Moody Tongue to release Shaved Black Truffle Pilsner on Nov 14 through an online lottery

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Todd, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,556) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew

THE MOODY TONGUE BREWING COMPANY SHAVED BLACK TRUFFLE PILSNER, BREWED WITH AUSTRALIAN TRUFFLES HARVESTED BY THE TRUFFLE & WINE CO., WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH AN ONLINE LOTTERY ON NOVEMBER 14

The new Shaved Black Truffle Pilsner, brewed with premium Australian black truffles, will be released to 500 randomly selected individuals and debuted in Chicago during the beginning of December

Moody Tongue Brewing Company’s Shaved Black Truffle Pilsner; Australian black truffles showcased in the new beverage (Photo credit: The Truffle & Wine Co.)

WHAT: On Friday, November 14, 2014 from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., a limited release of the new Shaved Black Truffle Pilsner by Moody Tongue Brewing Company will be made available during a five hour window via an online lottery. Shortly after entries are completed, 500 names from the list will be randomly selected and notified in an e-mail from Moody Tongue with instructions about how to purchase and pick up their beer at a specified location in Chicago. Each selected individual will be offered one 22-ounce bottle, and the remaining names on the list will be added at random to a waiting list. The 500 selected individuals will remain on the list and will have access to future batches, unless they choose not to purchase, in which case their spot will be given to the next individual on the waiting list. The Shaved Black Truffle Pilsner will also appear in select Chicago-area culinary establishments in December 2014, including Grace, RPM Italian/RPM Steak, and GT Fish & Oyster where the beverage will be available to restaurant patrons.

WHO: For the 500 individuals selected to join the list, Jared Rouben, Moody Tongue’s President & Brewmaster, will be on site during the Shaved Black Truffle Pilsner’s distribution in Chicago. Rouben will personally hand out the bottles and speak to the beverage’s unique qualities and the culinary brewing process behind it, showcasing how The Truffle & Wine Co. Australian black truffles are hand-shaved and incorporated while brewing to create the beer’s flavor and aromatic profile.

The Truffle & Wine Co. unearths fresh truffles from late May through August in Western Australia and is the source of the T.melanosporum black truffles (known in Europe as the Périgord black truffle) used in the creation of Moody Tongue’s special culinary beer. The freshly harvested truffles from Manjimup, Western Australia are favored by the most exclusive Michelin-starred chefs (Thomas Keller at the French Laundry and Per Se, Curtis Duffy at Grace, Josiah Citrin at Mélisse, and more).

WHEN: The official registration website will be made available to the public from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m./CST on Friday, November 14, 2014.

WHERE: The entry form can be accessed at the following website: http://www.moodytongue.com/blacktruffle

COST: The Shaved Black Truffle Pilsner is $120 per 22-ounce bottle.

ABOUT THE TRUFFLE & WINE CO.
    The Truffle & Wine Co. farm is the largest single producer of the T.melanosporum truffle in the World. The freshly harvested truffles are from Manjimup, Western Australia and are destined for fine dining restaurants, not only in Australia but around the globe. The world-class truffles are favored by the most exclusive Michelin Star Chefs (Thomas Keller at the French Laundry and Per Se, Josiah Citrin at Mélisse, Curtis Duffy at Grace, and more) who feature the truffles on menus throughout the U.S. Australian Truffle season is late May through August. Visit http://www.truffleandwine.com.au to learn more. To order truffles, contact Frank Brunacci at 219-798-5662 or frank@truffleandwine.com.au.

ABOUT MOODY TONGUE BREWING COMPANY:
    Moody Tongue Brewing Company is located in Chicago’s burgeoning Pilsen neighborhood under the direction of acclaimed brewmaster Jared Rouben. Moody Tongue, a nickname for a beer drinker with a discerning palate, features “culinary brewing,” Rouben’s original approach to brewing that utilizes cooking methods alongside exceptional seasonal ingredients to produce sexy, clean, balanced beers in popular styles. Find Moody Tongue online at http://www.moodytongue.com or connect with the brewery on Facebook and follow @MoodyTongue on Twitter and Instagram.

###

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35410/144521/

2. HugePrnceFan1999

HugePrnceFan1999 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2011 Indiana

And here we all thought the $120 price was for on-site consumption at restaurants and included that markup.

Over/under on selling all 500 tickets?

3. Vav

Vav Aspirant (257) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

The specified location will be my store, FYI, which is Binny's on Marcey St.

4. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (5,075) Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

The next Midwest instawhale.

5. mkez

mkez Initiate (69) May 2, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

Truffle beer? Sounds awful.

6. Chibeerguy1

Chibeerguy1 Aspirant (294) Jul 7, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Ha, no thanks.

7. SPLITGRIN

SPLITGRIN Poo-Bah (1,620) May 13, 2003 Kentucky
    Trader

Holy shit! This one takes the cake here people. I hope there is a great bit of reason involved here. In other words I hope they only sell a small portion of these tickets. I would have a very hard time paying this for a 23 year Pappy Van Winkle Barrel aged brewed with unicorn tears and dry hopped with Walt Disney's bone marrow. Where does it end?

almostjay and ohiobeer29 like this.
  8. beerwolf77

beerwolf77 Poo-Bah (1,588) Jun 5, 2009 Wisconsin

9. mjanowicz1

mjanowicz1 Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2014 Illinois

and the ratings on this beer are average so......

10. chazmcbro

chazmcbro Initiate (96) Sep 7, 2010 Wisconsin

Never underestimate rich people with the ability to try things "because they can."

Mitchell57 likes this.
  11. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Meyvn (1,308) Jan 14, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

That's the cost of 20 yr Pappy. There's no "market" or rationale. It's literally the same price I paid for a bottle of 20 yr Pappy at Binnys last year.

12. Mitchell57

Mitchell57 Initiate (160) Jan 8, 2013 Wisconsin

But whales, bro

13. uiucphoenix

uiucphoenix Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2010 Washington

Just got my email:

"We are excited to share that you have been selected to join the list to receive a bottle of Moody Tongue's Shaved Black Truffle Pilsner."

Still figuring out wether I want to drop the money on it two weeks before emptying my wallet on BCBS...

14. AstraXtreme

AstraXtreme Initiate (124) Mar 21, 2014 Wisconsin

Do it. Post a video downing the whole mofo in one chug and then refill the bottle with the tears, sweat, and anger that will ensue here. Not many of those chances come along. :grinning:

Mitchell57 likes this.
  15. dlino11

dlino11 Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2013 Illinois

My brother and I a splitting a bottle so it doesn't drain the beer fund as bad as paying full price. Curious to see what the FT value will be.

16. bambinichole

bambinichole Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2014 Ohio

I bet it great salty earth taste yummy but 120 a bottle. .... yeah you can @$!# yourself

uiucphoenix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.