Must-get beers from Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by HeadyTheElder, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (5,880) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

I'm not aware of any places that sell Dave's. I only learned about it recently and have not had a chance to get out there.

2. chumsnards666

chumsnards666 Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2012
    Deactivated

No.

3. jegross2

jegross2 Meyvn (1,262) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

Stop in at Rileys. Ask them what Jeff usually buys to send his friends in Chicago. Buy all that stuff.

4. jegross2

jegross2 Meyvn (1,262) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

None? lulz

5. psychotia

psychotia Disciple (304) Jun 27, 2009 Wisconsin

Them is some harsh words for Rush River. They make good beer! Is their DIPA on par with HT/PTE/Abrasive? No. BUT it's a nice drinking DIPA. I even enjoy their blonde ale in the summer, granted it's not me who buys it but family. Nothing in their line-up screams "oh-my-god-i-must-buy", but I have yet to have a beer from them that I don't enjoy.

maximum12 likes this.
  6. chumsnards666

Deactivated

I enjoy BLP too.

7. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2008 Wisconsin

? It's 30 miles from the Minnesota border. American Sky and Rush River are closer.

8. BrownAleMale

BrownAleMale Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2011 Wisconsin

I have to make one addition to my original post after trying Tyranena's The Devil made me do it porter. It is a must must must try if you are a porter/stout fan. It actually now might be my favorite beer that Ive ever tasted that was brewed in wisconsin.

9. psychotia

psychotia Disciple (304) Jun 27, 2009 Wisconsin

???

10. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (4,744) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

U can get that at the BrewFarm, yo. A long way from MAD. Or Madison.

11. EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge Devotee (459) Mar 26, 2011 California

This is tasting pretty good tonight.

[​IMG]

12. chumsnards666

Deactivated

Have to disagree with that. It's not bad, but too coffee heavy. O'so Night Train is better.

13. HeadyTheElder

HeadyTheElder Devotee (421) Nov 3, 2012 Louisiana
    Trader

How hard is it to get Zombie Dust in Wisconsin?

14. Stevedore

Society Trader

Never seen bottles in Madison. They do have these on taps in various places downtown.

15. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (130) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

im sorry but i totally disagree. I think devil made me do it isnt too cofee heavy at all, but what i really disagree with is that night train is better. I went to school in point and would go to o'sos but ive never been much of a fan of night train. Even the coffee night train, its better but still not as good as devil made me do it. Its still not my favorite wisconsin beer but is pretty good, and im pumped to hopefully try the BA version

psychotia and BunnyLuvr347 like this.
  16. Stevedore

Society Trader

Actually come to think of it I believe Union South's The Sett may have ZD on tap right now.

17. BunnyLuvr347

BunnyLuvr347 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2010 Illinois
    Deactivated

Completely disagree with both points. Find it if you can.

18. stayclean

stayclean Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2012 Wisconsin

You can only find on tap occasionally (or a liquor store selling it on the sly I suppose if you are really lucky).

19. stayclean

Devil Made Me Do It is also a coffee porter, so...

20. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (130) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

i know, your point is? actually its a coffee oatmeal porter but anywho I was disagreeing with the guy who said reg night train was better than devil made me do it, and added that coffee night train was definitely better than reg night train but was still not as good as devil made me do it

21. stayclean

Oh, it was more of a reply to the other post than yours, ha.

22. HeadyTheElder

HeadyTheElder Devotee (421) Nov 3, 2012 Louisiana
    Trader

Is this true of most of Three Floyds stuff? Or just Zombie Dust?

23. Stevedore

Society Trader

This pertains to Zombie Dust. As for the others, you should be able to find at least some bombers of Dreadnaught, Arctic Panzer Wolf, Gumballhead, etc at most liquor stores in Madison.

If your friend is there now though, The Sett at Union South has ZD on tap so he could at least try it out, ha. I don't think they do growlers but IDK.

24. JimP1979

JimP1979 Initiate (0) May 9, 2012 Pennsylvania

ISO zombie dust. Willing to trade.

25. krl2112

krl2112 Crusader (742) Nov 10, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

IMHO I thought NG raspberry and cherry were aweful. I drain poured them both. Very fizzy and carbonated and not like a beer at all. That's my opinion. I think NG beers are just ok. I feel central waters brews are much better, again for my taste. BB stout just came out so u should get some of that. Peruvian morning is not out yet. U should also pick up some FFF but not easy to get at stores unless u swing by the brewpub. I was there today and they still have the murda'd out stout available. Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.