More Bourbon County

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by berserk4886, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berserk4886

berserk4886 Devotee (337) Oct 26, 2007 California

"The recent lease of a new barrel warehouse on AB's dime has allowed Goose Island to double the size of its barrel program and will soon lead to Bourbon County Stout being made available available year-round. This news will be received well by beer enthusiasts who sometimes wait in lines for hours just for the privilege of purchasing a bottle."

http://chicagoist.com/2012/04/16/the_honk_heard_round_the_world_goos.php#photo-1

I'm just waiting for all the, "BCS was waaaay better before it got so mainstream" threads that will eventually pop up.

2. Retail1LO

Retail1LO Initiate (0) May 4, 2011 Pennsylvania

Great read. It'll be an interesting evolution at GI for sure.

3. KzooBeerBrian

KzooBeerBrian Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2011 Michigan

why did the hipster burn his mouth on the pizza.

because he took a bite before it was cool.

sullenbee, Skye1024, pschul4 and 5 others like this.
  4. BeRanger

BeRanger Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011 Michigan

It will definitely be quite some time before the year-round ensues.. A mere doubling of the barrel program doesn't get it to year-round status. Any increase will be fantastic. But yes, I do agree that there will be plenty of "I liked it before it was mainstream and I had to hunt down single bottles within a 50 mile radius" comments.

5. Patchmaster

Patchmaster Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2010 Indiana

My 2011 is already starting to fade with this news. I used to be able to taste the rareness.

6. Retail1LO

Retail1LO Initiate (0) May 4, 2011 Pennsylvania

Since it's going to be a year round beer and distributed damn near everywhere, at some point or another, trade value ought to drop considerably. Best get some value for your stock while you can, boys. Now accepting all BCBS trade offers. LOL

pschul4 and injuredreserve like this.
  7. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2011 Michigan

Should I just change picture and replace the BCBS stuff with Miller Lite?

This has got to be such a cash cow for these guys. It will be nice being able to get this whenever I want.

8. KzooBeerBrian

KzooBeerBrian Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2011 Michigan

Isn't Miller apart of coors-miller and not AB-inbev?

9. BeerMeFitz

BeerMeFitz Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2011 Illinois

Year round BCS ...... is this heaven?

10. Kayn169

Kayn169 Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2011 Illinois

I will bet with the large distro, it will still be a pain to get. Year hound will prob be more like, a case every 3- 6 months

11. RTrain12

RTrain12 Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2010 Illinois

Let's see how long it takes to mass produce BCS Rare. AB know's people will drop $45 bucks on this beer.

12. raymo55

raymo55 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2011 Michigan

Don't believe the HYPE!
    [​IMG]

13. ClubberLang

ClubberLang Crusader (422) Jun 1, 2007 Illinois

So you'll be able to find it on store shelves year round. I remember when it was like that before.

14. JakeT469

JakeT469 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

And BCBS wasn't cool then and won't b cool once the year round thing kicks in.

15. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

It doesnt need to be cool, it just needs to be delicious :slight_smile:

averagejake872, stevegoz and MichPaul like this.
  16. JakeT469

JakeT469 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

I'm well aware of this. I'm just being a smart ass. It was delicious back then and should b delicious in the future.

17. DrDoitchbig

DrDoitchbig Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2009 Michigan

If they mass produced Rare it wouldn't be the same beer. Pappy Van Winkle barrels are getting extremely scare. We'll be lucky to ever see Rare again let alone a mass run of it.

18. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Initiate (0) May 8, 2006 Michigan

I am not sure I am a fan of this move, and it is not due to any hipster, mainstream BS kinda argument. I like seasonal beers, I like release days, it makes the beer special. There is always the joy of cracking your first one of the season. With this change, that feeling is gone. I will readily admit that limited and seasonal releases come with their own problems and it will be nice to have greater ease in obtaining this beer but that does not mean I have to like the decision. Either way, no skin off my back.

19. RTrain12

RTrain12 Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2010 Illinois

Good point. But with the kind of money AB has, I'm sure they will do everthing in there power to recreate this beer if they want to.

20. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

If they did this with say KBS or Dark Lord I might be sad as 1/2 the fun is the release day. But with BCBS there isn't a release party or anything, it just hits the market. While I totally understand and partially agree with your arguement I'm still happy theyre doing this as BCBS is my personal gold standard when it comes to basic BBA Stouts

averagejake872 and DrDoitchbig like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.