Most underrated/on the rise NE brewery

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by JakeTheSnake30, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferillo

ferillo Defender (629) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Fest Crew Society

Brick and Feather

2. hudsonvalleyslim

hudsonvalleyslim Disciple (355) May 29, 2003 Massachusetts

Like Read said, Medusa was the one I thought of that hadn't been mentioned. Fine brews and a fine establishment. I have noticed some longtime breweries upping their game as well, like BeerWorks Framingham, Long Trail & Night Shift. (Enjoying a Night Shift Morph as we speak.) As I say to all who will listen (they're probaly deaf by now) we are living in the golden age of beer. Even more than we were 10 short years ago. Cheers!

3. thatbentleyguy

thatbentleyguy Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2012 Massachusetts

Brick and Feather sold out just after opening on Saturday. As a local I'm sensing the need to shift it to a Thursday visit! Good for them, their beer is incredible! And they are on the rise.

4. ajcuster89

ajcuster89 Aspirant (205) Apr 14, 2014 Vermont

That Winnie honey oat stout is money! It was a big hit when we brought it to Dark Lord Day.

IannG likes this.
  5. NEB_beer

NEB_beer Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2016 Massachusetts

Castle Island seems to be on the rise...

mpyoung215 and SunDevilBeer like this.
  6. beanoboy7

beanoboy7 Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2014 Connecticut

7. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (122) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

Riverwalk in Newburyport is going to be canning their IPA and a few others by the end of the month. They moved to bombers about a year ago but I think the can move is going to make them a bigger part of the Mass IPA conversation.

8. PatriotsRule

PatriotsRule Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2012 Massachusetts

robNSB, Patbrown2 and krantul like this.
  9. Bissel328

Bissel328 Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2015 Massachusetts

Patina Pale looks like superman juice in the howler...straIght fuego!

10. Bissel328

no offense but kind of hard to list Foley Brothers as "on the rise" when they make world class beers (as rated on this site) for like 2 years now

I love Pro Pig and they are deff pumping out some super underrated brews right now tough so id totally side that statement

natejohnson126 likes this.
  11. Bissel328

both are great but i think midnight special steals the cake!!

12. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2014 Massachusetts

Still a lot of people who have never heard of Folely Brothers or who don't mention them when a list of top breweries comes around. I've been there 5-6 times, our place in VT is 20 minutes door to door. While their IPAs are top notch, and some other brews are excellent, they haven't branched out into multiple styles as strongly as I think they will. So yes, still on the rise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.