More Brewing Co. (StB)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by joshdaut, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

Dil_thebeerdrinking_do Aspirant (291) Jan 21, 2014 Georgia
    Trader

Plot twist... lines and chaos is so outrageous they sell all three bottles the first day. Pissing off eveyone imaginable.

2. Chuckdiesel24

Chuckdiesel24 Champion (887) Jul 6, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

I’m ok with this

FBarber, GuyFawkes, YoDudeguy and 5 others like this.
  3. Dil_thebeerdrinking_do

Dil_thebeerdrinking_do Aspirant (291) Jan 21, 2014 Georgia
    Trader

Same.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  4. Beaufordman

Beaufordman Initiate (69) Oct 6, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

So real opinion question. I have two ppl willing to wait for me but won’t be able to wait until 7am. I can go whenever I want. Do I

A) wait in line myself and go much earlier to ensure one bottle?

Or

B) wait until they can go at 7am, chance to get three bottles but possibility of missing completely if the line is crazy and there are more ppl than bottles.

Alternative suggestions welcome

5. Bbear

Bbear Initiate (126) Oct 26, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

You're really asking people on here for suggestions to mule? Here's a suggestion: jump in a river.

6. BenJames

BenJames Initiate (168) Mar 3, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Unfortunately i think if you wait until 7 you'll end up with 0 bottles all 3 days. The fact several hundred were in line for b2 by 6 am.....this is dld weekend so even more people will be in town and not to mention barrel aged.

7. Beaufordman

Beaufordman Initiate (69) Oct 6, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

Ok I probably should rephrase that. I have two friends of mine who live close. I will be waiting in line with them as well or alone. Should have said it better. Not just random ppl.

8. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Aspirant (267) Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Go early and hang with the people in line next to you. When your buds get there, walk back and share/talk. When they are doing tickets/scanning, move back up and the people near your chair in line will know you belong there.

jaysker95 and Beer_Economicus like this.
  9. kodt

kodt Zealot (570) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois

Get there early, and try to have them cut in line with you. You can be sure hundreds of others will be doing the same thing.

10. Quilentro

Quilentro Initiate (192) May 12, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Guys, I’m in line now and I’m cold alone and hungry. There’s a raccoon staring at me menacingly but the scarier thing is the man petting the raccoon.

I think he is whispering “soon.”

“He’ll fall asleep soon.”

Guys, I’m getting sleepy but I’m afraid. I want to go home to my family. But... vanilla.

I think my family will be disappointed if I don’t stay. Right? Dad...?

FBarber, GuyFawkes, jaysker95 and 7 others like this.
  11. croush

croush Defender (646) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Looks like this raccoon purchase is paying dividends for me.

12. Hop-Trollop

Hop-Trollop Initiate (76) Apr 27, 2012 Illinois

This is the most ridiculous beer release I’ve ever heard of.

See you there.

13. Chris_H_2

Chris_H_2 Aspirant (232) Jan 3, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

So real opinion question. I have a “friend” (pictured) who will be placed into line. He’s quiet and likes puzzles. Never really moves around much. I reckon he’ll be there by, hell, I guess I could put him in line now.

I can’t get there until 9 am Friday morning. Should I be a true BA’er and line cut to join him and act like nothing happened, or just roll the dice ... you know what? Nevermind. I have my answer.

[​IMG]

14. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Aspirant (219) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

People still make neckbeard jokes?

15. hey5hitgoose

Trader

I guess don’t quit their day job?

16. hey5hitgoose

Trader

Solid troll post. Highest of quality

17. Chuckdiesel24

Chuckdiesel24 Champion (887) Jul 6, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

You win

Edit: but the reward is not BA henna

FBarber and GuyFawkes like this.
  18. flat_lander

flat_lander Devotee (420) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Premium Trader

Solid enough to quit my day job?

FBarber likes this.
  19. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Aspirant (256) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

Not sure if this has been discussed, More mentioned Villa Park having a 'NOISE' ordinance, not a 'People outside in public before 7am" ordinance. I say get there as early as you want and do nothing more than a whisper to each other. Everybody wins. I'm waking up at 2am and making the drive from west Michigan, should be there by 3-330cst, and ill be damned if im not going to line my silent ass up at that time.

20. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,199) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

Has the makings of a Hollywood movie. Villa Park: A Quiet Place, neckbeards & their mules must queue in silence while hiding from police & a 3rd party security firm which patrol exclusively by sound.

21. Chris_H_2

Trader

I happen to know someone that’s available for the lead just waiting to reprise a previous role. Here’s a sneak peak of him and his mules:[​IMG]

FBarber, JakeT469, GuyFawkes and 6 others like this.
  22. KCUnited

KCUnited Initiate (166) Nov 11, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Or after a hobo dies in line, Weekend At Bernies: BA Henna Release.

FBarber and GuyFawkes like this.
  23. Chris_H_2

Trader

The fact that I was able to post gif of Weekend at Bernie’s and a pic from Forest Gump in succession tells one everything they need to know about this thread. It’s a gift that keeps on giving.

FBarber, JakeT469, GuyFawkes and 4 others like this.
  24. weirdalchy

weirdalchy Initiate (90) Jan 23, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

One of the best posts I've ever seen on BA, Bravo. This release is going to be amazing.

25. jlsims04

jlsims04 Devotee (472) Jul 14, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

FT: Eventbrite Tickets
    ISO: Dusty Cellar Whalez

Decided to golf Saturday instead lol.

26. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Aspirant (285) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Premium Trader

Disappointed in Chicago Entrepeneurs...just looked on Chicago's Craigslist and there are no Postings for people to stand in line at More this weekend...way behind Tampa in this regard where many are hired off Craigslist and even given easy to spot uniforms for The Mule Handler as hired mules have a tendency to wander off when given cash and or have gotten the bottles

27. ADTaber

ADTaber Meyvn (1,218) Apr 29, 2011 South Carolina
    Premium Trader

No

28. YoDudeguy

YoDudeguy Initiate (96) May 5, 2015 Illinois

You people are goddamn insane if you think getting there by 7am won't get you a bottle. This is how this kind of bullshit happens. Internet rumors, FOMO, then people line up at fucking 2am.

29. YoDudeguy

Dude, you actually suck.

JakeT469, donovansill, xdtfx and 3 others like this.
  30. RS0924

RS0924 Aspirant (243) Mar 30, 2015 Illinois
    Premium Trader

Ordinance or not, people will line up, bottle share and be dicks, it's a fact that sucks and makes everyone in line look like assholes. What could possibly hurt More is if the VPPD spends a lot of their time for 3 days monitoring the people in line and answering noise complaints. Will the VP residents appreciate that their tax dollars are being spent monitoring neckbeards at a beer release? I don't think they will. That is what may determine if they move releases off site of go back to tickets or a lottery.

31. YoDudeguy

At this point I'm hoping that tomorrow is such a shitlord show that they have to figure something else out for Saturday and Sunday.

32. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Aspirant (267) Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

The bar to clear is the Kentuckley/Bark Lord release of 2017 where a woman threatened to mow the line down with her car. Then she did a re-run and put us on Facebook live. Does VP have a resident crazy lady who's willing to top that?

JakeT469, JJ_17, GuyFawkes and 6 others like this.
  33. RS0924

RS0924 Aspirant (243) Mar 30, 2015 Illinois
    Premium Trader

What More also didn't mention is VPPD has the right to shut down the events. Almost happened during henna b1 when the one moron decided to piss on the neighboring business' property.

Beer_Economicus and Zoomslowik like this.
  34. stevegoz

stevegoz Aspirant (255) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

It really would've been a thing if More had done a timed online ticket sale in which each person would opt for a single bottle of one of the three variants. Just about everyone who tried for a bottle would've likely gotten one, and those of us with friends could've entered into agreements as to who would go for which specific bottle and shared 'em.

Of course, that wouldn't build hype that leads to crazy pretrades so....

35. kodt

kodt Zealot (570) Mar 6, 2013 Illinois

People are already talking about camping overnight on the Facebook groups. One guy says him and a buddy are going to close out More tonight and then just stay there camping outside.

Beer_Economicus and Jaycase like this.
  36. YoDudeguy

That is probably the most sad pathetic thing i will read all day.

37. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Aspirant (256) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

why, because im going to be ahead of the game and embrace my inner fomo? based on your responses, you have not come to terms with your fomo and think that everyone will get there at 7am, be orderly and this will go off without a hitch.

FBarber, jaysker95 and Jaycase like this.
  38. YoDudeguy

Wow. you REALLY, actually suck.

39. Chris_H_2

Trader

I repeat: one. bottle. of. beer.

40. RexKramer

RexKramer Initiate (146) Jan 19, 2011 Illinois

does anyone know if there will be honey buckets for those of us camping out over night?

I’ve got a nervous bladder so peeing outside in front of a bunch of hobos is worrisome.