Moved to MI(UP) and not sure what to trade anymore

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Beeryurt, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beeryurt

Beeryurt Mar 8, 2013 Wisconsin

I no longer live in WI and only have access to dark horse, new Holland, shorts brewing, and bell's(plus some smaller breweries). I use to pretty much just use NG for any trades, is there enough of a interest for these beers out there? Never see ISO for them.

2. chewy08rx

chewy08rx Jul 12, 2006 Minnesota

I always hit up a few places in da U.P. to grab some Shorts. I think you could use that as a starting point. If not, think about using GUS the chainsaw as leverage :slight_smile:
    Enjoy it up der in da U.P., eh?!?!

Beeryurt likes this.
  3. Beeryurt

Kind of forgot about Jolly Pumpkin

4. franklinn

franklinn May 29, 2012 Vermont

Jolly Pumpkin sees pretty wide distro through Shelton Bros, but their special releases are worth seeking out :slight_smile:

5. Beeryurt

Kind of figured that, thankfully I still have to run to wisconsin twice a month so can still stock up on NG

6. dgthrasher

dgthrasher Dec 27, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

You have plenty in MI, I have done a few trades with some michiganers, and did a beer tour there earlier this year. Depending where you live there are some brewery only beers that are always around (at dark horse,bells). growlers at oddside. Don't forget, Kuhnhenn beer. Greenbush is also picking up steam. And how can anyone turn down any of the new shorts beers. If you ever want east coast beers feel free to send me a BM.

7. Beeryurt

I have yet to see Kuhnhenn around here, I'm in the houghton area, keweenaw brewing is in town, never been a big fan of them. Let you know dq, taking a break from trading but plan on getting back into the swing of things next month

8. lurpy1

lurpy1 Jan 15, 2010 Minnesota

I absolutely love the UP - Porcupine Mtns is one of my favorite places on Earth - but didn't realize anyone moved there anymore.

For 2014 I would look at Short's as good trade collateral. A) They have cleaned up their consistency issues from what I can tell B) They don't distro outside MI and they are defiant that this will never change C) They are innovative - you want beer with Cheeto's in it? Short's probably makes it. D) The list of what they will bottle in 2014 - something like 40+ beers - is staggering and exciting. I think as a result of these things there will be increasing positive buzz and demand for them, maybe not to score whales with, but to get really good boxes in return.

9. Beeryurt

Good idea, not big into whale hunting just like to have something that can snag me bottles from east/west coast. Yes, crazy people like me move here, now that's it started snowing my girlfriend has started to question her choice of following me :slight_smile:

10. dgthrasher

dgthrasher Dec 27, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

I looked on a map where you live I don't think you can get much further north in the states...can't believe you already had snow. When I was visiting shorts there was 8" forecast, I called to make sure they would be open before driving, they just laughed, and said of course, its only snow.

I see trades now and then for a 6 pack of a shorts beer...if you posted a mixed 12 pack, you will definitely get plenty of us from the east coast.

11. Beeryurt

Plus come the summer my job has be out on isle royale island, can't get much more remote then that outside of Alaska.

12. luwak

luwak Mar 2, 2010 Arizona

I dig New Holland. I'm a recent convert to their well-known stouts....seems like people have known about them forever i just never had them til this summer.
    I'd trade for their stouts, DIPA or anything in barrel from them.
    I'm into Shorts too.
    If you ever want West Coast stuff let me know...

13. Stevedore

Stevedore Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

Ha we just had some snow (albeit brief) today in Madison, Wisconsin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.