Moonraker Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by atomicpunk5151, Jan 10, 2019.

1. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151 Initiate (173) Jul 25, 2010 California

Starting up a new thread for Moonraker Brewing 2019. 2018 saw a big expansion to a 2nd brewing facility. Also Cans reached DISTRO all over Sacramento, parts of the SF Bay, and parts of SoCAL. More Barrel Aged Stouts in bottles as well.

Got to try the first batch of Yojo for 2019. Solid for sure. No real change with their defacto flagship beer.

[​IMG]

Also a collab with HPB just came out as well.

KevSal likes this.
  2. ChazMania

ChazMania Initiate (198) Jun 13, 2006 California

Had my first Moonraker beer when I picked up a 4pk of Chain Shot IPA over Christmas from a store in Orange County; it was excellent, clear, clean, crisp and bitter WCIPA. Need more of that in San Diego!

3. vinylfiend1

vinylfiend1 Initiate (63) Jun 8, 2013 California
    Trader

Cabana hammock was tasting great tonight , juice hop bomb

atomicpunk5151 likes this.
  4. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (114) Feb 8, 2017 California

Just had wicked whisper last night.. Holy shit just straight barrel! :heart_eyes: I got more of buffalo trace than 4roses but it was so delicious. Glad I grabbed a few bottles.

5. atomicpunk5151

Got back up to Moonraker this weekend. Got to try the BA Wicked Whisper. As @Hype_Train mentioned above, a lot of Barrel for sure, stood out.

[​IMG]

Several great WEST Coast IPAs as well. RIIPRaker was great. The Paradise Valor was good.

...and as @vinylfiend1 mentioned, Cabana Hammock was a juice bomb. Very, very good.

[​IMG]

Hype_Train and jakecattleco like this.
  6. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (1,651) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Trader

Moonraker has quickly become one of my favorites. Amelia, Atomic Betty, Chain Shot, Hollow Bones, Low Viz, Straight Fire, Yojo...all top notch stuff. I’m glad they’ve made limited distro to Orange County.

7. riotontheroad

riotontheroad Devotee (410) Apr 7, 2010 California
    Trader

anyone know if Amelia is a one-off, or if its brewed year round?

8. atomicpunk5151

All of their beers are rotating. They don't do a year round or flagship beer. Yojo is probably the closest with it being brewed about every 2 months.

Looking back they have done Amelia about 4 times over the last year since it came out in April 2018. Dec 6, August 23, June 7, April 21. So every few months.....

Best bet for future release updates is here: https://www.moonrakerbrewing.com/can-releases

Or on their IG feed: https://www.instagram.com/moonrakerbrewing/?hl=en

9. riotontheroad

riotontheroad Devotee (410) Apr 7, 2010 California
    Trader

thanks for the info!

10. dcgunman

dcgunman Crusader (752) Jul 1, 2009 California

11. atomicpunk5151

@dcgunman

The RIIP guys were up here doing the collab in Auburn, Ca in early December. It looks like RIIPRaker is only here at Moonraker on tap as well as a few other Norcal accounts.

Cans did go out to distro here in Sac and San Jose, so you might see it down in SoCal.

I thought it was a great West Coast Double IPA. Clear beer!

Frosty11161 and dcgunman like this.
  12. dcgunman

dcgunman Crusader (752) Jul 1, 2009 California

Thx @atomicpunk5151