Music & Beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by beerded_drunk, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanty76

Shanty76 Aspirant (208) Nov 12, 2015 Georgia

Weezer. Motorhead. Dean Martin. Old Snoop.

Crackerbarrel likes this.
  2. champ103

champ103 Poo-Bah (4,822) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Society

Or as Tod Snider says...

paulys55 likes this.
  3. Monkeyknife

Monkeyknife Poo-Bah (3,176) Jan 8, 2007 Missouri
    Society Trader

Everything from Ramones to Hank Williams. Vince Guaraldi to Howling Wolf. Pixies to NWA. Lately I've been listening to KUTX out of Austin on iTunes. Good stuff!

#163 Monkeyknife, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. matcris

matcris Meyvn (1,187) Sep 17, 2015 Arizona

Classic rock, Fusion, and occasionally Mozart.

GOBLIN and Wasatch like this.
  5. Crackerbarrel

Crackerbarrel Initiate (93) Feb 10, 2014 New York

Might take even a few MORE brews to get some of those other albums into rotation though, right?

MiloDropsOutofCollege likes this.
  6. Crackerbarrel

As am I my friend, these are good times we're living in. Saw them at the BnB Bowl, missed them at St Vitus, but will be seeing them for sure at Maxwell's. One of my favorite live bands.

donamh likes this.
  7. oneeye

oneeye Aspirant (264) Feb 17, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Lately, Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Funkadelic's First Ya Gotta Shake the Gate, and Phish is usually in the rotation. Beers I've been drinking lately, Alesmith IPA, Hop Ranch, and Daisy Cutter.

I watched the documentary Jimi Hendrix Elctric Church while drinking a few last weekend. He was amazing!

Stinkypuss and paulys55 like this.
  8. donamh

donamh Initiate (78) Dec 27, 2012 New York

I'm up in Albany and am never home, so I haven't been able to catch any of the shows yet. I will eventually. It has to be atleast 10 years at this point since I've seen them.

9. LloydDobler

LloydDobler Champion (846) Jul 25, 2014 Indiana
    Trader

Could be The Eagles for a calming hefe, a heavy Stout with some Mastadon, Beastie Boys with a funky saison, or some straight up gangsta sheeitt to accompany my Budweiser. Whatever the mood and beer selection is, it's too loud and drives my wife nuts!

Edit: Weezer and Incubus for any occasion.

10. devilmakesthree

devilmakesthree Disciple (301) Nov 27, 2013 Oregon

Seeing them in Bend, OR and Eugene, OR this weekend. Looking forward to some great shows and fantastic beer!

paulys55 likes this.
  11. ryansako

ryansako Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2015 Ohio

12. jimboothdesigns

jimboothdesigns Aspirant (273) Nov 1, 2014 Pennsylvania

I enjoy a mix but most of the time I'd have to say The Avett Brothers.

GOBLIN likes this.
  13. Beef_Curtains

Beef_Curtains Devotee (471) Oct 14, 2013 Ohio

a lot of indie-rock and hip-hop, but I dabble in about everything except mainstream country/pop

14. ncusatis

ncusatis Initiate (147) Dec 22, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

Umphrey's McGee - Nothing Too Fancy Pale Ale
    Phish - some funky shit... sours/saisons
    The Wood Brothers - Big BA Stouts (slow sippers)
    Modeski Martin Wood - weird shit... sour stouts, abraxas, etc.

paulys55, jRocco2021 and GOBLIN like this.
  15. warrendietrich2001

warrendietrich2001 Defender (688) Feb 13, 2013 Nevada
    Trader

I love listening to music while outdoors drinking a beer. No matter how hot or cold. I tend to listen to more mellow music when drinking a beer than I would typically listen to in a car. Love to put on Elvis Costello or Van Morrison when drinking a beer. But non beer drinking music is Alternative Music. Mellow music makes it easier to think and tends to slow my drinking down.

16. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,856) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Society Trader

I'm mostly a fusion guy, been a fan since around 71 or so when I first got introduced to The Mahavishnu Orchestra from a buddy in HS. Love Rock, Heavy Metal, Progressive Rock, Jazz, and Classical.

Cheers!

creepinjeeper and matcris like this.
  17. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Zealot (561) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

My iPod largely consists of:

1) Rap/hiphop from 1985-2005. (Big Daddy Kane/Rakim to Jedi Mind Tricks/Jurassic 5)
    2) Classical music (yeah, I know, strange with the above... my favorite piece is probably Adagio for Strings aka the Platoon music playing when Willem Dafoe gets cut down)
    3) All the extended recordings of Shut Up Little Man (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shut_Up,_Little_Man!) . If you've never heard of it, look into finding them... about 3/4 of you will giggle so falsely (you gotta listen to understand the reference). I'm a big fan of audio verite (Winnebago Man, various personalities exploding profanity, etc)

18. ArsMoriendiOU818

ArsMoriendiOU818 Zealot (548) Nov 5, 2013 California

This thread has made me realize that I hardly ever listen to music while drinking. I definitely did so in my "party" days, which would contain a very eclectic mix of music, but I generally don't associate beer drinking with music much at all really. I am really only reminded of going to shows. Curious because I listen to hours worth of music every single day. Both of my avatar's on BA so far have been music related as well. If I'm drinking a collaboration beer of a particular band, or if the beer features a direct reference to a certain song/band/album, I will listen to that band on occasion.

19. Thecalmdrinker

Thecalmdrinker Aspirant (218) Jun 27, 2015 Nevada

Well I listen to a bunch of different genres, and like you, I love music more than beer. I'm a person that likes to relax while drinking, so, when I listen to music, I will listen to something that relaxes me. I can't relax to Metal or hard rock, so I listen to certain Soundtracks, Jazz, folk, classical etc... I'm fine drinking any beer while I listen to music. :slight_smile:

Slow tempo tracks like these make me feel so relaxed. :slight_smile:

GOBLIN and blisscent like this.
  20. NYR-Zuuuuc

NYR-Zuuuuc Disciple (336) Jan 1, 2013 Connecticut

+1 on Vince Gauraldi, guy was a genius. And the Ramones!..come on those guys were absolutely fabulous. Keep rockin...

Monkeyknife likes this.
  21. AngryDutchman

AngryDutchman Aspirant (231) Aug 8, 2015 Pennsylvania

Calm down, Beavis

22. AngryDutchman

Death or Glory becomes just another story

23. headbangingteacher

headbangingteacher Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2015 Maryland

N every gimmick hungry yob digging gold from rock n' roll grabs the mike to tell us he'll die before he's sold.

24. AngryDutchman

But I believe in this an' it's been tested by research...

oldbean likes this.
  25. AngryDutchman

I think my homebrew yeast are partial to Thelonious Monk.

26. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (4,266) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I love to sit outside, drink beer, and listen to music. While at the shore, I tend to listen to classic rock from the late '60's and early '70's. At home, I often listen to American roots and classic country.

27. KACK1533

KACK1533 Initiate (167) Jan 6, 2016 Massachusetts

When I used to drink Busch Beer at Lake Timberline, I used to listen to Bruce Springsteen's "One Step Up." Can't really listen to it now without thinking about a Busch.

28. Miles_in_beer_city

Miles_in_beer_city Initiate (182) Jun 18, 2014 North Carolina

Music is like beer, there are styles or genres that I like, and those I don't particularly like.

IPA and Bluegrass is where I'm at. No music, it's still IPA. No beer, it's still....... wait did I say no beer :astonished:

29. lester619

lester619 Devotee (470) Apr 17, 2009 Wisconsin

Gotta have some tunes when drinking. It varies widely depending on my mood. Anything from Phish to Pink Floyd to Nirvana to old Metallica to Merle Haggard and Johny Cash. Anything but that top 40 radio Disney garbage. Been listening to a lot of David Bowie this week. RIP.

#189 lester619, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    scootercrabb likes this.
  30. akolb

akolb Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2015 Colorado
    Deactivated

Willie Nelson. Good for homebrewing.

Black Flag.... just kidding

31. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Poo-Bah (1,774) May 7, 2015 Florida
    Society

Death Metal +Dark Beer= Happiness

creepinjeeper and OldManMetal like this.
  32. KACK1533

KACK1533 Initiate (167) Jan 6, 2016 Massachusetts

One of the artists that used to "accompany" me while having a beer passed away today: Glenn Frey.

33. Can_if_you_can

Can_if_you_can Crusader (793) Mar 15, 2012 Minnesota

yeah baby!!! rock some Strummer!!!

34. taylordane

taylordane Initiate (137) Dec 28, 2015 California
    Trader

Tame Impala - Currents

afrokaze likes this.
  35. Inspired

Inspired Initiate (133) Mar 4, 2008 Maryland

All of this...and...ASG, Lamb of God, Elder, Torche, The Sword, Witchcraft, Graveyard, Kadavar, Deftones, We Hunt Buffalo, Kyuss, QOTSA, Vista Chino...and on and on.

Crackerbarrel likes this.
  36. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (1,772) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

The only beer style that I associate with a music style is stout and Oi!.

drinkybanjo and Crackerbarrel like this.
  37. Urk1127

Urk1127 Meyvn (1,393) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey

Anything like hardcore punk, black metal, folk. Some old school hip hop. I just am not a fan of country or jazz. I have a nice speaker set up in my area of my "bar" so theres always music playing and something for everyone playing. If it was up to me 100% the only thing i would play is hardcore punk ie; black flag, judge, madball etc...

38. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,856) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Society Trader

Good Combo!

Cheers!

39. Crackerbarrel

You're right. Probably on all of those, I'll have to check out the couple I am unfamiliar with

Still trying to dig the newer Sword album, but I'm open to it.

Inspired likes this.
  40. Crackerbarrel

The only Oi I really listen to is Cock Sparrer and The Business, but I love the style....you have suggestions for any others? I realize there are a ton out there, but most of them just strike me as nothing special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.