More Brewing Co. (StB) - (2018)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by joshdaut, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RS0924

RS0924 Devotee (336) Mar 30, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Wonder when we will start seeing bottles show up for huge trades or max profits. I know Bottle Logic checks for that shit and bans people that do it.
    I struck out, but at least we don't have to deal with the few that show up at 1AM that hold spots for 50++ other people only looking to "bottle share" up near the front.

eppie82, Jaycase and Bbear like this.
  2. xdtfx

xdtfx Savant (1,212) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I think Eventbrite likes my work connection. Refreshed at the stroke of noon, put a Friday ticket in my cart and checked out without a hiccup. Same experience I had with Chaos 17 tickets.

3. RexKramer

RexKramer Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2011 Illinois

Same here. At least I had a shot of getting a bottle via the ticketing system. The only problem I see, and this is nit-picky, is that the relative ease of trying likely resulted in more people attempting to get tickets. So instead of 500 mid-range to hardcore beer geeks lining up at ridiculous hours, you might have had 1000 people pushing the 'Get Tickets' button.

On the plus side line cutting, littering, and public drinking have been removed from the process.

There's never going to be a perfect solution, but they're at least listening and trying new things.

#1703 RexKramer, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    GuyFawkes, eppie82 and RS0924 like this.
  4. WIBeerSnob

WIBeerSnob Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2017 Wisconsin
    Trader

Similar experience here. I just have regular Internet Explorer at work. Just incase, I started hitting F5 every 2 or 3 seconds when my computer clock computer hit 11:59. Soon as 12:00 came around I was able to select Sunday, and was purchasing the ticket before I knew it.

GuyFawkes and xdtfx like this.
  5. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (1,110) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

You misspelled "Twitter."

6. THANAT0PSIS

THANAT0PSIS Pooh-Bah (2,201) Aug 3, 2010 Wisconsin
    Pooh-Bah

It's been said, but the people upset about this are hilarious. Why you would ever choose to spend literally half a day (or more) instead of ten minutes on lunch break is so far beyond my comprehension that I just...I just can't. Probably something to do with, "This leaves it open to people who aren't as dedicated as I am, bro. Only those dedicated enough to spend eight hours in line have earned the right to get the beer!"

Breweries cannot win either way because everyone is always going to feel entitled to a beer they didn't get one way or the other. I think it's beyond comical (and I didn't get tickets).

core42, kbergen28, GuyFawkes and 3 others like this.
  7. HawksBeerFan

HawksBeerFan Maven (1,354) Dec 24, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

We should really just give all these beers to people based upon their BA registration date :wink:

8. WIBeerSnob

Trader

More control I guess. Doing this online you can't control the situation by improving your odds. However, if there's a line outside the brewery you can almost guarantee yourself a bottle (or two) if you get there early enough.

odcardinal and JFresh21 like this.
  9. FleskBrewFan

FleskBrewFan Zealot (612) Aug 4, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Or next time you need a villa park property tax bill, a diploma from willowbrook high school, and every receipt from your previous more purchases as a tie breaker for the first two requirements.

All these people complaining that they're not taking care of locals/regulars are funny. Do they not think these guys wouldn't hook up their favorite customers?

I also wonder at what price point do these tickets get easier to get. $100? $200?

GuyFawkes and THANAT0PSIS like this.
  10. THANAT0PSIS

Pooh-Bah

While this is somewhat true, you can't control what time others will arrive because you have no idea. This way is less of a headache and time investment for everyone, and it has the added bonus of not getting More on the wrong side of sleepy Villa Park.

I don't understand people clamoring for lottery instead of Eventbrite/BPT since they're basically the same thing but with even less personal agency.

Lastly, a few FB gems for people that don't have FB:

-Master troll: "Pretty easy release. I got 4 tix. I don't even care about the stouts but I would like to try their hazy pilsner. Heard it's good."

-WORK FOR YOUR BEER: "Yea not great. Refreshed right at 12 and nothing. Luck of the draw. Psh. Would have rather rewarded the people willing to work for it rather than have a computer guy able to reap the reward for nothing"

-Indiana guy for whom irony is a foreign concept: "Thanks for opening up your release to the whole country. The guys that stand in line for hours to buy your beer appreciate it . Smh"

-Tons of "Take care of the locals" whining.

-Blaming bots

Never change, beer "community."

11. WIBeerSnob

Trader

Got one of those!!

12. Jaycase

Jaycase Grand Pooh-Bah (3,554) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

When the bottles are onsite consumption only, this is when tickets for bottles would be (ever so slightly) easier.

13. WIBeerSnob

Trader

A few strides have been taken to handle the crowd increase that the brewery draws. If a line is formed they run it down the Great Western Trail, so it no longer blocks Pioneer Feed. Also 2 new parking lots have been added to accommodate larger crowds.

THANAT0PSIS likes this.
  14. vikingpillager

vikingpillager Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2017 Illinois

From all of us non-FB'ers, thank you for sharing this. Outstanding!!
    I'm going to be chuckling for awhile.

I wonder what the "computer guys" look like. Tech-ier neckbeard maybe?

15. DLDlulz

DLDlulz Zealot (614) Feb 15, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

That guy is the worst. Especially since he always has 3+ mules at every release. Karma is a bitch

Vitacca, flat_lander, RS0924 and 6 others like this.
  16. THANAT0PSIS

Pooh-Bah

Fair enough. I haven't gone to any releases up there (or at Mikerphone) because I don't care to partake in that sort of nonsense much anymore. Obviously I'm biased, but I definitely prefer tickets, and I am sure More does, too.

And again, this is coming from someone who struck out today.

17. THANAT0PSIS

Pooh-Bah

No pun intended, I am sure. Ayy.

18. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (1,110) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

My fave comment from FB: >>Had 4 devices. Sold out completely in less than 1 second!???<<

Um, well, if everyone had four devices then....

FBarber, PhilBallins and THANAT0PSIS like this.
  19. THANAT0PSIS

Pooh-Bah

Cue DJ Khaled: Congratulations, you played yourself.

20. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Pooh-Bah (1,736) Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Got in through Chrome and refreshing a single tab. Even though I was lucky this time, I hope they go back to lines once it warms up a bit. I assumed the instant sellout was going to happen and it did

jaysker95 and odcardinal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.