces but there's enough from Quebec to make you happy :)

Look for Naufrageur (esp. St-Barnabe), Dunham, Hopfenstark and Trois Mousquetaires. There's more but that's all that comes to mind with a hyperactive toddler in my arms :D

3. ricochet173

ricochet173 Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2011 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Is there any way we can get a mod to sticky this? Because we get this topic every other week, and it's always the same answers.

4ster likes this.
  4. mynie

mynie Poo-Bah (3,294) Jun 22, 2004 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

All the brewpubs are solid but DDC was the only one I really thought was worth seeking out. Overall, the Canadian beer scene is strikingly different than the US' and I'm glad I went outside of my usual beer comfort zone and stopped by a wide variety of bars--not just beer-specific ones.

5. hoser

hoser Disciple (358) Feb 17, 2003 Alberta (Canada)
    Subscriber

There should be a sticky note for Cantillon questions to.

FondueVoodoo, Rutager and papat444 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

No fake news here. Get real beer content delivered to your doorstep every month.

Subscribe